RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Slow & Lower - Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Slow & Lower - Fault

My P&J has been sitting for a few weeks in Wales, where it is acknowledged as sometimes being cold and dank.

Started her up last night, no problem and went to drive off. Almost immediately after a few meters, the ABS/TCS kicks in, almost as if the front wheels were slipping. Did it a couple more times up the drive to the road. Usual IT thing, turn car off/on again when on the road and set off. Again, ABS/TCS kicks in and slows the car down. Set off again and it happens again, then I get a couple of orange warning lights on the dash, the car says special programs off and car lowered. After that, it drives fine! I stopped and checked and yes, the car was lowered, so I took it home and got the other car out for our journey.

I've just run my IID tool on it and have the below:

Active Roll Control

U0428-81 (28 ) Invalid data received from steering angle sensor module - Bus signal/message failure - invalid serial data received
( on 28-12-2018 18:53:58 at 251364 km )

Transfer Case

U0126-87 (28 ) Lost communication with steering angle sensor module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( on 28-12-2018 18:53:58 at 251364 km )

I am guessing a steering angle sensor is faulty?

Post #571880 Sat Dec 29 2018 11:31am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well, not unsurprisingly it was the steering angle sensor... But fitting/calibrating a new one and there were still issues. Turned out to be a plastic bush within the steering column that was slipping. New bush = new steering column but my mech had seen this problem before on a D3 and had simply managed to glue the bush in place. Did the same on mine and phew, all back to normal Smile

He also adjusted the UJ on the end of the steering column which was getting a bit notchy and that's much improved - had been getting a bit heavy.

After a service and MOT as well, car back in my hands and ready to go Smile

Post #573208 Wed Jan 16 2019 12:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1