RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY16 RRS Diesel.... have to say, an awesome car...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 
MY16 RRS Diesel.... have to say, an awesome car...

... so had to share a positive note for a change... even from me.

Fuel dilution issues aside (service indicator not dropping like a lead balloon anymore), each time I drive the car, realise how refined and what a great machine it is... tootling around town to motoway drives... car never ceases to amaze me...

Just need to sound proof the door cards to get rid of rattles at mid speaker volume (have the lower end meridian) and I’ll be content...

Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #576726 Sat Mar 09 2019 9:25am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

For the next level up in refinement you need to try a Full Fat Autobiography, they are on another level compared to the Sport which I find noisy in comparison. Great car though as I've just bought a MY17 version poverty spec.

Post #576729 Sat Mar 09 2019 11:09am
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Hi. Loved the FF when I did the off road day. Was definitely better. Congrats on your new purchase MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #576730 Sat Mar 09 2019 11:14am
J2D

United Kingdom 
Re: MY16 RRS Diesel.... have to say, an awesome car...

gtr_skyline wrote:

Fuel dilution issues aside (service indicator not dropping like a lead balloon anymore), each time I drive the car, realise how refined and what a great machine it is... tootling around town to motoway drives... car never ceases to amaze me...

Just need to sound proof the door cards to get rid of rattles at mid speaker volume (have the lower end meridian) and I’ll be content...

Prashan

Couldn’t agree more! Amazing vehicle 2016 Fuji White Autobiography SDV6 - Fully loaded with almost every extra! 😁

Post #576744 Sat Mar 09 2019 4:58pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

FFRR is certainly more refined but RRS handles amazingly well (especially in dynamic mode) for its weight and size. Much better than FFRR in that department which is too “floaty”. All depends on what’s more important to you. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #576758 Sat Mar 09 2019 9:14pm
hoppy_70

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

gtr_skyline wrote:

Prashan

The last software update seemed to sort my plunging service mileage out as well. They checked it twice for dilution and confirmed it was fine. Plus 1 here, have to say it drives like a dream. Silky smooth and huge amounts of power for a big car! Range Rover Sport HSE DYnamic SDV6 Velocity blue 2020 MY
Range Rover sport HSE Dynamic P400e Silver
Range Rover Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic 2016 MY
Range Rover sport 3.6tdv8HSE 2007 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2005 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2007 honey
Range rover Vogue 2005 4.4 - GONE and missed
BMW 535d M sport 2006 - GONE not as missed
BMW X5 4.4 2004 sport - GONE

Post #576759 Sat Mar 09 2019 9:26pm
IRBails

Australia 

Dealers can't check oil dilution, they just read the software which doesn't test the oil. OIL test requires sending a sample for analysis and waiting to get the results. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #576764 Sat Mar 09 2019 10:04pm
harisson

Switzerland 

Yes, indeed it's a amazing car Smile

@gtr_skyline: which motor do you have? The 3l or the 4.4l?

I have also noticed the vibration in the doors (right front door) with my Meridian and also want to put some alubutyl in the panels.
Has someone done it already? Smile Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #576775 Sun Mar 10 2019 9:38am
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Hi. Have the 3.0... taking it to Audio file in bishops stortford. £350 to dynomat both front doors. MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #576787 Sun Mar 10 2019 10:56am
harisson

Switzerland 

Ok.. I have the 3l also (SDV6)

As I am writing from Switzerland, I will check how much it costs here. I suppose it will have a "Swiss" price... Very Happy Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #576794 Sun Mar 10 2019 11:50am
Spleen

United Kingdom 

gtr_skyline wrote:

Prashan

Lucky you. I've only had mine four months and it's already shaping up to be a monumental pain in the arse.

Post #576861 Mon Mar 11 2019 4:33pm
rangersport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Are they really that much of a pain in this model?

I am looking to get a MY16 also in the 3.0l diesel.

Last tried a RRS in 2012 and traded it back in after 2 months due to issues it had! I was hoping to give it another go now!

Post #576907 Tue Mar 12 2019 5:01pm
harisson

Switzerland 

I was also surprised a few weeks after I ordered one..
Oil dilution, crank issue etc..

Then I googled a bit and the oil dilution issue is one, which a lot of car manufacturers have. I try to avoid it with some points (oil change every 20000km, avoid short journey less then 10,15km, fueling it with premium diesel (without FAME))

And the famous crank issue...
Yeah.. you can have it or not... I had a BMW before (also 3l Diesel) and some engines had troubles with swirl flaps which could broken and fell into), other had troubles with broken chains...

Regarding forums, there are some L494 and L405 with crankshaft issues, but I don't think about it and enjoy this really nice car... Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #576910 Tue Mar 12 2019 5:30pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I think the problem with Land Rover is that they have traditionally been "a bit rubbish" on things like build quality and electrics and the like. However, people put up with that because of what they were used for and the people who used them. They were bought with an expectation that they would go where the owner wanted in all conditions - even the Range Rover was a "working vehicle" let's not forget.

Today, LR's products are bought by people who, quite rightly, expect the vehicle to match the price and the opposition's products. They don't expect a £60-100k vehicle to be less than 99% right (all brands suffer some issues, so 100% is not possible). That some are finding them to be only 90% right is putting people off. The fact that the vehicle is the most capable in its respective group is irrelevant because they are bought to commute, to shop, to take the kids to school, not to tow trailers around fields.

LR's decision to become a "purveyor of luxury 4x4s" has set them up to fail because they haven't matched the reality of their product to the expectation of their customers. They're charging £100k for £30k vehicles, in effect.

And they wonder why people are choosing to buy elsewhere...

I put up with mine being "a bit rubbish" at times because I ask it to do things most don't - tow horse trailers, get muddy etc. as well as be a daily drive/mobile office. One thing I do to try to keep mine "a bit less rubbish" is avoid LR's dealerships. Mine gets looked after by an indie, as did the previous one. They seem to be "a bit less rubbish" when you keep LR's dealerships away from them, strangely. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #576912 Tue Mar 12 2019 5:42pm
Cornishman

United Kingdom 

Interested in Harrison’s statement to the use of premium diesel to avoid the FAME additive, I understood all diesels contain “ up to 7% biofuel “, Greenaway supplied the refinery with recycled fats, and all tankers loaded there. Would love to know which diesel comes without bio so I could avoid paying the extra for premium fuel.

Post #576915 Tue Mar 12 2019 9:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>