RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Accessing retro-fit phone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Accessing retro-fit phone

I'm now totally Censored off with the dealer and the retro-fit LR phone kit. Of course it is now MY FAULT as I have dared to use a phone which is newer than the LR approved list. Apparently by using a Nokia N93 I have caused the phone kit to shut down and it means bringing it in for a re-boot. I have had no problems with a Nokia communicator 9300i although I have updated the software and it is also likely to cause problems. And now the phone is off so it doesn't matter what I do.

Anyway, I am sure I can re-boot the phone manually if I can get access to it, but I am not sure where it is located. Any ideas? I have checked the LR site but they show it being fitted behind the radio whereas I am 100% convinced that the retro-fits are mounted under the glove compartment.

All help gratefully appreciated.

ps. if any of you out there are thinking of a LR retro-fit......... DON'T! just buy a blue parrot kit instead. RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #90320 Tue Mar 06 2007 12:04pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I think he might be telling porkies! I would doubt the phone would effect the workings of the car kit, if so everyone driving around with Bluetooth enable on their phone has the potential to damage the system. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #90346 Tue Mar 06 2007 2:11pm
Havank

I have a bluetooth phone kit in my FFRR, and as i installed it myself can i assure your there is NO reset button on it

Secondly did i install a bluetooth phone kit in my 330 cabrio (which kit is the same as the FFRR) and again there is no such thing as a reset button

Thirdly i installed a full phone kit (inclusieve of bluetooth) in my Audi allroad and yes you get it NO reset button

The only button their is is the pairing button

Post #90348 Tue Mar 06 2007 3:00pm
KevinJM

Thanks guys, he may or may not be telling me porkies but that doesn't help me much. I don't imagine there is a reset button - there isn't one on either of my phones. However if my mobile phones lock up (which happens) then I switch them off and switch them on again which solves the problem. A cold reboot - disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply might work. I don't want to disconnect the battery as I don't know what that will do to everything else.

It's like with the occasional problems people have with cruise control - they pull in, switch off and on again and it works. RRS TDV6 (gone)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #90366 Tue Mar 06 2007 4:34pm
bkehoe

Ireland 

Disconnecting the battery won't cause any problems. You will just loose the names of the presets on your radio, and the current trip miles.

Post #91249 Thu Mar 08 2007 1:46pm
KevinJM

I've decided to leave it alone and go after the dealer. He can fix it properly now or replace it. either way I didn't shell out good money to fix it myself or have a non-functioning phone. RRS TDV6 (gone)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #91351 Thu Mar 08 2007 3:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1