RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Paintwork - Ceramic Coating
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

TheGoodWillOut

United Kingdom 
Paintwork - Ceramic Coating

Hi all, anyone had a ceramic coating on their RRS ? debating on giving the paintwork a bit of tender loving care and been recommended the Ceramic pro products, these have to be applied by an authorised party but the results look fantastic but certainly not cheap.

Post #575489 Mon Feb 18 2019 1:53pm
wilf

Results totally depend upon who applies them.

Anyone saying they can do it an single day is worth avoiding, good detailers will take 2 or 3 days over it. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #575490 Mon Feb 18 2019 1:55pm
TheGoodWillOut

United Kingdom 

thanks, yeah been quoted 4 days which also includes repairing of some minor scratches.

Post #575491 Mon Feb 18 2019 2:01pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Mine took four days from new. It is now 3.5 years old and still beads and most dirt rinses off with snow foam. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Well worth it.

(My profile picture is inside the detailers) MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #575497 Mon Feb 18 2019 3:56pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
Re: Paintwork - Ceramic Coating

TheGoodWillOut wrote:
Hi all, anyone had a ceramic coating on their RRS ? debating on giving the paintwork a bit of tender loving care and been recommended the Ceramic pro products, these have to be applied by an authorised party but the results look fantastic but certainly not cheap.

Visit this site & see if their is anyone in your area recommended
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #575498 Mon Feb 18 2019 4:05pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Many different levels of ceramic coating out there. Some crappy stuff that is applied in a dealers shed compared to something like Gtechniq Crystal Serum applied in controlled conditions over 3-4 days. What are you thinking of having done?

Gtechniq IMHO are the market leaders - have it on all my cars and it's brilliant.

Post #575500 Mon Feb 18 2019 4:32pm
TheGoodWillOut

United Kingdom 

Ceramic Pro - Gold is the one I'm looking at.

Post #575501 Mon Feb 18 2019 4:42pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Never heard of it before.

Many variable factors here.

1) Is the car being treated brand new or an old car? Before Ceramic treatments are applied the car needs to be paint corrected and this is where the initial time is taken as the ceramic coat can't go on to paint with imperfections.

2) If it's a car that has been washed by the local Eastern European £10 car washes then expect a lot of paint correction to be needed as it would be full of swirl marks that will need correction.

3) If it's a new car being delivered I would tell the dealer NOT to remove any packaging from the car and NOT to wash it no matter what - this could save you some money as the car will only need minor paint correction compared to (2) above. Get the car sent to your detailer for best results before pick up.

4) Cost - what are you being quoted for this treatment? If it's close to Gtechniq I would go with the latter as its a well known product and is only applied by accredited detailers.

Post #575502 Mon Feb 18 2019 4:48pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Now this chap I can highly recommend,,ive not had any work done by him but I have seen his work,,he also has a facebook page & he is always doing top end cars,,infact he as a svr in now he is doing.It might be a bit far to travel but believe me it will be worth it.
http://www.deep-shine.co.uk/ Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #575503 Mon Feb 18 2019 4:51pm
TheGoodWillOut

United Kingdom 

thanks for the reply

Car is 12 months old so needs some minor correction, decontamination wash and 2 stage polish prior to any treatment, never been washed by me in a supermarket, previous owner may have but paintwork is in good condition so doubtful.

Ceramic pro gold is approximately £1000 plus the above. Shocked

I'll take a look at the Gtechniq products, problem could be location of authorised applicators nearby .

Post #575504 Mon Feb 18 2019 4:55pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Blimey at that price Gtechniq all day long IMHO Thumbs Up

Post #575505 Mon Feb 18 2019 5:01pm
Damo1606

United Kingdom 

I had my previous car (Evoque) machine polished, glass polished, all paintwork ceramic coated with Kamikaze Enrei. I had all glass treated with Gtechniq clear vision and alloy wheels coated with Kamikaze Stance. Kamikaze is actually a better product than Gtechniq bit there are not many detailers authorised to apply it.
Gtechniq is a fantastic brand and would deffo go with there products if you can't get Kamikaze.
I am getting my sport treated in the next 2 months, can't wait!
Means: permanent gloss, easier cleaning of paintwork and alloys, glass treated to repel water much better which means less use of the wipers whilst driving and finally the car will look stunning all of the time, even if it does have dirt on it!

Post #575515 Mon Feb 18 2019 7:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Although I've not met anyone else that has had the same treatment, my 2005 RRS SC had this applied in 2005 and 13 years later the paintwork still looks immaculate. So much so that when I bought it, my friend who is a car expert was convinced it had been resprayed. Even my local main dealer commented on how good the condition was.

Check them out by searching for "A" Glaze Plus paint sealant applied by Auto Chemical Holdings. 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #575529 Mon Feb 18 2019 9:47pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

£1000+ correction. They are having a Rolling with laughter Gtechniq every time. All my cars have it including glass, interior & wheels off & its not near £1000+ Very Happy
I'm with RRsman on this, virtually word for word
Go on Gtechniq site & they list accredited detailers all over the country

Post #575536 Mon Feb 18 2019 11:45pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My last RRS was given the dealer’s applied Autglymm Lifeshine treatment and I would never waste my money again on the brand, it was disappointing for what is supposed to be such a high quality product. The cars before the RRS were given Gardex treatment but it was applied at Gardex HQ not the dealership. When my last RRS was 2 years old I took it to the local detailers and asked what was best and they applied GTechniq Crystal Serum it cost me £600 with some paint rectification done. When the Countryman was delivered to the dealership my instruction was for them to take it directly around the corner to the detainers who did the RRS before they even removed the transportation wrappers off the car. The detainers did the whole thing from removal of transportation protection right through fir £750 and did such a good job that the Mini center stopped applying their paint treatment and offer a GTechnic package applied at the detailer. When the Countryman was done there were no paint defects found (the RRS had 11 paint defects rectified but since delivery it had been offroaded, however one was so bad with what looked like an eyelash in the clear coat, they couldn’t rectify it). 7 months into ownership I return once a month to the detailed to use their car wash service - £20 for an hour of hand washing hand drying and a free screen washer refill with their seasonally adjusted mixture of screen wash - I was roundly told off for using neat Halfords Winter strength (down -30c grade) screen wash as it was too harsh for the paint allegedly............ and also damaged whatever GTechnic potion they had applied to the front screen when the car was prepared for delivery. While the car was initially in with them they also plugged it into their Electric vehicle charger and recharged the battery while they had it for 4 days, which meant the dealership could deliver the car two hours after it was returned from the detailers, ready to go out without having to spend time on their charger. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #575540 Tue Feb 19 2019 1:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>