RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY20 Configurator Now Live
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

RRSman

United Kingdom 
MY20 Configurator Now Live

Looks like JLR are really losing the plot with pricing and even PCP figures now Shocked

Just noticed the MY20 configurator is now live. Can't see anything extra added to the cars except price increases!

They have lost Corris Grey (IMHO one of the best colours for the new Sport) and added two new colours - Portofino Blue (Replaces Loire Blue) and Eiger Grey which seems to be similar to Nolito grey on my wife's MY19 Evoque First Edition (Nolito was exclusive to the first edition).

The engine options have been tweaked too:

The SDv6 is available in all trims
SDV8 on the Autobiography only
2.0L Petrol P300 is only available in HSE trim
The 2.0L Hybrid Petrol (P400e) is available in all trims
The 3.0 Petrol (P400) was only available on the new HST but now also on the Dynamic and HSE models - not autobiography Censored knows why?
The 5.0L V8 P525 is AB only
And then the P575 as the SVR

Just spec'd up a new MY20 to the exact spec as my MY18 car and its gone up by £8000 - proper Censored take - on the AB you now need to pay for things like blind spot and lane assist and pixel LED upgraded headlights which were standard on my car. The cooling fridge is also now payable. PCP rates are now 5.9% (was 6.9%) however they have dropped the GVF considerably so my monthly payments have gone up on the same car by £350 a monthish !! Shocked

Not had a play with other specs yet but would be interesting to see you spec up your cars and see what thedifference in price (and monthlys if applicable) comes too.

Post #579210 Thu Apr 18 2019 3:00pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I've priced my 3.0 SD HSE and it comes out at about £5k more than list price for my present car although generous discounts were available when I bought it. I notice that the fixed glass roof is now an extra plus increases on every extra. The GFV is £1k more than my present car after 3 years and payments are just over £100 more. That reflects the extra £5k increase and slightly lower interest rate over 36 months.
It's certainly a big increase and although my car has been excellent over its first 2 years I don't think another RRS will be top of the list next year at renewal time. Logic will probably say buy the car at its GFV of £34k and run it for another 2 years. After purchase of warranty for that period, say £3k, its going to much less expensive than a change to a new car. Any views on that thought anyone.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #579216 Thu Apr 18 2019 5:12pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I’d agree with that Thumbs Up I shall be certainly be buying my Fatty at the end of 4 years / 140,000 ish miles. I know that any equal replacement would be mind boggling expensive, with very little chance of it being any better (or even just as good!).

I’m not sure that it’s just LR though. I’d suspect prices will be moving north for every manufacturer over the coming year, with cheaper prices only being achieved by moving to the volume manufacturers, with little off road capability, such as the likes of BMW or Audi. A Fatty owner, just dropping by Smile

Post #579223 Thu Apr 18 2019 6:56pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

Unless I missed it no noticeable change between my19 and my20 svr spec and pricing inc options

Post #579229 Thu Apr 18 2019 7:42pm
Cunny678

Lease prices seem to be considerably cheaper than PCP. I would have thought a PCP would have been good value as residuals on RRS are usually good. I’m going for a P400e so don’t want to own, as the drivetrain will be out dated in 12 months never mind 3 years 😂

Post #579234 Thu Apr 18 2019 8:16pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

RE66ELL wrote:
Unless I missed it no noticeable change between my19 and my20 svr spec and pricing inc options

Cooled front seats, heated rear seats, blind spot and lane assist now chargable and also same colour losses additions as the rest of the range. So will equate to a price increase for the SVR too!

Post #579247 Fri Apr 19 2019 10:05am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

2K price increase for the SVR. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #579250 Fri Apr 19 2019 10:17am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would love to have been a fly on the office wall at JLR’s Ivory Towers when they were discussing these changes at JLR, I bet it didn’t go something like this but I wouldn’t surprised at all if it did.........

MD - Gentlemen we have a problem - regular customers are abandoning the brands, new customers are being put off buying because of what they read on the internet and on social media. There are loads of unwanted built cars waiting for customers on dealership forecourts and the dealers are drowning under used cars with Diesel engines that migh snap the crankshaft. We HAVE to do something about about dropping sales, large numbers of rejected vehicles and lots of warranty repairs because our QC system is failing. I need some help to fix the issues......

Manager 1 Sir: Let’s change the specs of the cars, we could make what was standard equipment into optional and charge more
and reduce the colors available as standard.

