RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sat Nav Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Lindab

United Kingdom 
Sat Nav Update

I was thinking of getting a Sat Nav 2019 update as I was recently driving in the water of the Firth of Forth Rolling with laughter according to the nav instead of going over the new Forth bridge. It seems to be quite expensive, around £170 & comes on a usb stick.
Question is, can it be used on more than one car or not as I also have an F type Jag (same nav system) & if it can be used on both cars its not too unreasonable. Otherwise I shall not bother, just take my snorkel
Not interested in sticking my phone on the screen

Post #577984 Wed Mar 27 2019 7:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I thought you had to activate it with a Code that is tied to your cars VIN and it is tied to one car, but I may be mistaken, there are posts about how to carry it out somewhere in the L494 section.
I recently went across (according to my car’s sat nav that updates over the air....) the Queensferry Crossing last Friday on my way from Dunfermline to Leith, no swimming here! Glad I wasn’t going north as the queuing traffic was something we don’t often see up here, and the satnav showed it as stationary correctly too, it even warned me of the closed lane passing the RHS Ground at Ingleston.
Found this in a search
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic43139.html?highlight=update 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #577996 Wed Mar 27 2019 10:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I got the 2018/19 map update due to road changes but although the roads were now a year or so old the map still hadn't been updated. From reading online it appears that depending on manufacturer, the 'latest' maps can still be a few year out of date (assume it must be to do with how much they pay etc.). I'll only be home in a few weeks or I'd have checked if the bridge was in the latest update for you. I asked when the next update came out and was told usually May, even though the official LR site normally changes around September/October, so it may be worth holding off a couple of month yet being so close.

And you can get a VIN linked update for much less than the £170 which worked perfectly, even saving a few quid by using your own 32Gb USB stick. It is 1 code per vehicle - I asked as I'd have updated the Wife's Evoque aswell.

Edit - just checked, it was £89 last September for the map update using own USB stick. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #578000 Wed Mar 27 2019 11:28pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Same as Insiorc, used my own usb stick and got the update for my 2012 for 90 quid. M74 update and Queensferry crossing and new roads plus lots of other things all on it.

Post #578008 Thu Mar 28 2019 9:49am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Where did you get it for £89 ?. How big a memory does the stick require

Post #578042 Thu Mar 28 2019 2:25pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/land-rover-24-c.asp

You'll get an email with link to download files, 4 from memory which you then need to extract (I used Peazip, it worked fine). Then just drag the unzipped files to the USB stick which I think needs 32Gb, although it was a 64Gb stick I used. If impatient like me then the system won't work on startup if you've not left it shutdown the required time (it came good once I left if off longer), so just follow the instructions and it's all good. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #578059 Thu Mar 28 2019 8:15pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that Thumbs Up

Post #578060 Thu Mar 28 2019 8:28pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Same as insiorc. You also need to be patient as it sometimes looks like it is taking ages but doing nothing. It took 3 or 4 hours to load up to the RRS so I did it on one of my regular West Mids to Edinburgh journeys.

Post #578061 Thu Mar 28 2019 8:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1