RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Help please no sound
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mal1721

United Kingdom 
Help please no sound

Can anyone help with this issue please? no sound from any source. Can’t select other devices. RR Sport 2009 facelift.
Checked fuses 69 ( touch screen display, multi media module, radio telephone ) and fuse 64 ( Audio unit, DVD player )
I’ve taken a video but can’t upload it so added some screen shots.
I can toggle on the steering wheel between stations but no sound, I can toggle between stations on radio but no sound. It’s a standard Harman Kardon.
I’m not tech savvy so would appreciate anything I could check please

2009 Facelift HSE Stornaway Grey
Ex Forces, Ex police, Ex husband

Post #612143 Wed Mar 31 2021 10:31am
Mafya

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

I’ve had this happen to me a couple of times so I have switched car off and locked it using my fob as I have keyless entry and then 30 minutes later got in and it’s all back working again.

Post #612147 Wed Mar 31 2021 3:23pm
Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

This has happened to me on the odd occasion and a turn off and leave for 10 minutes has worked, but if not then its likely to be the main AMP that's not working, you will find it under the drivers seat and it may be faulty or it could be a simple power supply/fuse issue. If you search the forum there is a number of threads on the amplifiers. Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #612187 Thu Apr 01 2021 4:06pm
Kot

So what was the fix?
Was it a fuse?

Post #612554 Mon Apr 12 2021 11:49am
Atlanticjon

Northern Ireland 

I seem to have much the same issue on 2019 autobiography with meridian audio.no audio on any source or on the phone.

The volume stays at level 8 regardless of turning the control. In audio setup I can't select meridian or dts just standard stereo

I have tried switching off, locking car, removing fuse 51, all to no avail. Anyone out there got any ideas? I haven't tried disconnecting the battery yet as its under the full size spare wheel and it weighs a ton!!

I have an extended warranty I may well be making use of, if they don't find a way of wriggling out of it...

Post #612941 Sat Apr 24 2021 3:33pm
Kot

Atlanticjon

Mine is booked in under extended LR warranty (L405 MY18 SE) first week in May for, No sound, stuck on 12 volume, unable to hear Nav instructions or Park assist bleeps Phone etc. Unable to switch from Stereo to Meridian/DTS/Dolby etc

But hopefully it may get fixed earlier as I called out LR assist the other day, on a constant Amber Engine fault so its at the dealers since yesterday sorting that out (375v2 fix I believe). But it won't surprise me if they ignore it (Audio) for now, and I have to drop it off again in May.

I came to the conclusion that my Audio issue is a Fuse Link at best, as all other fuses were OK or at worse its the Audio Amp that is goosed, the LR assist guy when he first run a diagnostic on the Engine issue, also confirmed the Audio Amp is not communicating. So as its warranty, I have gone no further.

I will update when its fixed.

Post #612947 Sat Apr 24 2021 7:05pm
Atlanticjon

Northern Ireland 

Decided to disconnect the battery, after struggling with the spare wheel, took off the negative terminal for 5 mins heard a relay going off . Reconnected and hey presto, we have sound.... so maybe try this as a quick fix. Read an American website that surmised if you had a low battery the amp didn't switch off properly and thus wouldn't switch on again....

Post #612964 Sun Apr 25 2021 10:59am
Kot

It was the Amp Module that was frozen, solution was to remove Fuselink to reset system and update module.
They also installed the new Infotainment Software S21A_21.106-676616

Post #613027 Tue Apr 27 2021 1:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1