RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > So who’s still here?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Beancounter_74

England 
So who’s still here?

Been a while since I’ve been on here!

I know Ady is alive and well, is Muddy still rocking the milk float? BKHK are you back in a RR?

My 335dx is up for a change and I’ve got a new M140i coming in a couple of weeks. Annoyingly the 335dx has been at the dealers since 8 Jan with a failed EGR and cooler and is awaiting parts which have fallen foul of BMWs massive recall, fortunately covered under the warranty even though it expired a year ago.

Might be back in the fold (We’ll LR Disco) later in the year when we change the GL - it’s been a good car but the dealer/manufacturer care makes LR dealers look ‘ok’ in comparison. I quite like the new Dicos 5, but also tempted by an X3, we’ll see.

Anyway, thought I’d say hi Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #576085 Thu Feb 28 2019 8:47pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic53363.html

Muddy still checks in from time to time Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #576088 Thu Feb 28 2019 10:02pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

A few of mates have 140is, my good mate has had only one issue in 18 months, the boot rattles because the dampeners have failed....3 times!

The other mate had to reject his first M140 because it leaked fuel like a sieve, and then he had lots of electrical issues. Turned out it was an ex show car that been used at lots of car shows and events and had been hooked upto a battery charger with the lights on all day every day.? His replacement 140i hasnt had one issue.

I’m massively impressed with the 140i and I would have one with no quibbles!! 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #576092 Fri Mar 01 2019 7:33am
SRE

Spain 

I'm still around BC, although I downsized to a 4 pot diesel Jag, Embarassed BUT, it was built on the Lode Lane assemble line. So still have one leg in the camp.
Syd In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #576096 Fri Mar 01 2019 9:10am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Muddy posted something on here the other day after I sent him a text asking him if he was ok,,,,& yes he is still in the milk float Rolling with laughter Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #576098 Fri Mar 01 2019 9:24am
Beancounter_74

England 

Brit Plumber wrote:
A few of mates have 140is, my good mate has had only one issue in 18 months, the boot rattles because the dampeners have failed....3 times!

The other mate had to reject his first M140 because it leaked fuel like a sieve, and then he had lots of electrical issues. Turned out it was an ex show car that been used at lots of car shows and events and had been hooked upto a battery charger with the lights on all day every day.? His replacement 140i hasnt had one issue.

I’m massively impressed with the 140i and I would have one with no quibbles!!

Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Will be a different drive to my 335dx and I'll have to be more sympathetic given the 340bhp goes through the rear. Shocked

Apart from the EGR recall and the time taken to fix due to supply issues, the 335 has been faultless and I've got a good relationship with the dealer so hopefully any issues can be sorted quickly Smile

SRE wrote:
I'm still around BC, although I downsized to a 4 pot diesel Jag, Embarassed BUT, it was built on the Lode Lane assemble line. So still have one leg in the camp.
Syd

Ah, Mr SRE, hope you're well Sir, I always had you down as a Jaaagggggg sort of man Cool
Are you still sunning yourself in Spain, or packing your bags for a post brexit return. Let me know when and I will go to the docks to throw rotten fruit at your ship Rolling with laughter

Thanks Tyrefitter, I'll await for Muddy to surface.......though he'll probably see this and avoid me Shocked Rolling with laughter ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #576119 Fri Mar 01 2019 1:58pm
SRE

Spain 

Missed you BC, or rather the Pink lycra Thumbs Up Should add your wingman ADY has gone missing as well, rumour has it he is on the Ford Ka forums. Whistle

Anymore bike rides planned BC?

Syd In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #576176 Sat Mar 02 2019 9:40am
BKHK

Australia 

Hi BC

Been back in an RRS V8SC but it’s gone because I really didn’t get on with it at all. Sad, fabulous engine, rest was junk. I am back in a new M3 which I am really enjoying. I said never another JLR project but I am always looking for another daily driver runaround car for Winter so never say never I guess.

Hope you are doing OK BC.

Post #576244 Sat Mar 02 2019 11:35pm
Beancounter_74

England 

SRE wrote:
Missed you BC, or rather the Pink lycra Thumbs Up Should add your wingman ADY has gone missing as well, rumour has it he is on the Ford Ka forums. Whistle

Anymore bike rides planned BC?

Syd

Sadly, I still have the bikes but haven’t ridden them for a few years, which means the lb’s have gone on and I don’t think I’d even dare attempt to get into the Lycra now Embarassed

Probably a good thing for everyone else though Rolling with laughter ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Last edited by Beancounter_74 on Sun Mar 03 2019 12:00am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #576245 Sat Mar 02 2019 11:53pm
Beancounter_74

England 

BKHK wrote:
Hi BC

Been back in an RRS V8SC but it’s gone because I really didn’t get on with it at all. Sad, fabulous engine, rest was junk. I am back in a new M3 which I am really enjoying. I said never another JLR project but I am always looking for another daily driver runaround car for Winter so never say never I guess.

Hope you are doing OK BC.

BKHK - all good, life’s been very good. I do miss the RRS and did consider an M3 but it’s literally to/from the station for me (20 miles each way) so it seemed overkill. The M ‘lite’ should fit the bill though.
Hope you’re well too Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #576246 Sat Mar 02 2019 11:59pm
BKHK

Australia 

Thanks for the wishes BC, likewise, I am glad life is treating you all well. Yes, life is good, I have become a self employed consultant, it’s been a lovely summer and working my own schedule, I have been able to swim at the beach most days. My company is doing well considering it’s only been going 6 months, well enough to run the M3! The 6 in the M 140 is lovely, the car will make you smile every time you drive it.

Post #576276 Sun Mar 03 2019 3:00pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Shocked
Good to see you back on here Bc. Thumbs Up It would also be good to see the Siberian Fox back on here too now and again. Wink
Pleased to hear you are still doing well. Thumbs Up
I'm guessing Ernie (Muddy) will be busy searching through the various classifieds looking for his next motor. It must that time now where he car part with his float without having to pay back the government incentive that they paid him to buy it in the first place. Laughing 2 years of torture before you could get rid of it wasn't it Muddy?

Post #576305 Sun Mar 03 2019 8:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Don't spend much time on here so found this by chance - Andy usually alerts me now if people are taking my name in vain Thumbs Up

MB must be bad if they make LR look good Rolling with laughter

I'm still content with the Milk Float so no plans to change especially with a Mitsubishi Warranty until Sep 2021 and free RFL Mr. Green

Think it's about time we had the meet you were organising BC - I seem to recall it was your treat but happy to pay my share Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #576347 Mon Mar 04 2019 1:04pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Yes im game for a meet up Paul,,but we are going in my SC not your milkfloat,,don't want to be pulling into every service station to re-charge Laughing Laughing Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #576353 Mon Mar 04 2019 1:26pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Shocked
So you are still alive Muddy. Thumbs Up
That is good to hear. Bc is far to busy trying to learn how to ride an horse and pull the trigger of a shotgun. None of his neighbours have windows anymore. Rolling with laughter
Please to hear you have stuck with the float and hanging in on there with it. Bow down
Any dealer visits to report?

Post #576354 Mon Mar 04 2019 1:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>