Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Buying Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jerseybloke

Jersey 
Buying Advice

Hi all,
I posted a few years ago as i was looking for a first generation Sport. After a few months of looking nothing suitable really turned up over here in Jersey so i kept my 911 for a few more years then got rid of it for a Jeep Wrangler.
I've started my search again for a Sport as it's an itch i think i need to scratch.
This time i'm looking at the L494.
Living on a small island i generally do lots of small 4-5 mile journeys. I have pretty much ruled out a Diesel due to the DPF issues related to short journeys. We go away to Southern France/Alps twice a year but i don't think those journeys are gonna be enough to avoid issues with the DPF.
Am i right to completely discount the diesel given my 'driving habits', as Land Rover would put it?

That pretty much leaves me with the 5.0 V8 as the only sensible option................not a sentence i ever thought i'd type!
Obviously the fuel costs are going to be a lot higher as i think i'm going to end up at about 14-15mpg for my short journeys but i feel i can justify that extra cost as a trade off for piece of mind with not having the diesel and related issues.

What sort of issues can the Petrol suffer from? I don't want to avoid the DPF issue by getting a petrol but then find there are equally expensive/frustrating issues associated with the petrol.

A Land Rover Approved car would be a preference for the 2 year warranty but my budget is £50k max which leaves me with a very limited selection of 2014/15 cars.

If i find a non land rover dealer/private car which still has some extended warranty remaining is it possible to extend the extended warranty?!
I would only contemplate a car with full LRSH.

A private one has caught my eye on Pistonheads.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/us...14/9387426

What does the 'LW' stand for in the title?

and then there is this one which has the advantage of being local to me
http://carteblanche.je/performance-luxury-...2-2-2-2-2/

Other cars creeping into my thought process are Audi B8 RS4, Cayenne GTS, Merc GLC43 AMG, Merc GLE63 AMG

Any advice and thoughts would be hugely appreciated

Post #574660 Wed Feb 06 2019 11:23am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Hi,,if your after a petrol mine is going up for sale in the next few days,,my14 SCmileage 36998 but will rise as im still using it FLRSH with next service paid for & approved warranty till sept this year which can be extended.Santorino black coris contrast roof,pics in my gallery,all good & even wear 295/40r22 conti sport 5 tyres all with 5mm tread,always washed & waxed,wheels ceramic coated & totally unmarked inside & out,They are Hawke aftermarket alloys not the cheap Chinese Censored that buckle.I can remove all wheels & place on balancer to prove the all run true.Im asking 47k,Message Muddywheels if you like as he as seen the car a few times when he has been to my workshop. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #574663 Wed Feb 06 2019 11:44am
Tyrefitter

The one private is just about looking at mine apart from the wheels & mine has black lettering front & rear also mine has all black seats.Mine also has the colour coded sills which looking at the pics that one doesn't. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #574664 Wed Feb 06 2019 11:55am
Jerseybloke

Jersey 

Thanks, love your car and it has the stealthy look i'm after but probably won't be in a position to do anything for a few weeks as need to get the Wrangler sold first, hopefully won't take too long through........

Post #574666 Wed Feb 06 2019 12:51pm
Tyrefitter

Im in no rush to sell,,i would sooner a member on here have it,,the only reason im selling is I only travel 3 miles each way to work & back so im going to get something smaller like a focus rs or a audi rs3 Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino