RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Suspension Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678

jjb218

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Same supension Red Light fault! RRS at the dealer for 3weeks

My RRS just woke up with a Hangover, the little redbulb was flashing saying samething, and did the ride feel BAAADDDDDDD!
I COULDNT DRIVE IT WITHOUT HAVING IT MOVE SIDEWAYS! IS THE CHASIS STABILITY DAMAGED?
This is the system that levels your RRS when you enter a curve, you turn hard and it balances it right?
Well, mine has been at the dealership for 3 weeks 6 days!!!
What will happen now?? I only have 5000 km!
I dont know what to do!!
Im going to church then a Pub!
Cheers amigos!
JJB

Post #105654 Sat Apr 28 2007 2:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The doc

United Kingdom 

Dynamic response rears it's ugly head once more Evil or Very Mad

Post #105659 Sat Apr 28 2007 2:21pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Ps try the pub before the church - its more fun Thumbs Up

Post #105663 Sat Apr 28 2007 2:22pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
Re: Same supension Red Light fault! RRS at the dealer for 3w

jjb218 wrote:
My RRS just woke up with a Hangover, the little redbulb was flashing saying samething, and did the ride feel BAAADDDDDDD!
I COULDNT DRIVE IT WITHOUT HAVING IT MOVE SIDEWAYS! IS THE CHASIS STABILITY DAMAGED?
This is the system that levels your RRS when you enter a curve, you turn hard and it balances it right?
Well, mine has been at the dealership for 3 weeks 6 days!!!
What will happen now?? I only have 5000 km!
I dont know what to do!!
Im going to church then a Pub!
Cheers amigos!
JJB

Took over two weeks to do mine and I only live 200 miles from the factory Shocked

As bad as it looked mine was just an "O" ring failure Rolling Eyes Have you noticed an oil leak Question

Good luck. I can feel your pain Crying or Very sad  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #105770 Sun Apr 29 2007 7:01pm
canaryman

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue

Superb. I pressed my button to put car into "off-road" height and it worked as it should. Pressed button to put it into its normal height and it said "going into extended mode" whilst the car actually lowered Shocked .

Pressed button for off road height again and it went into access mode whilst the car actually moved upwards.

All of this was whilst I was on tarmac. Took it to dealer who hooked it up to their computer and no fault was shown even whilst they watched in amazement at the messages on the dash that were telling us that the car was actually doing the exact opposite. Excellent.

The supension overheated and it seems I have a fault they have never seen before Very Happy . They are going to renew all 4 sensors and see how it goes. It is odd that the there were no fault codes on their machine and the car showed no warning lights either.

I will keep you posted about the results Confused

Post #180913 Fri Aug 01 2008 10:52am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

This is one of the things that annoys me about modern cars and dealers (Excluding Charles Hurst of course Bow down ).

If you complain of a problem they plug a computer into the ECU port and if nothing shows up on diagnostics then there isn't a problem end of.

You then end up having to physically show them the problem which they finally acknowledge and (Hopefully) rectify.

Canaryman just goes to show that these computer diagnostics aren't necessarily all they're cracked up to be Rolling Eyes Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #180929 Fri Aug 01 2008 12:37pm
canaryman

Supertrotter. Diagnostics can be a problem but my lot are really good, they do not believe everything that the computer tells them. They gave me a Freelander for the weekend as the Phaeton was out and I could not sponge the Bentley coupe Big Cry

As the diagnostics showed that all four sensors were working (which they were not) they are going to change all four height sensors which should fix the problem. Bit of a bummer not having it this weekend as I wanted to go into the forest and hunt for some mushrooms. Sad

Post #180938 Fri Aug 01 2008 2:00pm
canaryman

All four sensors replaced but it is still not working and going into extended mode when you select the normal height after being in raised mode. Oh well, 4 days and I still have the Freelander so cannot complain and my wife has a hire car which is fun (a new mini cooper) Razz

Post #181684 Thu Aug 07 2008 12:17pm
BigMart

United Kingdom 

I think it's more likely a wiring fault giving the voltage "apparently" going in the wrong direction and thus reporting the vehicle is going down and not up.

I sell automotive oscilloscopes and frequently do garage / dealership demos to explain how you can prove sensors and circuits to be correct or incorrect BEFORE parts are ordered.

I am astounded at how many technicians / engineers / mechanics / fitters (delete as appropriate) insist the ECU must be right in every situation.

Good luck

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #181703 Thu Aug 07 2008 2:19pm
canaryman

Ok, it is fixed. The computer read out showed all was well though the suspension was still doing its own thing.

My dealership liaised with Landrover in the UK and it is "new fault". They eventually brought in another RRS and swapped the parts around until the found what was not working.

Apparently one of the valves on the suspension was not expelling air quickly enough which does not show as a fault on the diagnostics. The valve was replaced and all is well (for now).

They also replaced something to do with the exhaust recycling (though that was not part of the fault) and it does more mpg and just feels better to drive now. Very Happy

Post #182075 Sun Aug 10 2008 10:04am
canaryman

Quick update about the suspension problem. Yesterday it returned!!! Went into extended mode when I pushed the button to lower it to access height. The messages on the lcd screen were telling me the car suspension was doing one thing whilst the display on the dials panel was telling me the opposite Shocked .

The system then would not raise the front end resulting in a sort of "drag racer" look which was interesting.

Car gone back in and basically they are having to replace the compressor and the control unit (I think it is all one part) plus a couple of other valves.

My normal warranty runs out on the 8th Sep too but am assured that this will be under warranty again.

(Yes we are purchasing a full extended warranty Very Happy )

Post #186547 Wed Sep 03 2008 1:40pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I know a guy in Melbourne with one of the first arrived 05 TDV6 RRS's into Australia. He recently got back from a trip through the Simpson desert where this exact problem materialised - when he turns the car off the front suspension lowers. He was taking it to the dealer last month and I haven't bumped into him since to understand the latest.

FWIW It may be newish to RRS, but I have seen two P38's here in Melbourne parked up like this with only the front suspension lowered, one is usually just round from the corner from Moorabin Airport!

Post #186630 Thu Sep 04 2008 12:26am
canaryman

Was given my car back 3 weeks ago with a new compressor (including ecu). They took the old one off my car put it on another car and the other car displayed the same symptons as had my car.

My car worked just fine until yesterday. I put the car into access mode to get it into an underground carpark and suddenly the display went into extended mode though the car did not lower. Put the car into normal mode and it worked fine, put it into off-road mode and the back end went up whilst the front end decided to raise slowly and then stop.

My car is no booked back in for Thursday to look at it again. So far they have replaced all four sensors, the compressor and the ecu (all one unit) and when fitted with my old compressor and ecu, another car showed the same symptons.

This could prove a difficult one Big Cry

Post #189350 Tue Sep 23 2008 2:43pm
canaryman

Righty ho, I have the car back and it seems to be working ok.

The dealership noticed the car was lowering at the front end during the night. They stripped out the airbags on the suspension at the front and found that one of the "sleeves"(they are a sort of bright-neon-green flexi tube with three rings around them (one at top, one at bottom and one in the middle) had deformed. These things go around the pistons in the suspension and are critical to the build up of psi. Apparently, due to the deformity it leaked air sometimes which confused the system. There was also sand inside the sleeve which is a mystery as there are no beaches in Bavaria Shocked .

They changed both front air suspension units for me with no fuss as the problem had happened during the last few weeks of warranty and had reappeared after the warranty had finished.

To sum up, the car now has 4 new height sensors, 1 new compressor and two new suspension units on the front end.

Post #190288 Wed Oct 01 2008 7:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678