RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Don't you just love your friends?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Don't you just love your friends?

Well this one is off my Christmas card list for doing this.....

How was it done? Well I'm not sure as I was sat in the driver's seat waiting to be told that my small Ivor Williams 2 wheeled trailer that I use for hauling windsurfing kit around was unhitched while I was on holiday last week. Said friend had unlocked the hitch and was manouvring the trailer back from the car when he said a wheel must have hit a stone and caused the trailer to cant and run forward into the back of the car. I have learned over the years that shouting and screaming when these things happen achieves nothing, so I just kept cool and went back to see what the almighty thump in the back of the car was....... what i couldn't figure out was why he had the trailer draw so high as what he thought was a stone I think was a small triangular rest at the rear of the trailer that sticks down about 6-7cm and he had tried to run the trailer back with the draw lfited too high. I had the suspension in access mode at the time......

Hope this doesn't mean a new rear hatch, the steel isn't pierced but as you can see the scrapes are pretty deep and through to the primer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4218 Sat Oct 29 2005 8:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

That's bad luck Tim, I know what its like to get your first ding on your pride and joy, though had hoped mine would not have been in the first 3 weeks.

Mine goes in to be fixed next week, three days without my Sport means I have to drive the wife's Z4 = backache. Crying or Very sad

Let us know what you do about it. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4252 Sun Oct 30 2005 6:38pm
Tim in Scotland

RR, Chipsaway are coming out to look at it and give me a quote on Thursday. I sent them the same photo and the local guy seems to think it will not be too difficult, I hope that he knows how to dismantle the trim on the rear door... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Oct 31 2005 5:29pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #4264 Sun Oct 30 2005 7:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Ouch.......... hope you get things sorted without too much pain Tim. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4302 Mon Oct 31 2005 12:46am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Regarding the dismantling of door trim, I think we all worry about this when someone has to do something to our cars, but the 'industry' seems pretty standard in terms of the way they fix such items to bodywork, and therefore the tools they use generaly do the trick fine.

Much better than you or I having a go with a screwdriver! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4319 Mon Oct 31 2005 8:35am
Biggles

England 

Tim,
Hopefully it will be an easy fix, I always connect my own trailer to stop things like this happening and as you say its no good screaming and shouting the damage is done.
Lets hope the dent people can sort it for you. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #4327 Mon Oct 31 2005 9:53am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Bad luck, Tim!! Crying or Very sad

I too lost a battle with a parking space over the weekend and have dinked my rear bumper - I blame the rear PDC. You'd imagine that if your bumper was already in contact with the wall, that the PDC would be going "beeeeeeeep"... but oh no, still going "beep beep beep"... really have to say the PDC disappoints me. Suffice to say it's even more disappointing now!! Rolling Eyes All told though, I am not too fussed about it. I'll touchup the paint flecks and the dink itself isn't overly noticeable and will be something I deal with before I sell the car in a couple of years.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4365 Mon Oct 31 2005 3:32pm
Tim in Scotland

I have found the most useful thing about the rear PDC is the off button on the dash!, Like you Steve I find it annoying, especially when mine seems to go into continuous monotone when the car is about 2 feet from the object I am reversing close too............. this is the first car I have had with PDC and think I might find the front sensors more useful than the rear ones as I have got pretty good at judging the distance off behind the car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4378 Mon Oct 31 2005 5:29pm
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

I think there is an ECU update which can be done to cure these PDC issues. It has been reported on the disco3 web site. It has also been reported on the LR GTR web site . You have to ask your dealer to do it and quote the GTR site as when I have asked they knew nothing about it .

Post #4379 Mon Oct 31 2005 6:00pm
Tim in Scotland

Cheers Nick, I'll mention it when the car next has to visit the dealer........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #4380 Mon Oct 31 2005 6:04pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

nickp wrote:
I think there is an ECU update which can be done to cure these PDC issues. It has been reported on the disco3 web site. It has also been reported on the LR GTR web site . You have to ask your dealer to do it and quote the GTR site as when I have asked they knew nothing about it .

Nick, you don't happen to have the GTR article to hand at all? I need to get my PDC fixed or I'm going to have to set the mother-in-law on it.

Cheers
Steve 

Post #4384 Mon Oct 31 2005 7:05pm
nickp

Hi Shmoogle

I have not got it to hand but check out the disco3.co.uk web site and your can also log into the LR GTR website . Not sure of the web site but do a google search for LR GTR . You can then register and view all the current issues. You could then print out this page and show your dealer.
Nick.

Post #4390 Mon Oct 31 2005 9:19pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Thanks Nick - was just wondering... looks like that part of GTR isn't up at the moment, so will try again in the morning. 

Post #4392 Mon Oct 31 2005 10:16pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Shmoogle if you find the answers on the GTR site could you copy/past the details on this forum.

Thanks
Martin 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4414 Tue Nov 01 2005 10:29am
nickp

MDP

I will send you a PM

Post #4416 Tue Nov 01 2005 10:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>