RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Mounting DVD screens in rear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Mounting DVD screens in rear

If anyone has had problems mounting DVD screens, the headrest bracket from an eBay HongKong supplier works well.
See http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Headrest-Kit-bracket...dZViewItem
A pair cost me £12.48 delivered and they got here in only 3 days!
Our twin screen DVD player came with velcro straps to hold the screens on to the headrests. This worked fine in the Merc ML, but the straps were too short for the large headrests in the RRS. I've been hunting around for a reasonable priced bracket, but all the UK suppliers wanted £20 each and then I couldn't be sure they fitted (as the sides of the seats protrude past the headrest arms). Then I found these mounts on eBay complete with the dimensions.
See photo http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/displayim...&pos=6
I had to add a second bolt fixing on the rear of the screens to stop them wobbling and vibrating as you drive, but this was easy enough. Overall, they work very well for the money and are neat and tidy.

It's a pity there is no space under the front seats to fit the DVD player. In the Merc, it sat under the front passenger seat a treat. So for now, it just sits on the floor in it's bag.
Also it's annoying that in the Sport the cigarette lighters switch off with the ignition. Means that when my daughter is watching a film, it switches off each time I stop (like at a petrol station) and then she has to start the film again. Almost makes a six year old swear! Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4179 Fri Oct 28 2005 5:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi Matt

I was lucky that the system I had in my S4 moved into the RRS without any problems. It is a Nextbase tablet style ( ie DVD slots into the player/screen - no seperate player needed ) It works a treat has all the extras such as battery for portable use , mains power, infra red headphones, remote control excellent storage cases. It came with two types of mounting. Firstly a velcro style pad which is so simple to use and fits the RRS headrest a treat ( being black helps ) and secondly a bespoke headrest mount similar to the one you have bought. But has specific mounting for the next base system ( screw in ).

This is where I purchased it from - no problems Smile

http://shop.incardvd.uk.com/acatalog/

This shows with add battery as well & remote control and how DVD loads

Also check out Nextbase web : http://www.nextbase-europe.com/index.html 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Last edited by MDP on Sun Oct 30 2005 11:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #4186 Fri Oct 28 2005 5:46pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Makes me glad I don't have kids, look at all the added expense! Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4260 Sun Oct 30 2005 6:54pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Same here!!

Post #4263 Sun Oct 30 2005 7:26pm
d3matt

Actually, DVD players are dirt cheap now. My twin 6.5" screen system only cost £170 (bit prices are now down to £150). Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4278 Sun Oct 30 2005 10:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
Makes me glad I don't have kids, look at all the added expense! Laughing

Worth every penny..... keeps them quiet & we can listen to music that we like. I was so close to specifying the LR fully fitted system but was put off because lack of NO TV function Mad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #4291 Sun Oct 30 2005 11:44pm
d3matt

If anyone is interested, the twin screen DVD system I have in my RRS is now available from ebuyer at only £106+VAT. An absolute bargain!
See http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...mp;_LOC=UK Matt

Post #4741 Thu Nov 03 2005 8:55pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

That is an absolute bargain, even i am tempted and i dont have kids and never travel in the back!!

Post #4751 Fri Nov 04 2005 1:53am
d3matt

DVD playback on front screen

Have you seen the info in the RangeRovers.net forum regarding DVD playback on the front screen and ipod intregration?
See http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic...8bf8715899
Also looks like there maybe a rear camera add-on available soon. That is something I would consider adding. Matt

Post #4833 Fri Nov 04 2005 10:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1