RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Alert when car moved with keys?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

HaggisMan

United Kingdom 
Alert when car moved with keys?

I’m going to be leaving my car in a long stay carpark when on holiday and may have to leave my keys with the company. Do you know if InControl Remote can be set to send me an alert if my car is moved during a set time period when I’m away? I can’t see anything in the manual but maybe someone knows how? As they’ll have the keys they won’t trigger a tracker notification so that won’t help.

Post #577809 Mon Mar 25 2019 3:57pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Your in control logs all journeys with dates, times & distances, so if you check it when away it will show up if the car has been moved. Hope your not using meet & greet cos that's when they leave it in a suburban street or a muddy field after using it for a house removal Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #577813 Mon Mar 25 2019 4:27pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Thanks. That was going to be my fall back option but just wondered whether the car could tell me rather than me ask the car! I suspect the answer’s no and it’s too tricky for LR to do, given the difficulty they seem to have doing some of the most basic stuff.

Post #577817 Mon Mar 25 2019 5:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not too difficult for LR as they are nothing to do with it! If you contact the controlling centre and tell them they will put a special watch on your car so they get an alert as soon as it moves within the car park. I used to tell them whenever I went to sea and most often they had to contact me to ask to move the car so that they could update software or because the car’s battery had gone flat and was alerting them that there was an issue with the alert system! The latter was solved after LRA came out to restart the car one January and the tec showed me where to wire up my little solar trickle charger to, after that no more flat battery alerts! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #577818 Mon Mar 25 2019 5:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Very few long stay car parks ask for the keys now. I would not use one who does. You usually just check in & park your car or park up & check in. Maybe leaving it at a hotel is different where you leave your keys. Few years ago my pal left his at a hotel & when he returned there was an empty space. Never saw the car again.
Once I left a car and gave them the keys & when I got back they had left the keys in the car & it locked itself. Had to drive me from Glasgow to Dundee to get the spare keys then back to Glasgow, then I had to drive back to Dundee. Not amused Evil or Very Mad

Post #577820 Mon Mar 25 2019 5:27pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim's suggestion is probably best, there is a minimum distance you have to drive before the app considers it a journey.

If you think about it you do not get a record of every time you move it around drive your let's say. No idea how far you have to go before it it counts as a journey. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #577826 Mon Mar 25 2019 5:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If it is Glasgow Airport the long stay parking can be a bargain if you book on line, you park in th normal multistory just in front of the terminal ( where the quick drop off and pick up is not the open air one) and if you pay a bit more you can get VIP quick transit through the security. I now use that instead of the off site car parking when I go to London for a week or longer and you don’t leave your keys with anyone. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #577828 Mon Mar 25 2019 5:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I never leave my keys at airports. If your car is OK when you get back, they have your address from the booking and have an opportunity to clone your key.

Three weeks later their mates pop round and away goes your pride & joy!

I book my airport parking through the airline, get the loyalty bonus and use the trickle charger trick to keep the battery up. Use the “wake up” mode in Incontrol to have it ready to go when I get back.

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #577849 Mon Mar 25 2019 8:29pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Thanks all. It’ll be a car park at Manchester airport (anyone know a good one?) so quite a way from home in Scotland. There seem to be a few where you keep the key but most seem to say you leave it with them, although whether you do or not remains to be seen. Must say I’d prefer to keep the keys with me, then at least I know my car isn’t at risk of being joyridden - just scratched or bumped into...

Post #577858 Mon Mar 25 2019 10:17pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Just use the Manchester airport official car parking website. You can park a few minutes walk from the terminal and no mention of keeping your keys. I've never been asked for my keys in official parking at any UK airport except when using meet and greet.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #577862 Mon Mar 25 2019 11:09pm
TheGoodWillOut

United Kingdom 

Recommend APH for Manchester, used them many times including the meet and greet service. Very reputable company and if you go via a cashback site you can get money off

Post #577874 Tue Mar 26 2019 11:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1