Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > New Owner Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Olivarrr

United Kingdom 
New Owner Questions

Hi guys,

Just picked up my 2013 L320 Black Edition and it’s absolutely immaculate - i’m In love. Never had a big car before, I’ve come from an Audi TT so it’s quite a change! (Peer pressure from the family who all own Land Rovers!)

Does anybody know what this sensor on the interior roof is for? (Attached) It doesn’t look like the normal alarm sensor (also pictured) and has a black plastic cover on? Not mentioned anywhere in the manual! Also the headlining around it near the sunroof seems to have dropped a bit, and there sounds to be a clip there when I push, but it doesn’t stay in place. Is there a knack to this?

The rear light LED rings look great, but one of the LED’s in the ring isn’t working Big Cry is this a soldering job or would I need a whole new rear light?

The car comes with timed climate, but I didn’t get a remote, just the two keys. Did they do timed climate without a remote or is mine just missing? Guessing it’s a coding jobby with a new one?

When I turn the car on, the heated front and rear screens seem to come on automatically (the climate control is set to auto) is this normal? Just in low temps? Don’t want to burn out the screens!

Thanks for your help Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Post #573483 Sun Jan 20 2019 9:42am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The thing in the middle of the roof is the alarm movement sensor.

Don't know what this black thing you are talking about?

The grills either side of the sunroof switch is for a microphone. (only 1 fitted on drivers side)

Turn heaters off, if not required to save the battery (very important on these!)

Post #573492 Sun Jan 20 2019 11:46am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

My L320's heated screens also come on automatically when it's near freezing as well when on auto climate. These things are very heavy on the battery, I have a CTEK charger which goes on once a month or so during a cold snap to keep the battery in top condition.
Enjoy your new to you RRS Thumbs Up

Post #573494 Sun Jan 20 2019 11:56am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

If you are talking about the sensor pictured in the lower picture, the black bit on the sensor it's the infa-red sensor for the "WhiteFire" wireless headphones etc. if you have a dual view screen fitted and also if factory rear screen entertainment is fitted, in which case there will be at least 1 or 3 sets of headphones to go with it along with a remote control situated in the rear seat armrest if you have the RSE fitted. I think the black edition actualy had the dual view screen fitted as standard.

Cheers
Col

Post #573495 Sun Jan 20 2019 11:56am
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

I've seen the remotes for sale on a well known website for about £50,, I think you have to " teach" them again under certain circumstances. Look at the teletext website,, you can download all the setup instructions. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #573507 Sun Jan 20 2019 1:24pm
Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: New Owner Questions

Olivarrr wrote:
The car comes with timed climate, but I didn’t get a remote, just the two keys. Did they do timed climate without a remote or is mine just missing? Guessing it’s a coding jobby with a new one?

On the screen middle of the dash on left these various menus go to 'Extra Settings' you'll get two options one will be 'Timed Climate' press that you have the option of setting the park heater over the next 7 days to come on a various times Thumbs Up
You can also get a remote fob but you may need to have some software settings changed to do this? Although I did read that some of the FBH (Fuel Burning Heaters) can now be activated using the key remote? Anyway if you do need to change the settings this can be done by a main dealer/a guy on here called Bodsy or by buying yourself a IID Tool (lots of us have done this it's very useful tool for fault finding and changing settings with. If you want an IID Tool call Duckworth (site sponsor) I just paid £405 for mine and I'm trying to change my settings to get a remote fob to work! Cheers Laurence.

Post #573508 Sun Jan 20 2019 2:01pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Teletext,,, Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Thud telestart 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #573515 Sun Jan 20 2019 4:15pm
Olivarrr

United Kingdom 

Col wrote:
If you are talking about the sensor pictured in the lower picture, the black bit on the sensor it's the infa-red sensor for the "WhiteFire" wireless headphones etc. if you have a dual view screen fitted and also if factory rear screen entertainment is fitted, in which case there will be at least 1 or 3 sets of headphones to go with it along with a remote control situated in the rear seat armrest if you have the RSE fitted. I think the black edition actualy had the dual view screen fitted as standard.

Cheers
Col

Yes, that makes perfect sense - got a set of headphones with it. Thanks!

Post #573539 Sun Jan 20 2019 9:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1