RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Mud Flaps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

timajersey

Jersey 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue
Mud Flaps

I had mud flaps fitted by my dealer before my car was delivered at the end of August.

When I cleaned the car about 3 weeks ago I noticed that the screws & washers used to fit the mud flaps were already starting to rust!

I have taken it back to show my dealer who really wasn't very interested, and suggested that it was one of the shortcomings of being a Landrover owner.

I had a look at a nearly new Discovery 3 and a Range Rover and both had similar symptoms.

Under duress, he reluctantly removed one of the rusting screws and says he will pass it on to their parts department who he hopes can source an alternative, possibly in stainless steel.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the outcome? RRS 2.7 TDV6 SE Cairns Blue/Alpaca Leather

'03 Porsche Boxster Seal Grey/Black Leather

Post #3905 Mon Oct 24 2005 8:16pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

You'll have a good dealer if they do anything and an amazing one if they source some stainless steal screws!

I've put mudflaps on all my cars over the years and this is quite common. While the screws might rust, it would be years before they are that bad that you'd struggle to remove them. It's only really surface rust. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You could always paint the screw heads with an anti-rust paint. Then maybe put a blob of black or clear silicone over each head. At least silicone pulls off in one lump easily. I use it for all sorts of things. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #3906 Mon Oct 24 2005 8:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

You can get stainless steel screws from Screfix Direct. Here is a link to the said page.

ScrewFix 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3928 Tue Oct 25 2005 9:25am
timajersey

Jersey 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue

Thanks Martin, I will give the dealer a short while and then source some myself.

Tim. RRS 2.7 TDV6 SE Cairns Blue/Alpaca Leather

'03 Porsche Boxster Seal Grey/Black Leather

Post #3937 Tue Oct 25 2005 10:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1