RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Filling up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

no, not tried it, the owner's manual says when the fuel light comes on you have approximately 50 miles range, but that's dependent on how you drive it. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4180 Fri Oct 28 2005 4:33pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Did anyone see the TopGear episode when Clarkson drove from London to Edinburgh AND back on 1 tank of fuel in V8 4.2ltr Audi. Amazing!

Anyhow, if it says 95RON in the handbook, use that, don't however use Supermarket petrol, it is cheap and yes it does come from the same refineries, but it tends to be crap fuel without any of the good additives.

I use Optimax in my Supercharged jag, relly noticed a difference in my VTEC Honda S2000, so it is good stuff. If interested, same engine g/box as you and 75ltr fuel tank does about 300miles to fill-up time. Averaging about 24mpg combined. 30mpg on the m/way cruising.

G 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #4194 Fri Oct 28 2005 7:07pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

djsaad1 wrote:
has anyone tried seeing what happens after the miles run out on your range? On my car now it just says low fuel but i still have 3 gallons left in the car.

I nearly ran out of fuel in my VW T5 once. It too has a range display and increments down in 5 miles. It got to 5 miles, still couldn't find a petrol station. Then drove on very carefully. It then displayed 0 miles, just as I was 300yds from the petrol station. Good job I had sat nav to take me to my closest petrol station. Just made it in time. I must say I sweating a bit! Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4195 Fri Oct 28 2005 11:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tell you what is great about the TDv6 though................ 295 miles round trip to Tiree this week, fuel out on the island is £3 a litre.......... Home to Tiree, a week of short trips on island single track roads towing a trailer then a long drag back home stuck behind caravans and artic trucks in the pouring rain. The trip comp dropped from 28.5mpg for the trip there to 21.7 when I drove of the ferry this afternoon after a few drives in low ratio in the sand dunes and had recovered to 23mpg when I refilled at the local Sainsbury's tonight. My last RR would have struggled to get 22 on the trip there and never got better than 18 while out on the island. Makes you feel very smug to cruise passed Esso and Shell filling stations with £1.09 a litre showing on the price board to get back to 0.95ppl in the central belt. In a couple of weeks I'm off to the southcoast for a weekend and am looking forward to getting all the way on a single fill-up - all 510 miles of it should be achievable on about 3/4 tank without wellying the car and sticking to 70-75mph for the trip. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #4220 Sat Oct 29 2005 8:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Gazzer wrote:
If interested, same engine g/box as you and 75ltr fuel tank does about 300miles to fill-up time. Averaging about 24mpg combined. 30mpg on the m/way cruising.

G

Yeah, but it doesn't weigh 2.5 tonnes and have similar aerodynamics! When you get moving in the Sport and have to come to a halt, even just town driving, you notice the weight of the vehicle, it has a real momentum to it. That's why the front alloys get black very quickly! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4248 Sun Oct 30 2005 5:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12