RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Run Away SDV6 Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Tom, it sounds from your last update post that you are being used as the test bed for other customers cars............. in best ARG/BMC / Rover Group tradition. How long before we are back to a 3 day week, 21st century version of Red Robbo, building cars nobody will buy, in our automotive industries?

Hi Tim.

Yea my thoughts too gunipig Rolling Eyes
I said I want to see them do the checks on my vehicle with their computers when it goes in to make sure no faults are showing from the diagnostics.

I definitely hope these updates will solve this issue I had ! I definitely am noticing a improvement in the acceleration I'm sure, having more KW from the motor and a update to the mapping on the fuel and turbos seems to have made a bigger difference then I thought. It was quick before but now seems the pick up is very responsive even with a light touch on the throttle, literally feels like a mild remap which it is Rolling Eyes

I can now get up to 52 mph in full EV where as before just over 40mph was it's max speed on full EV So a gain in 10mph so there definitely has been some changes to the EV system Thumbs Up

This could be a major roll out across the board I think but only time will tell.

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573927 Sun Jan 27 2019 11:20am
thomas brown

jim4244 wrote:
Hi Thomas

I must say, you are taking all this in your stride. I think that if I had been driving a car that didn’t respond to braking or gear change and kept accelerating up to 100 mph and the manufacturer and supply dealer couldn’t find a reason then I would loose all faith in it.

One of the reasons I choose to drive a L494 is it’s reputation for safety in all conditions.

Jim

Hi Jim.

Yea I know what you mean. It is a slight concern I must say, the Mrs won't drive it now I'm certainly happy with that as I always worry about her curbing the 22's Mr. Green

No on a serious point if it does it again and they still have no idea why then I want a new engine and complete new Hybrid system to rule it all out otherwise I will reject it back !

I don't want to change this sport as I took absolutely ages to find one of these SDV6 Hybrid's in this condition as it's mint, the colour which is very rare and the spec on this is amazing only thing it doesn't really have is the rear entertainment which I don't need as nobody goes in the back my boy is all grown up anyway.
I see people on here fitting tablets behind the headrests so it's a easy update if I wanted to do it.

I'm always like this I get attached to my vehicles. Let's just hope all is good for now. I know at least about the emergency park brake now thanks to the guys on this site Thumbs Up

Landrover need to make sure they capture this in the bud and sort it as it's pretty dam serious if my Mrs was driving her when this happened there is no way she could have controlled it and God knows what would of happened Shocked !

Thanks for all your replies guys Thumbs Up

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #573929 Sun Jan 27 2019 11:35am
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Just a thought, but as I understand it, these vehicles have a "black box" fitted which records data in case of a serious accident. Would this have recorded your nasty experience? current 2015 hse dynamic, grey.

Post #573935 Sun Jan 27 2019 12:50pm
thomas brown

Hi Pko.

Yea they checked all the data from all the memory but nothing showed up incorrect, Well so they said !
I'm sure they would tell me if there was though Rolling Eyes

Post #573944 Sun Jan 27 2019 3:03pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

I agree with JIM4244..

If the incident happens again you may not survive to tell the tale...

Thomas, given just how lethal the incident could have been for your family and other road users, get the dealership to confirm in writing that the car is 100%, and if Mr.JLR from Gaydon on the forum (CRC@Landrover) PM'd you guidance and was involved in guiding the trouble shooting then get their 100% ok too, and in writing.

If you don't get that written assurance then reject the car... it's more than a "slight concern...".. for you, your family and others on the road... !! Censored P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #573958 Sun Jan 27 2019 7:01pm
thomas brown

Hi Boldlygo.

I totally agree it was a terrifying moment and all agree with what you say. But for the moment i am taking this as the job as complete but if it does it again I will refuse to drive it unless the engine and Hybrid system is all changed or they can prove what failed. I don't want to change the range rover as I love it but that will be my very last option if they can't find the fault and won't change the engine and Hybrid system Big Cry

I do have written confirmation on the job card from the workshop manager and the master technician who worked on her that this vehicle is 100% safe this also came from Gaydon Landrover too.
I haven't been in contact myself with Gaydon or anybody else from Landrover as the dealer done a good job and kept me informed well to a fashion anyway as I always say it's the service desk that don't keep you informed not the workshops or technicians.

Hopefully all will be good, if they say in writing it will be ok and safe to drive they are putting alot on the line if it does throw a wobler again !

Hopefully Friday coming when I go in again for a diagnostic check up we will see what issues if any show up.

