RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Software clarification after compressor changed.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Software clarification after compressor changed.

After being quoted 1k + tax for official LR air compressor swap, one of the members on here told me my local LR will fit a 3rd party part, which turned out to be true, happy days....

Found an outfit on ebay selling AMK type complete kit for around 250 quid got it shipped to Spain in around a week, link below.

https://www.ebay.es/itm/RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-...2744319507

Took car and kit to LR explained that is wasn't an original Hitachi and would probably need a software update, which got a funny look but I figured they must of done loads of these. Anyway an hour later all done, 80 quid all in, for LR direct was very happy. Anyway just as I was pulling up to the house I heard a massive hiss and suspension light came on. I haven't called LR yet but was wondering if it was related to no software update or if the tubes werent connected correctly/tightly etc.

Any advice appreciated before I call them. RRS 2006 2.7TD BLACK (MY FIRST RR!!!!)
RRS 2008 3.6 V8 SILVER/GREY (WIFES XMAS PRESENT)

Post #573811 Fri Jan 25 2019 2:13pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Just based on my experience with converting to AMK compressor, the software update isn't absolutely essential but if not done there is a recurrent fault code of 'exhaust valve' logged and more frequent audible release of pressure on parking up. When I updated the software to the AMK version the fault code no longer occurred and the 'farting' stopped. I never saw a dash light.

Sounds as if something was not done properly on your compressor install. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #573814 Fri Jan 25 2019 5:03pm

Thanks for the inf Paddi, Ive checked the fuse under the bonnet and doesn't look blown, but dont hear the compressor kick in when turning over the engine. I think I am going to take it back to LR next week to see what has happened RRS 2006 2.7TD BLACK (MY FIRST RR!!!!)

Post #573819 Fri Jan 25 2019 6:35pm

Just an update to this, I had time this morning to get under the car to check everything and one of the tubes had disconnected. Manged to fix it back on and driven it around a few times today and no errors have shown up and compressor doing its job. Fingers crossed. RRS 2006 2.7TD BLACK (MY FIRST RR!!!!)

Post #573853 Sat Jan 26 2019 4:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1