RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Upper screen not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

lee551247

United Kingdom 
Upper screen not working

To add to the my list of problems last night on a 30 minute drive home the upper screen was completely unresponsive, no radio, no sat nav, no reverse camera etc! Once home i turned the car off to let the system shut down then restarted the car but the screen was just black.

Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me!

Below is a list of the faults in summarization:-

1) Gap between bootlid and bumper bigger on the right as opposed to left (Fixed)

2) Mark on the rear bootlid and line sprayed in the paint finish from factory (Still present)

3) Mark on driver's door down to bare metal (Still present)

4) Drivers seat moved to highest setting and continued to move all the way forward (No fault found but has not happened since)

5) On 3rd day of ownership would not start, video proving this (No fault found)

6) Front lower diffuser incorrectly fitted (Fixed)

7) Rear boot glass leaks water to the inside of the glass (Still present)

Cool Faint scratch to passengers rear door (Still present)

9) Upper Screen not working for long periods of time resulting in no sat nav, no radio, no reverse camera etc, (Still present)

Had enough now and have written a letter of rejection to the dealership and Land Rover Evil or Very Mad 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #579051 Tue Apr 16 2019 10:14am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hi Lee, Just unbelievable, i agree it needs to be rejected.

No6 is dealers fault, They fit this when the car is PDIed.

Big Cry SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #579067 Tue Apr 16 2019 2:23pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately these are all unwanted foc optional extras that come with the muted my19 svr these days
Which it seems dealers don’t have a fix for, especially the electrics.
Be Interesting to know how many of the svrs up for sale now and recently are rejects
But having said this my svr hasn't put a foot wrong and a real joy to drive

Last edited by RE66ELL on Tue Apr 16 2019 2:37pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #579068 Tue Apr 16 2019 2:23pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Such a pity Lee, but I think you are doing the correct thing. The repaint would have been the clincher for me rejecting it. What are you going for now?. If another RR, I would be going to another dealer. Ask on here for recommendations local to you

Post #579069 Tue Apr 16 2019 2:32pm
wilf

Such a shame.

JLR cannot be a viable long term proposition if they think £100k + vehicles can be built as shoddily as this.

And that will be a great shame. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #579072 Tue Apr 16 2019 3:31pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

I know its terrible, Yours has been faultless still hasn't it Paul? Yeah the paint was the biggest reason for rejection but saying that this SVR comes with its own shower!!

Bearing in mind i washed the car on Saturday morning and we have had no rain since everytime i open the bootlid i get wet!! I'm guessing this is a result from where the glass is leaking!

I'm going to enquire about picking the next one up from the factory as i know they can do that on certain occasions as a chap on here done it and asked them not to register it until he inspected the paintwork and was happy with it.

Really wish there was something else, thinking of Lamborghini Urus but dont think i would like the lower driving position, Bentley Bentayga is supposed to be a really good car but has a lower driving position again and is ugly in my eyes! Really dont know what else there is! 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!

Post #579073 Tue Apr 16 2019 3:56pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hi Lee. yes i was out in mine today everything works perfectly thank god.

I wash mine often as well and it does not drip water like that, seems there is water inside the tailgate?

I like the Bentaga, the details, but i agree you sit much lower.

Nod collected his second one from the factory and took a detailer to inspect it with him. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #579074 Tue Apr 16 2019 4:05pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Yeah it shouldn't drip like that, water obviously is getting in somewhere as it runs down the inside of the glass when i wash it!

Yeah i like the driving position of the Range Rover, lets hope the article on April the 1st about Volkswagen buying Land Rover was true as at least everything will work!

Yeah that was it, it was Nod, i think that is my only option now, hopefully 3rd time lucky and all that! 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #579076 Tue Apr 16 2019 4:18pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC it is quite an expensive exercise to do a factory collection - as it would be a 2nd rejected car you might be able to get the dealer to pay for it as a sweetener..........
It is really sad that you should have to suffer a 2nd rejection of such an expensive car and I think I would not be raising it with the general management at the dealership or JLR but penning a letter of disappointment to the chairman expressing my frustration at having to twice reject cars costing in excess of £100,000 due to shoddy QC of things that should have been picked up at the factory. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #579077 Tue Apr 16 2019 4:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Lee have you checked these out ? Great drive and a Ferrari engine, i know not quite in the SVR class but great value i think .

Very nice!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...dal=photos SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #579078 Tue Apr 16 2019 4:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The Stelvio isn’t much higher than my Countryman! The only other cars that will be as high or higher than the SVR will be a FFRR or a Rolls Royce Black Cab (sorry, Cullinan) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #579079 Tue Apr 16 2019 4:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear another problem Lee.

My Lower screen has gone blank and handful of times so nothing on the lower panel works and the only way to get it back is shut the whole car down and lock it and leave it a while to goto sleep and then it all works again.

I’m sure this has been a known issue though from the day it launched the lower screen on the velar so just accepting it for now.

Post #579080 Tue Apr 16 2019 4:36pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

At the moment the dealership are trying to suggest I keep the car and they pay some money back to live with the faults!! I told them we would never come to an agreement as it would be cheaper for them to replace the car!! They are saying they won’t get support from landrover for a second rejection as what happens if they supply a third car and that’s faulty!!! Guess what Land Rover, simple solution is don’t supply faulty cars!!! I can see me having to get my money back and go to another dealership at this rate! Fuming doesn’t even come close!! 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #579082 Tue Apr 16 2019 5:16pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Do they still have your first rejection in stock ?

Could be why they are pushing to not take another car into stock ? I think
Software issues are a landrover thing not specifically your car only.

Post #579084 Tue Apr 16 2019 5:33pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Yeah they still have my previous one! Small software issues I could live with but paint issues and the sat nav not working for whole journeys then that’s a no 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #579087 Tue Apr 16 2019 5:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>