Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > JLR Product Reliabilty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BigBen

United Kingdom 
JLR Product Reliabilty

https://www.whatcar.com/news/revealed-the-...uvs/n21061

5 out of top 10 most unreliable are JLR products.

We are expected to pay a premium price for this.

I dont think so and that is precisely why I bought a Mercedes. After 3 Range Rovers I am not prepared to put up with this and bad dealership service any more.

Post #595667 Thu Feb 27 2020 5:49pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I am sure the Mercedes will fulfill all your functional desires. Thumbs Up

Personally, I prefer to buy British and enjoy the non-functional benefits of the Rangie. Cool

I’ve never owned a Merc, although I respect them immensely, but I owned a BMW 330i (325is prior) and it was no more nor less reliable than my RRS which I owned for 9 years from new. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #595890 Mon Mar 02 2020 3:09am
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

So they have Discovery 4 at the bottom........ my last two I had for seven years and only put tyres, pads and discs on them. Is it perhaps, at least in part, that a LR owner is more expectant than most other owners so complains more (apart from dealer service that is!) Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #595899 Mon Mar 02 2020 7:51am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I've just bought another sport after trading my old one in. 3 years of ownership and no problems in that time. Is this due to the fact it was serviced on time and looked after properly or am I just one of the lucky ones ?

I think you either get a good one or a bad one judging by the fact there seems to be a lot of posts from the same people about the same cars having yet another issue 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #595900 Mon Mar 02 2020 8:58am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I bought a 2008 TDV8 last September with full history some main dealership & some independent , I was recommended an excellent indie who put the vehicle absolutely tip top for £1100 Inc VAT , In his opinion many problems are caused by the vehicles not being maintained properly either because of cost or poor service from main dealers. I have had many other cars including Mercedes but have to admit that the RRS is the most comfortable car I have ever driven.

Post #595905 Mon Mar 02 2020 10:10am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

LR's main problem is the main dealers. They're generally poor and just want to do the high-price/low-cost stuff such as servicing. Anything else gets pushed back which is why vehicles can be with them for a week or more to have something fixed, or has to go back multiple times because they rushed the work to get rid of it.

Find a decent indy and you'll pay less and get better service.

I find the OP's post strange. Has he gone to Mercedes because What Car rate LR's reliability as low or has he had lots of problems with his vehicles? It would be nice to know. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #595909 Mon Mar 02 2020 10:38am
BigBen

United Kingdom 

I went to Mercedes (GLE 450) because it was more comfortable, better built, better equiped and considerably better value than RRS base model. The current GLE is a very different and markedly better vehicle than the previous model. I have stated in another post that JLR products are undoubtedly the best for serious off road use but my days for requiring that level of off road capability are gone (unfortunately). Also the RR range has better looking vehicles and have a better presence albeit the GLE is growing on me.

My two FFRR were disasters - first engine failure and second gearbox failure each at around 60k and three years. The last being a 2014 RRS was no problem at all but sold ahead of potential issues. The main complaint during last ownership was the increasing bad attitude of and service from main dealers.

Post #595919 Mon Mar 02 2020 1:53pm
Pelyma

England 

The last bit was why I jumped ship too from a D4 to a Cayenne 18 months ago. I have driven LRs for 20 years so it was a big wrench but after Guava closed I was fed up with lying scoundrels trying to fleece me. Porsche might try to fleece me but at least they smile whilst doing it Laughing Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #595924 Mon Mar 02 2020 5:24pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

BigBen wrote:
I went to Mercedes (GLE 450) because [...]

Ah, that all makes sense now. Thumbs Up

Can't say I blame you having read that. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #595925 Mon Mar 02 2020 5:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1