Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Damage repairs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JCow17

United Kingdom 
Damage repairs

Afternoon all,

Unfortunately a local scumbag/drunk/boyracing d!ckhead couldn't drive his sh!tty little hatchback in a straight line last night and scratched, scraped and dented my off-side driver and passenger doors...utter Censored

Anyway, I'm in the process of going through the insurers, but does anyone have any recommendations for body shop repairs in the SE London / Bromley area?

Many thanks,
James

Post #573858 Sat Jan 26 2019 4:18pm
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

what the Censored MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #573862 Sat Jan 26 2019 4:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mani

Take it to the main dealers MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #573863 Sat Jan 26 2019 4:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hafman

United Kingdom 

Why a main dealer? All they will do is farm it out to a body repair shop.

Post #573866 Sat Jan 26 2019 5:46pm
Mani

The only advantage is that you are more likely to get a new toy to play with whilst your car is being repaired
Thumbs Up Bow down Whistle Very Happy MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #573891 Sat Jan 26 2019 8:45pm
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Balgores Romford have always done a great job for me, LR authorised repairer also.

Post #573894 Sat Jan 26 2019 9:09pm
BigBen

United Kingdom 
Re: Damage repairs

JCow17 wrote:
Afternoon all,

Unfortunately a local scumbag/drunk/boyracing d!ckhead couldn't drive his sh!tty little hatchback in a straight line last night and scratched, scraped and dented my off-side driver and passenger doors...utter Censored

Anyway, I'm in the process of going through the insurers, but does anyone have any recommendations for body shop repairs in the SE London / Bromley area?

Many thanks,
James

Strongly recommend main dealer with its own body shop or a LR Authorised repairer. Such places will only use OEM parts and will only replace a wheel rather than refurbish it no matter how small the damage.

Post #573945 Sun Jan 27 2019 3:31pm
GodivaNige

England 

Who are you insured with? If it’s any of the DLG (Direct Line Group, so Churchill, Direct Line, Privilege etc) don’t be swayed into using their own in house repair shops, such as UK Assistance. They are shockingly bad. I was naively persuaded some years back to have a repair done by them with the promise of a courtesy car and ended up rejecting the repair three times until they managed to give me something back, that was just about acceptable.
You are legally entitled to use whoever you want to make the repair, regardless of who you are insured with, or whoever the idiot is insured with for that matter, assuming he was insured and you have his details.

Find a repairer who is approved by any of your high end brand local dealerships, such as BMW, Audi, Merc or JLR. They are usually selected by local dealers for their quality workmanship.

Post #573992 Sun Jan 27 2019 10:36pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

GodivaNige wrote:
You are legally entitled to use whoever you want to make the repair, regardless of who you are insured with, or whoever the idiot is insured with for that matter,

That's interesting as it would mean we should buy on price rather than reputation, one of the reasons I insured with A-Plan is I was told my policy covered genuine parts for a claim but it was far from the cheapest quote. I understand how this could be for a claim off a 3rd party, but is this also true for an own fault claim?
I'm kind of lucky with where I live that once the insurer realises there are non of their 'approved' centres we get told to put it where we want (probably cheaper than them shipping it elsewhere (this was tested a few times by my wife on previous cars Evil or Very Mad) but this may not include genuine parts as I've never looked into that.

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #573996 Mon Jan 28 2019 12:19am
GodivaNige

England 

It doesn’t matter if it’s a own fault repair or third party, you can legally select who you wish to repair your car.
You may lose the option of a courtesy car or any repair warranty covered by your insurer when doing this, but I’d rather have a decent repair done than one by an in house repairer, as I’ve learnt the hard way, that repairs are rushed through and are completed to well below par standards. The likes of UK Assistance are ‘conveyor belt’ bodyshops where they get them out of the door as quickly and cheaply as possible and because they are in house, they are saving the insurance company a small fortune.
The one and only repair I have had done by them had paint runs, clear masking marks, paint overrun on glass... really very poor but likely acceptable in their minds, by the majority of owners who they hope, dont have a keen eye.

A quick Google search found this

https://www.gocompare.com/car-insurance/approved-repairers/

Post #574001 Mon Jan 28 2019 8:49am
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Mani wrote:
The only advantage is that you are more likely to get a new toy to play with whilst your car is being repaired
Thumbs Up Bow down Whistle Very Happy

But be careful you might get stuck with a very large hire bill not covered by insurance and the kid wont have the money to pay, even if you sue!!!!

Post #574021 Mon Jan 28 2019 5:19pm
JCow17

United Kingdom 

Thanks all for your suggestions/advice.

The person who hit the car didn't hang around long to give me their details, I briefly saw their car speed off a few seconds after hearing the smash, so going through our own insurers... Censored

Bit of a headache so far...we're covered by Mulsanne (having initially called A-Plan), we've so far been contacted by 'Intelligent Vehicle Solutions', 'RTA Solutions' and 'Key Claims & Administration'...hoping to have approval to go in for repairs early next week.

I contacted our local independent (JLC in Herne Hill) and they recommended www.thepaintandbodyshop.co.uk who are based near to us so we'll see how it goes there and report back.

Post #574235 Fri Feb 01 2019 3:14pm
JCow17

United Kingdom 

Update on the repair...

Insurers eventually allowed us to book the car in with http://www.thepaintandbodyshop.co.uk/ in Beckenham. They had the car for nearly 2 weeks and I'm happy to report what a fantastic job they've done. If anyone lives around this area I would highly recommend them, a couple of pictures below

Post #577223 Sun Mar 17 2019 1:07pm
MGO

Ireland 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

i would have opted for both doors replaced from a salvage car and had it repainted if you didnt find salvage car of same colour

did you see the car as they repaired it? how much filler was used? 2007 TDV6 RRS HSE..now gone
2012 3.0 SDV6 RRS HSE

Post #577228 Sun Mar 17 2019 1:47pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I would have thought with doors they would reskin them rather than waste time trying to fill and contour the damage. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #577232 Sun Mar 17 2019 3:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1