RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Aussie spec?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

chex

ivery819 wrote:
TB wrote:
Bigger windows. Shocked I think someone is getting confused with bigger mudflaps.

Mudflaps are a legal requirement on L/R vehicles destined for Australia. This is the only major difference to UK spec that I am aware of.

BIGGER ? Exclamation Nearly right !
For some time the Euro Spec glass did not meet Australian Standards so STRONGER glass had to be fitted !
My GB XJC had to have ALL the glass, the seatbelts, the lighting systems and the tyres (and more) 'upgraded'.
At the end of the day if the vehicle does not have an 'Australian Compliance Plate' it has a drastically reduced resale value and may be hard (expensive ) to insure.
Some further light reading: Whistle

www.dotars.gov.au/transport/safety/road/bulletin/importing.aspx

www.dotars.gov.au/roads/motor/design/adr_online.aspx

tnx v much!

Post #84334 Sat Feb 17 2007 1:16am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

If I'm not mistaken, in order to bring a car into Australia you need to apply for a compliance plate. There are some conditions applied. From memory I think it was something to do with the seatbelts, wheels, heaters etc. Anyway, you will need to get a local (Australian) to do this for you. You do the necessary 'changes' as per the compliance requirement and get the car passed.Registration will then be possible. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #84345 Sat Feb 17 2007 4:41am
ivery819

Bobby wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, in order to bring a car into Australia you need to apply for a compliance plate. There are some conditions applied. From memory I think it was something to do with the seatbelts, wheels, heaters etc. Anyway, you will need to get a local (Australian) to do this for you. You do the necessary 'changes' as per the compliance requirement and get the car passed.Registration will then be possible.

You can bring anything in but in order to use it you have to get it assessed and certified.
Plenty of exotic cars CANNOT be registered for road use........GT 40, some Ferraris, etc etc.
There are private collectors such as Lindsay Fox ( www.foxcollection.org/news.htm )who have access to their own roads/tracks but never drive their cars on public streets.
The RRS should not present many problems technically (apart from the TDV6 supplementary engine number plate) but the whole process is complicated and frustrating !
From experience I can tell you that the manufacturers are NO help, after all why should they ?
Why bother when you can by a new or used one locally ?

Post #84347 Sat Feb 17 2007 5:01am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Importing is definitely NOT an easy process, even trying to arrange import, work out the import taxes, customs duties, any GST etc etc etc, can be a nightmare. certification, not knowing what changes are need, agree with the comment the manufacturers are about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard. I looked into importing from the UK when we wanted to bring the TD5 Disco down when we moved, gave up in the end and decided to get something new down here. Shipping was not to bad mind you, 1600 pounds on a RORO, and it takes about 6-8 weeks from Southampton.

It could end up quite expensive in the end, so best weigh up the costs of a 2nd hand RRS in Australia vs bring your own, and at least the ones in Aus have the stronger bigger windows and mk2 flux capacitor preloaded, no need for mods Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #84367 Sat Feb 17 2007 9:04am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

That's the best info right there you can't go wrong with it Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #84376 Sat Feb 17 2007 9:57am
chex

LR are saying they will deliver it us as Aussie spec, will this make a difference?

Post #84424 Sat Feb 17 2007 4:18pm
ivery819

JayMann wrote:
That's the best info right there you can't go wrong with it Thumbs Up

Very Happy DITTO

Very Happy Good luck Chex Surprised

Post #84527 Sat Feb 17 2007 10:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12