RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TAILGATE SEIZED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

SALMON FISHER

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

HI BRIAN
Going into the dealer tomorrow if the lock arrives let you know the outcome Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #90036 Mon Mar 05 2007 10:12pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Check your tailgate for dents after you get it back, mine came back after having the tailgate sorted recently with a f Censored g shallow dent in it, it looks like someone had pushed down hard on the tailgate to close it Evil or Very Mad will be back to the dealers again shortly some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #90053 Mon Mar 05 2007 10:28pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Good luck SF. As Envoy says, always check your car when collecting. I had messed-up headlining after windscreen work last time and a scuffed-up alloy the time before.

Might be £100ph but NOT necessarily the most professional mechanics.., and NEVER honest!!!! Evil or Very Mad MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #90057 Mon Mar 05 2007 10:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AlanM

Canada 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

After 5 days on my RRSC 2007 the full tailgate wouldn't open using any means. It has the soft close mechanism and it left the door loose - wouldn't even produce a click sound. The upper half of the tailgate would open.

I had to have the latch replaced - which the dealer did from a car on the lot. Then he found he can't get a replacement! I have to laugh! Very Happy Very Happy

. .
Come for a visit, Victoria is beautiful!

Post #90544 Wed Mar 07 2007 12:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Brian Mason

AlanM wrote:
After 5 days on my RRSC 2007 the full tailgate wouldn't open using any means. It has the soft close mechanism and it left the door loose - wouldn't even produce a click sound. The upper half of the tailgate would open.

I had to have the latch replaced - which the dealer did from a car on the lot. Then he found he can't get a replacement! I have to laugh! Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Now that IS funny!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lucky they didn't just order you one for you, your car could've been off the road a while! Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Last edited by Brian Mason on Wed Mar 07 2007 12:31am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #90547 Wed Mar 07 2007 12:29am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

AlanM wrote:

That will teach him for not just putting it on back order and telling you to wait which is the norm Thumbs Up some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #90548 Wed Mar 07 2007 12:31am
Brian Mason

ENVOY wrote:
AlanM wrote:

That will teach him for not just putting it on back order and telling you to wait which is the norm Thumbs Up

Wink Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #90572 Wed Mar 07 2007 5:25am
SALMON FISHER

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well what do you know i picked up my RRS after the lock being fixed but it was dark so everything seemed to be fine,been out this morning and checked for dents etc. didn't find any dents but opened the tailgate and all the plastic on the bottom half of the door has been damaged as if they have been trying to force the top half down.
Anyway phoned the dealer and they said SORRY we will order you a new one.
If only the mechanics have to fork out the money for a RRS maybe they would treat it with respect which it deserves instead of this (i don't give a Censored attitude)
The case continues. Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #91209 Thu Mar 08 2007 11:54am
Brian Mason

SALMON FISHER wrote:
Well what do you know i picked up my RRS after the lock being fixed but it was dark so everything seemed to be fine,been out this morning and checked for dents etc. didn't find any dents but opened the tailgate and all the plastic on the bottom half of the door has been damaged as if they have been trying to force the top half down.
Anyway phoned the dealer and they said SORRY we will order you a new one.
If only the mechanics have to fork out the money for a RRS maybe they would treat it with respect which it deserves instead of this (i don't give a Censored attitude)
The case continues.

I'm sorry to hear it SF, but not surprised. Mechanics are bunch clumsy wideboys and rarely vary between dealerships. LR appear to be about the worse, but I've also had problems with Mercedes and I'm sure others will quote horror stories throughout dofferent makes and locations. Good Luck! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #91257 Thu Mar 08 2007 2:56pm
marc_surrey

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

I've had exactly the same problem, twice now! The first time the tailgate locked I had to get the car back to the dealer who fixed it (but I don't know how - does anybody else?). I tried all the suggested remedies on here - holding down both lock/unlock buttons on the dash, etc. All to no avail.

Unfortunately I've had the very same problem happen to me again today.... :x

Great.............

Post #127226 Sun Jul 22 2007 11:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12