Manager 2: Oh I have another suggestion let’s hike the prices overall, for options, paints, accessories and the completed cars - that way people might think that with a reduced customer base our cars will become more exclusive as fewer people will be able to afford them

Manager 3: Here’s another idea - so that those who cannot now afford our cars lets change the finance rates down a little, how about 5.9% instead of 6.9%, that should bring in 100’s of new sales because finance is cheaper than it was so the idiots think they are getting a bargain on a PCP............ and we still laugh all the way to the bank and sales will be maintained.

MD - Guys great ideas - get to it, we will be back in profit by Q3 this year instead of posting another huge loss..........

Sorry JLR we, the long suffering customers, can see straight through your plans - why don’t you listen to us - your cars are about- 25k overpriced already, other financial outlets are charging way lower interest rates on HP and PCP and it appears that the people that you made redundant earlier this year was the entire QC team as the general finish of the cars is poor and getting worse and you need to be developing more efficient power plants and BEV’s rather than PHEVs and have them available at the change of model year or facelift not in three years time and after further price hikes. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #579252 Fri Apr 19 2019 11:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Had a play. SDV8 (so AB only) with a couple of proper options (tow bar, full size spare, etc), no Chelsea Tractor options. £98,000.

98 grand! FFS, that's ridiculous.

LR deserve to go under taking the Censored like that. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #579261 Fri Apr 19 2019 1:47pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I would love to have been a fly on the office wall at JLR’s Ivory Towers when they were discussing these changes at JLR, I bet it didn’t go something like this but I wouldn’t surprised at all if it did.........

MD - Gentlemen we have a problem - regular customers are abandoning the brands, new customers are being put off buying because of what they read on the internet and on social media. There are loads of unwanted built cars waiting for customers on dealership forecourts and the dealers are drowning under used cars with Diesel engines that migh snap the crankshaft. We HAVE to do something about about dropping sales, large numbers of rejected vehicles and lots of warranty repairs because our QC system is failing. I need some help to fix the issues......

Manager 1 Sir: Let’s change the specs of the cars, we could make what was standard equipment into optional and charge more
and reduce the colors available as standard.

Manager 2: Oh I have another suggestion let’s hike the prices overall, for options, paints, accessories and the completed cars - that way people might think that with a reduced customer base our cars will become more exclusive as fewer people will be able to afford them

Manager 3: Here’s another idea - so that those who cannot now afford our cars lets change the finance rates down a little, how about 5.9% instead of 6.9%, that should bring in 100’s of new sales because finance is cheaper than it was so the idiots think they are getting a bargain on a PCP............ and we still laugh all the way to the bank and sales will be maintained.

MD - Guys great ideas - get to it, we will be back in profit by Q3 this year instead of posting another huge loss..........

Sorry JLR we, the long suffering customers, can see straight through your plans - why don’t you listen to us - your cars are about- 25k overpriced already, other financial outlets are charging way lower interest rates on HP and PCP and it appears that the people that you made redundant earlier this year was the entire QC team as the general finish of the cars is poor and getting worse and you need to be developing more efficient power plants and BEV’s rather than PHEVs and have them available at the change of model year or facelift not in three years time and after further price hikes.

Please Tim stop keep banging on about the crankshaft issue. it involved a short run of cars and is covered by warranty given that the car was supplied and serviced by LR. I have the latter confirmed by my LR dealer.
The cars are over expensive but £25k is ridiculous, you really believe a 3.0 SD HSE should be priced at £42k?
Given that you keep saying that your RRS was the best car you ever owned why didn't you purchase a LR extended warranty and keep it? Don't use the crankshaft issue again as that is spurious.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #579286 Fri Apr 19 2019 9:45pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you think a LR extended warranty guarantees cover against all problems you are sadly misguided!!
Mac

Post #579287 Fri Apr 19 2019 9:52pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I beg to disagree provided the car has been purchased and serviced by an official LR/RR dealer. I've owned 11 LR products since 1989, starting with the first Discovery, changing my car at a maximum of 3 years. and have had issues. At no time has LR reneged on it's warranty.
Tim Tim

Post #579289 Fri Apr 19 2019 10:01pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You are extremely lucky then! Wait till you have an exhaust crossover problem. They will argue it is part of the exhaust system which it is not. They will then say it is wear and tear!!

Post #579292 Fri Apr 19 2019 10:46pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I don't think lucky, I always treat the person I'm speaking to politely and non-aggressively. My view is that many people are rude and treat the person they are dealing with as a sub-species. As my mother said 'do unto others as you would want to be done to you'.
You've lost me an an exhaust crossover and I thought I knew a little about cars, will you explain please,
thanks
Tim Tim

Post #579293 Fri Apr 19 2019 10:54pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I thought it was 'do unto others as they would do unto you only make sure you do it first'. Laughing

Cheers
Col

Post #579297 Fri Apr 19 2019 11:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>