RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bluetooth solution for those who forgot to order PTI..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

noddy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Bluetooth solution for those who forgot to order PTI..

FYI I've just spoken to an auto electronics chap who recommends the Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth kit for those of us who either forgot to order PTI or like me had less than accurate advice from the dealer... it comes with voice activation and a small LCD number/ caller display, which I guess will look bloody ugly perched on the dash but I have little option now as apparently the factory PTI kit is not retro-fittable.

Price-wise, this fella wants £255+VAT fitted, but the CK3100 kit is available on eBay at £69 so all I need is a friendly expert to fit it for me - anyone know if this kind of thing is an easy job?

Cheers!
Nod RRS Supercharged
Java/ Ivory

'94 F355, '90 M3 Evo, '95 Integrale Evo, '97 Cooper S Works, '84 911 Cab, '89 911 Speedster, '85 6R4, '59 Routemaster and something sensible for the Mrs

Post #4102 Thu Oct 27 2005 3:44pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I have the parrot CK3100 in my mini and it works fine with a Blackberry 7100v and a Sony Ericson T610. When I had mine fitted I was told that for an extra you can link the parrot to your steering wheel phone controls. I'm not sure if this is possible on the RRS though and if so what functions would be available. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #4110 Thu Oct 27 2005 4:17pm
noddy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

that'd be great, but due to the duff advice I had from my dealer at order-time, I don't have the steering wheel telephone controls...they come as part of the PTI kit.

Thanks for the info re the Parrot in your mini tho, good to know it works OK.

Does it still work if you have the flu? Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nod RRS Supercharged
Java/ Ivory

'94 F355, '90 M3 Evo, '95 Integrale Evo, '97 Cooper S Works, '84 911 Cab, '89 911 Speedster, '85 6R4, '59 Routemaster and something sensible for the Mrs

Post #4118 Thu Oct 27 2005 5:10pm
bcp

I have aParrott 3300 (includes GPS) very good when it works but a bit buggy if swapping between different phones and users. Going to take it out and replace with SE HCA-60.
BP

Post #4126 Thu Oct 27 2005 11:06pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Sorry for the intrusion from the US, but wouldn't the dealer installed Bluetooth integration kit from Land Rover include the steering wheel control paddles missing from your car as part of the kit? Perhaps this option works only in a US-spec vehicle (in which the steering wheel controls may be included regardless of whether you order PTI or not), but I am wondering if you already inquired with your dealer about it. This is the kit I am referring to: http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles...nology.htm 

Post #4128 Fri Oct 28 2005 12:16am
grommet

United States 

Yes, the dealer install version includes the buttons. It's Bluetooth only... no cradle dock support, no keypad/radio controls... and since there is no dock, there is no way to access the numbers or call logs on phone.

Unless you "must have it OEM", go third party -- you'll get more functionality. Even the factory system is marginal unless you have a cradle compatible phone.

Post #4129 Fri Oct 28 2005 4:50am
Andrew R

Wales 

Now I am confused, my dealer had informed me that the steering wheel controls etc were there whether you ordered PTI or not and that it was possible to use a Bluetooth connection, I asked the question cause I was curious about the telephone number pad next to the radio and what would it look like if I didn't order PTI ? Going to the dealers today to seek further clarification but any advice would be appreciated.

cheers
Andrew

Post #4131 Fri Oct 28 2005 8:53am
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Parrot

You may find that the Parrot ck series may need an external speaker as it cannot be linked to the amplifier. I have the Parrot ck 3000 Evolution with an external speak istalled where it cannot be seen and it works perfectly.This was 150€ fitted instead of the 713€ which Land Rover wanted.The Parrot works exactly the same. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #4836 Sat Nov 05 2005 10:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1