RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bluetooth and HTc TyTn
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BoatMad

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Bluetooth and HTc TyTn

Theres no doubt there is a big problem with teh RRS PTI and the HTC TyTn, ( mentioned also in the disco forum). Its wierd, but randomly the LR PTI just doent see the phone and the " No phone attahced" message is presented when you press the button. What ive discovered it require the PTI to " remove" the phone before it will attach it. Removal occurs only when the LR system shut down , ie the radio LCD finnally goes dead. The pairing still works even with the key out of the ignition, despite what LR manual says.

Until the LR system "removes" the phone , no amount of re-paring on the TyTn will get the PTI to see the phone. Typically if you shut the car down and wait for the LCD to switch ff it will find the phone usually after showing " phone removed" and " phone attahced" messages

Anyone got any other ideas. Its amazing that LR dont provide you with more control. for examplke it should be poissible to change teh passkey and also kill the paring from the LR side etc.

Annoys the hell out of me as my whole life is on my HTC TyTn.

It will be interesting to see if the MY08 update to the disco , which brings PBAP ( phone access profile) will be available as a upgrade to the existing PTI software, Is there any history of PTI upgrades from the dealers. RRS HSE TDV8 Java black/Ebony interior, mud flaps,20" stormers, towing, roofrack,sunroof,cooler V8 Tasmods Sills,black badges, carstyling java black vents
Previously FFRR TD6 Metallic Grey

Post #84779 Sun Feb 18 2007 10:10pm
KevinJM

Yugoslavia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

The updated list of compatible phones shows all QTEC phones to be not recommended. Since QTEC is just HTC by another name, I guess one can conclude that the HTC phones are also not compatible. I used a QTEC 8500 for a while with the car but it never functioned properly and finally gave up the ghost. RRS TDV6 (gone)
RRS TDV8 HSE(gone, burned out)
ML 320 CDI Airmatic

Post #84962 Mon Feb 19 2007 2:31pm
pulse

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

If you want a carkit that will work give me a shout and i'll fit a parrot for you have fitted 80 parrots with all kinds of phones ie:Blackberry XDA etc etc they work great and are very neat
Cheers Shane

Post #85109 Mon Feb 19 2007 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1