RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Found my 1st serious omission!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Found my 1st serious omission!

Went shopping this morning and............... there are no little hooks in the boot like the big RR had. This means I cannot rig my exFreelander luggage netting across the boot to put carrier bags in to stop them sliding round, and there are no other hooks in the boot at all to hook carrier bag handles onto.
There were at least 4 in the boot of the big RR................. Confused serious omission that one in a car where due to your driving technique things are likely to move round in the boot (a bottle of bleach fell over on the way home..... fotunately the cap was well screwed down and it was extra wrapped in a carrier bag) Looks like a visit to B&Q for some stick backed hooks is coming up otherwise I'm going to have to buy a rubber boot liner/mat to stop things sliding round.

Post #184 Thu Jun 09 2005 5:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

How you finding the new car Tim,
The pictures posted in the Trossachs (spelt correctly ?) make me envious Very Happy ,
Very pleased for you the colour looks brill in the sunshine. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #186 Thu Jun 09 2005 7:05pm
Tim in Scotland

For the last 3 years all those trails have been opened to 4x4 (300 miles of Forest roads between the Queen Elizabeth FP and the Argyll FP) 3 times a year. The spring and Autumn forest drives were just that, a drive but the June drive had special offroad stages......... and when they resume them the RR Sport may not be doing these stages, these shots are all of my Defender90

Deep water wading...... cost me 2 new rear hubs, but it was great fun at the time

In the slate quarry

Another quarry shot

In the deep mud and it was poring with rain too......

This isn't my Def but I have done this several times, so did my Freelander but not the RR!

RRTD6 P13 at offroad height in the forests

P12 and P13 stopped for lunch in Argyll Forest

The RRTD6 did these drives twice, 1st time it was 3 weeks old and it didn't do the mud or the water .............. on that occassion!

Post #188 Thu Jun 09 2005 7:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Sorry to hear about the omission, Tim. If I'm not mistaken, there's supposed to be 4 Luggage Anchor Points - are we talking the same thing? Page 140 of the Owner's Handbook shows this. I don't know how to insert the pdf page here. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #190 Thu Jun 09 2005 11:44pm
Biggles

England 

Nice pics Tim,
Hope thats the only serrious! problem you have with the new toy, Im currently on countdown to owning mine and looking forward to reports on how yours is performing.
We are up in Scotland in October for my nieces wedding (kilmarnock) spending the weekend may get a chance to find some nice trails, but I think any spare time will be spent on the nearest golf course. Very Happy Very Happy Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #200 Fri Jun 10 2005 8:39am
Tim in Scotland

Bobby the 4 tie down points are there, I know the things you mean.

Post #205 Fri Jun 10 2005 9:03am
Tim in Scotland

Another wee omission/ bit of poor design

Land Rover have listened to the criticism that was leveled at the L322 Range Rover and the fact that it was difficult for the driver to read the analogue clock on the dash. I you wanted to find out the time without taking your eyes off the road , you had to scroll through the trip computer functions.................. Well LR have addressed that bit of poor design............... there is no analogue clock and the time display on the radio is hidden from the driver by the steering wheel rim......................... and the trip computer is not as user friendly to scroll through as on the L322! Looks like a trip to Halfords for a cheapo stick on job is called for!

Post #258 Mon Jun 13 2005 8:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1