RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS 2010/11 advice.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Lambouk

United Kingdom 
RRS 2010/11 advice.

Hello all, I’m sorry in advance as there’s probably a few of these posts but I can seem to find one I like.
I’ve always wanted a RR or RRS and I’m very near to actually getting one (or maybe a Discovery sport) but after loads of reviews I’m worried about the air suspension. Does it really go wrong that much as every review seems to say it does. I’m looking for a 2010/11 so how long should it last? And are there any big other problems I should look out for? Other than transmission oil change. Thanks so much for any help. Steve.

Post #579930 Mon Apr 29 2019 8:43pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

I honestly think suspension is the least you should worry about, the compressor can be a problem but is quite an easy fix compared to other things,, totally depends on what model you get. Turbo's, EGR valves, front lower suspension arms, wheel bearings to name but a few. Epb system can be expensive but if maintained properly should be trouble free. Best advice is always go for a correctly and fully serviced item. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #579932 Mon Apr 29 2019 9:03pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

exactly my thoughts!

air suspension is the least you should worry about,

Post #579933 Mon Apr 29 2019 9:13pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Good advice above. Ensure you get hold of well looked after example, full service history etc. These are amazing cars, but due to the complexity, there is a lot to go wrong which can be expensive to fix. Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #579938 Mon Apr 29 2019 9:44pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Albeit I have a 2012my the air suspension has caused me no issues over 4 years and 50k miles (car at 95k now). It has had a new battery, alternator, 3 wheelbearings, 6 tyres, 2 complete sts of pads and discs, 1 x handbrake assembly, 1 intake manifold, both belts changed, aaaaaaaaaand, 2 x brand new Censored. turbos Smile Get a good warranty, deep pockets and put away money into a running fund. Great car but you will need this.

Post #579957 Tue Apr 30 2019 8:35am
Lambouk

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the help and advice. I’ll keep all this in mind 👍

Post #580071 Wed May 01 2019 5:06pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Like any car, there’s good and there’s bad. My car had an easy life to start and then just before I bought it, the previous owner was a little tight on the purse strings. New rear pads but not discs, 2 new tyres but not very good ones and a mediocre repair to a wing mirror. In 18 months I’ve put new front ARC pipes on, new battery, new tyre (council paid) and new rear discs, pads and shoes. I feel lucky with that and it’s been cheaper to maintain than my previous 16 year old focus.

I did my research and decided on the Petrol Supercharged to avoid Diesel engine issues despite the cost of petrol. I did 8000 miles last year so not much really. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #580074 Wed May 01 2019 6:12pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I have had mine 6 years, admittedly it's only done 65k but apart from a service once a year it has had front and rear pads and discs, tyres, a fuse for the heated front screen plus a couple of screens, small wiring harness in steering wheel and a new switch in the tailgate that's it. I did fit new battery as a precaution prior to shipping it 12000mls. I will admit I have spent a lot of money doing mod's to it and replacing a few bits of plastic like the faded scuttle panel, however that was purely by choice to keep the car up together and not a necessity.

Cheers
Col

Post #580098 Wed May 01 2019 11:54pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It might be useful if I list the repairs to mine as, being a couple of years older than what you are after, it may well indicate some of the issues you might experience. Largely a lot has been covered already here.

Bought it in March 2016 and the garage said they had fitted new ARB bushes and a new battery. Since then I have had:
N/S front lower arm, O/S Front Lower Arm, N/S front wheel bearing, O/S front wheel bearing, Steering Column Lower U/J, Four Wheel Tracking, Handbrake service and repair, new Front Diff, Battery, Alternator, Rear Brake Discs, sensor and Pads, Both rear Dampers, 6 new Tyres (in 40,000 miles but still plenty of meat on the tyres currently fitted). In total I have spent around £2,300 on repairs (as distinct from service, maintenance or upgrades) and my warranty has paid for £2,300 of that total (warranty costs over the 3 years - £969). The car is now on 86.000 miles. Most of the repairs were done within the first 2 years of ownership. Since then (so the last 12 months) I have had no repair bills. (Well that's put the kiss of death on it Shocked )

The only preventative maintenance I do, apart from regular servicing is that I use Redex Diesel additive in each tank of fuel at about £1 a time and I have had a full gearbox Powerflush.

Hope this helps in your deliberations. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #580102 Thu May 02 2019 8:11am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I've owned mine from new, so nearly 9 years now. I had a few things under warranty, including windscreen wipers Shocked

After manufacturer's warranty (i.e. 6 years) I have had:
Turbo actuator ~£900 (4 years in)
Steering pump £see below* (6 years in)
Shock absorber (funky electronic one) £see below
Suspension bushes £see below
That is all

*All those three in 2016 came to £2300, and I got over £2000 back from Warranty Direct.

My XJR (3 to 4 years old) and XKR (1 to 2 years old) were both cheaper to run in terms of maintenance. My 1989 BMW 325i was more expensive to run in terms of repairs, but my 2000 BMW 330i was less expensive.

But this talk of repairs is all tosh. The defining point about the vehicle is the [relative] presence and overall comfort. Compared to a 2010 Lexus or Volvo or Merc my car looks significantly better, so much more timeless. In terms of comfort, when I hire modern humdrum cars (like Nissan Qashqui or BMW 2 series) and then get back into mine I get a proper a-ha moment... and it is over 8 years old. When it snows on my street (which is on a major incline) and berks get stuck facing neither direction and need me to move I just effortlessness pull away on my summerish tyres, let them flail around where they cannot damage me, and then repark where I was in the snow once they've rescued themselves... simples.

In short, if you can find a looked-after example, and accept it is not a cheap car to run, then you will have miles of enjoyment.... and, please, do not expect a Disco Sport to do the same. Because it won't. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #580157 Thu May 02 2019 10:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1