RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > How many miles and how long owned
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
How many miles and how long owned

OK, I'd like to see how many miles people are doing in there Sports, and how long that was done in.

I looked on the Landrover used car finder tonight and there are quite a few Sports out there now, the highest mileage one being Maya Gold at 12,600, it's a Sep 04 model on a '54 plate.

Mine is now one month old and I seem to have done 2,000 miles in it already. Crumbs Shocked At least it's getting run in quickly...

My miles are comparitively higher though as I have to ferry the wife to the airport and back twice a week, otherwise my mileage would be 1,200 instead at this time.

So, let's hear yours then, go on, make me feel daft! Embarassed L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4051 Wed Oct 26 2005 9:02pm

England 

600miles in 2 and a bit weeks.
september 2004, 54 plate? Wasn't the RRSport in the showrooms this July? tdv6se owner since end of sept 05

Post #4052 Wed Oct 26 2005 9:29pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I drove a 54 plate back in February. I happened to turn up at the showroom when the head of sales was visiting in one. I had a 10 minute drive with him and bought the RRS instead of the Disco which I had come in to put a deposit down for. I had my RRS delivered on 1st June the offical launch date. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #4053 Wed Oct 26 2005 10:13pm
RRUK

I speak no word of any lies...

Model Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE

Body 5 Dr

Registration BP54WZO

Date 9 2004

Mileage 12,600

Colour Maya Gold

Interior Alpaca (Leather)

Transmission Automatic

Fuel Petrol

Price £47,995 L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4054 Wed Oct 26 2005 10:22pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I placed my £2000 deposit in early September 2003!! yes 2003!
I drove what I was told the first delivered Range Rover Sport in Cheshire on the 26th of May 2005 this year a few days before official release date!
But that's what Guy Salmon' said and they are full of rubbish so maybe somehow a September 2004 is available!! prob an early demo?
Anyway I've done nearly 8500 miles so, not bad considering Guy Salmons have had it back for a total of 4 weeks and they can have it back again as soon as I can spare a few days!

Post #4055 Wed Oct 26 2005 11:21pm
d3matt

Car nearly six months old and done just over 8,000 miles with no problems yet. Well, apart from an intermittant headlamp which was fixed.
We're doing twice the mileage in the Sport, than our previous cars. I'm finding too many excuses to go out so I get to drive it (as my wife drives it most of the time). Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4056 Wed Oct 26 2005 11:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr Bean

mpwox11,
When did yours arrive?

My wife has just taken delivery of a Golf MK5 (instead of a new Disco cancelled due to problems with the Sport) so now I guess we'll do less milage in the RRS.
I must say the Golf is fantastic and we were treated much better by the VW dealership than LR.

Post #4057 Wed Oct 26 2005 11:32pm
d3matt

We brought our Sport late July. It was the dealer's demo. We brought it as it was the colour and spec we were going to order and while at that time the delivery times were only about 8-12 weeks, we decided not to wait and did a deal on the demo car. It was one month old with about 2,000 miles on it.

I also have a VW T5 van which I purchased new and I agree, our VW dealer is *much* better at serving their customers than the LR dealer. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4059 Wed Oct 26 2005 11:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

Mr Bean wrote:

My wife has just taken delivery of a Golf MK5 (instead of a new Disco cancelled due to problems with the Sport) so now I guess we'll do less milage in the RRS.
I must say the Golf is fantastic and we were treated much better by the VW dealership than LR.

What problems have you had with the Sport?
From reading this and the Disco3 forum, it looks like the Disco has had more problems that the Sports.
A Golf is very different to a Disco. You obviously don't need the space then.
I'm a fan of the Golf. We used to have a Golf GT diesel Mk4. It was an amazing car. Went like a rocket and always did 50+mpg. Last week I drove a Mk5 (on loan while my T5 was in the dealer for warranty work) and I must say I wasn't impressed. Maybe I've got too used to the Sport and anything else just doesn't cut it now, but I though the new Golf interior had too much plastic and wasn't the same quality of the old one. Also, it didn't have the same sporty/fun ride that the old Golf had. Still, there a very good car. Volkswagens make damn fine motors now. The new Passat is lovely. I also really like the Phaeton, but in the UK the badge means everything, so they don't sell and depreciate like a Citroen C6 Laughing Maybe in 5 years time I'll buy one as a second car, when they're selling for a few grand. Matt

Post #4060 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:07am
Mr Bean

mpwox11,
When first had the sport I/we were so impressed we ordered a Disco 7 seater thinking it'd be handy for kids football at weekends.
But after 4000+ miles in the sport the problems started. The suspension failed, car bouncing all over at 60 mph and Guy Salmons/ LR Assistance were a joke. The next suspension pump failed immediately, then the power steering failed,
Many complaints and the more you complain the more Guy Salmons take it for a joy ride.
The handbrake then fails and the pump starts again.
The power steering still not right but better, the pump noisy, + there's a new metallic noise, getting louder at 1000-1250 revs coming from under the bonnet.
Oh yes and the number plate rear bulb fell out but that only took 2 visits and 5 hours to put right.
When I told them I was cancelling the Disco because I wasn't happy with all the warranty work on the RRS the sales manager took his familly away off roading in my RRS and gave it me back filthy, I mean absolutely coverred in crap!
Anyway I still like the look of the sport but at the moment the Golf is tempting me more. If only the RRS behaved like it did for those first 4000 miles...I'd be so happy, but it now feels like a different car...similar to an old P38! The Golf is better.

Last edited by Mr Bean on Thu Oct 27 2005 12:54am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #4062 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:37am
Mr Bean

by the way, I had my own Golf MK5 last year when it first came out, whilst waiting for the launch of the RRSport.
At first I wasn't impressed that much, it was ok, but it really grew on me.
After 2-3 weeks I loved it.
My wife thinks her new one is ok now after 3 days, I think it's fab!

Post #4063 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:43am
lOWEST pAID sPORT oWNER

United Kingdom 

No miles yet, not even placed a deposit, but as I use a van all day driving I'm hoping to do about 5-6000 miles per year max in my sport when it arrives. I should be eligible for the lowest mileage RR Sport owner title. I'm selling a MK4 golf, great car, never let me down. this member has only recently joined and has yet to prove RRS ownership. Please re-register and submit income details on your profile information page.

Post #4064 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:51am
kam100

United Kingdom 

I got my car delivered Aug 31st, it was a previously registered car cancelled order which was run as a demo by solihull stratstone LR dealer reg'd June 2005.

Went to test drive it with a friend who was keen (just for the experience) and ended up doing a deal on it two days later when it was "offered" to me within a two week delivery timescale. Had 4800 on the clock.

Ive now owned it coming up to 2 months and has got 6300 on the clock now i think, so 1500 in two months near enough, think thats quite low.

The most miles i ever did in a car so far was my old 330d Bmw which i covered 26000 miles in 16 months or so..

Post #4065 Thu Oct 27 2005 12:55am
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I´ve done 7600 kilometres I´ve had the car since 18th July. I think that I am very lucky I have not had one single problem with this car touchwood.It´s perfect need some more ooompph i.e.. Turbochip upgrade but then as my mate from London said when you arrive you arrive in style.Maybe I need to think of the Sport in this way or buy the Supercharged. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #4069 Thu Oct 27 2005 4:17am
RRUK

Guys,

Please try and stick to the thread in hand rather than moving onto problems and dealers etc, there are other sections for that or PM's.

Thanks! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4073 Thu Oct 27 2005 9:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>