RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Pulling to the Left
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mattb

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Pulling to the Left

I have a very slight pull to the left whislt driving. Now this is probally down to the Tracking as the Outside edge of my Tyre is quite heavily worn. Now is it better to go to the Stealers and get a 4 Wheeled Alignment or a decent Tyre Place

Post #90748 Wed Mar 07 2007 1:53pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If your tyre's worn, it's only going to go out of track again - so replace the tyre(s) and then see about having the realignment seen to. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #90750 Wed Mar 07 2007 1:56pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Matt. Essentially best to get the tyres and the geometry corrected at the same time. Never fit expensive new tyres without the alignment being checked. Both processes will be cheaper at your local tyre outlet. LR dealers only send the car out and charge a mark-up. Geometry should be done every six months and worth every penny. Also check ebay: I bought brand new 295/20/40s F1s for about half price and "bunged" the guy at the tyre fitters to do the whole job. Try and find a proper computerised/laser four wheel alignment centre as they adjust camber caster and many other settings for minimal wear and optimum drive. Good Luck! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #90756 Wed Mar 07 2007 2:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: Pulling to the Left

mattb wrote:
I have a very slight pull to the left whislt driving. Now this is probally down to the Tracking as the Outside edge of my Tyre is quite heavily worn. Now is it better to go to the Stealers and get a 4 Wheeled Alignment or a decent Tyre Place

Pretty common problem, which I have heard solutions ranging from a decent 4W alignment to steering column replacement.

Go and get a decent alignment (ie not via stealers) using the standard LR RRS specs and see what happens from there.

How are your tyre pressures? RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #91239 Thu Mar 08 2007 12:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mattb

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

All sorted now. Have had to replace the tyres on the Front. Very Slow Puncture that got worse. Embarassed

I have noticed though that they seem to wear more on the Outside tread. LR wanted 275 + VAT each for tyres. I dont think so.

Got the new wiper blades. What a difference thats made. Although the parts guy said that I should only expect to get one Winter out of a set as they war very quickly Censored

Post #91663 Fri Mar 09 2007 10:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1