Just want it right as you say and definitely safe Thumbs Up

Post #573968 Sun Jan 27 2019 8:05pm
harisson

Switzerland 

@thomas brown
Glad to hear thar you have her back Smile

I hope that she will run now without an issue... Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #573989 Sun Jan 27 2019 10:00pm
thomas brown

Hi Harrison.

Cheers mate certainly glad to have her back Thumbs Up Its such a beautiful vehicle, love it Very Happy

Hopefully it's all trouble free motoring from now on Rolling Eyes

Thanks.

Post #574003 Mon Jan 28 2019 10:48am
Best Yet

United Kingdom 

Hi Tom
I have followed this thread of yours with great interest as i too have the same RRS DYN HYB (Sept 15 ) certainly hope all is sorted now and will ask if there are any software updates to be downloaded when next close by my preferred dealership.
It certainly was a frightening ordeal you went through.

Post #574017 Mon Jan 28 2019 4:02pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

To be 100% sure they must know what caused the issue: ask what it was and what was done that has removed the problem.

Post #574022 Mon Jan 28 2019 6:24pm
thomas brown

Best Yet wrote:
Hi Tom
I have followed this thread of yours with great interest as i too have the same RRS DYN HYB (Sept 15 ) certainly hope all is sorted now and will ask if there are any software updates to be downloaded when next close by my preferred dealership.

Hi Best yet.

Yea it was pretty scary but I kept calm especially for the Mrs Rolling Eyes ! It is certainly something us Hybrid owners should be aware of but hopefully it was just a issue with mine ? Whether there is any issue with the 2016 model I don't know something I will ask on Friday.

But yea definitely ask your dealer about it you never know they might do some updates to yours ? Keep us posted Thumbs Up

As soon as I know more I will let you knownasap.

Cheers.

Post #574026 Mon Jan 28 2019 8:42pm
thomas brown

drdelrrs wrote:
To be 100% sure they must know what caused the issue: ask what it was and what was done that has removed the problem.

Hi drdelrrs.

Well I have a little more of a update as I spoke to the master technician today as he gave me a call to see how things were going.

As we know apparently they couldn't actually find anything wrong with my sport or from the history data proving anything went wrong Shocked

All I know is they have done a lot of checks on the engine, turbo's, intercoolers, hoses, exhausts etc but nothing visible.

From what I know they completely remapped the software on the EV system with modifications to the synchronization on the EV system to the SDV6 engine and slightly changed some mapping on the SDV6 fueling and turbo's boost to match the new mapping on the EV system. This came from inside Gaydon.

Apparently the Electric motor has had a bit of a boost something in the region on 5kw making it kick out around 40kw of electrical power instead of 35kw.

From he said they think, but this can't be proved, there could have been a malfunction in the EV mapping causing it to think it demanded full EV power which in turn caused the SDV6 to go on full power too so both were pulling together.

So apparently after this update and remap this can't happen Rolling Eyes

Let's see what we get on Friday and hopefully all is ok.

I haven't been out in the sport today as it's been a horrible wet windy day and to be honest didn't want to get it dirty as I have washed it all down and polished it since having it back, so got the old faithful Discovery 2 TD5 out Mr. Green Love this old lady, it's a 2004 plate Es premium and still is lovely Thumbs Up

I think Toyota had issues like this a few years ago but it was the throttle pedal if I'm correct ?

Post #574028 Mon Jan 28 2019 9:03pm
CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 

thomas brown wrote:
Best Yet wrote:
Hi Tom

Hi Best yet.

Yea it was pretty scary but I kept calm especially for the Mrs Rolling Eyes ! It is certainly something us Hybrid owners should be aware of but hopefully it was just a issue with mine ? Whether there is any issue with the 2016 model I don't know something I will ask on Friday.

But yea definitely ask your dealer about it you never know they might do some updates to yours ? Keep us posted Thumbs Up

As soon as I know more I will let you knownasap.

Cheers.

Tom.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

If I can assist in any way, please PM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #574041 Tue Jan 29 2019 10:00am
thomas brown

Hi Chand.

Thanks again for your concern but so far everything is being dealt with by the main dealer / Gaydon Landrover and it's going pretty good too but if I have any issues I will let you know.

Thanks.

Post #574059 Tue Jan 29 2019 4:13pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Well yesterday I went to the dealership for a health / diagnostic check up after all these updates I had on my Hybrid. I went in the workshop straightaway with the master technician while he set up his equipment.

The diagnosis was there was nothing wrong no fault codes at all and the software updates were all good Mr. Green

They still want it back next Friday to check it over again and if all good next week then they are happy with it.

It's been faultless so far.
Will keep you posted if anything changes Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Post #574299 Sat Feb 02 2019 11:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>