RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Thanks and good-bye
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

kmpowell

So my old RRS has turned up for sale at Norwich Land Rover (part of the Inchcape Group who I purchased my Golf from). It's not yet on the LR website, but it is on the Inchcape website, with all the photos taken outside the VW dealer handover bay in London...

https://www.inchcape.co.uk/cars/used-cars/...Id=3395499

So for a car that I was generally bid circa £42k for from most dealers (Inchcape gave me a lot more), I have to say the near £50k price tag is a bit optimistic, but not a surprise! Rolling Eyes

For those who are interested, last Friday I got the Golf back after it being away for 4 days having a new car detail and full ceramic protection. With two young kids and long motorway trips, my priority was getting the paint perfect then protecting the car (inside and out) with ultimate durability!

The detailer I use is Kamikaze accredited, so he mainly uses Kamikaze products, which are really good, especially as the main products are only available if you're approved/accredited by Kamikaze themselves. The main coating is 'self-healing', and when used together creates a barrier that is guaranteed for a minimum of 3years, fingers crossed!

Anyway on to the detail itself.... the car was first inspected fully for paint depths and imperfections then machine polished. Apart from a few buffing marks from the dealer he said the paint was in good condition and had decent depth. He also told me it's obvious that from mid 2018 VAG Group have reduced the amount of paint they are putting on their cars. He said that all the VW/Audi/Seat's he does now have up to 40% less paint coverage than cars from 2017 and previous! So essentially they are painting two cars for the previous price of one. Mine had a minimum and maximum, but all good coverage and thankfully no concerns. I wonder how many other manufacturers have done this!

Click image to enlarge

After the machine polish, the paint was fully coated in Kamikaze Zipang, and all the exterior plastic trims, wheel arches, engine bay plastics and anything that wasn't painted was coated in Kamikaze Miyabi. Once all that had dried he put another coat of Miyabi over the top of everything for ultra durability and gloss (making the Isaac blue really pop!), and to also create the 'self-healing' coverage.

Wheels were removed and 2x coats of Kamikaze Stance used on the wheels, and also on the callipers, hubs and exhausts. ACF50 was put all over the suspension. Wheel nut covers were also treated with stance.

Kamikaze Intenso was applied to all the glasses and the pan roof

Inside the leather got 2x coats of Dr Leather dye block, all the fabrics got 2x coats of Aerospace fabric guard, and the dash and interior plastics got 2x coats of Gtechnic Matte.

Here's some of the pics he took during the process, and at the end. I'm really pleased with the results, it looks and feels better than new and I think will be very durable. Cool

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #573631 Tue Jan 22 2019 4:31pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Nice detailing!

Thought I'd stick my bit on here instead of another new thread !

After 7 years I've left the JLR branded products and have gone for a Volvo XC60 T8 instead.

Doesn't handle as well and arguably doesn't look as good (that's not to say its that bad at either of the first two things) but everything else is just better including the price!

Will I come back? Who knows, the P400e isn't for me - I've heard too many non-complimentary things about it and a test drive left me slightly underwhelmed so until JLR get with the times properly and eat a bit of humble pie, I'm off!

Thanks for having me around Smile

Post #573644 Tue Jan 22 2019 7:38pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Nice downgrade DangerMouse - every time you see a RR at the traffic lights you'll punch yourself Rolling with laughter

Joking mate - hope you enjoy the new car - brave move as I have heard the Volvos have huge problems with their infotainment systems too!

Post #573680 Wed Jan 23 2019 12:33pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mrs Jim replaced her Evoque with an XC40 last April and it hasn’t missed a beat. Way more advanced than JLR products and as for the infotainment system it makes the one in my 2017 L494 look steam driven......

Jim

Post #573687 Wed Jan 23 2019 1:14pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

The new Evoque will solve that Issue IMHO - I have driven one and it's a much better car than the one it's replacing.

Post #573699 Wed Jan 23 2019 2:50pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

That's lovely km. The Golf GTI is an icon car Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #573700 Wed Jan 23 2019 2:53pm
wilf

RRSman wrote:
The new Evoque will solve that Issue IMHO - I have driven one and it's a much better car than the one it's replacing.

This may be, but JLRs pricing policy will mean I, or rather my wife, will steer well clear. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #573735 Wed Jan 23 2019 9:34pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Yeah I didn't mind the new Evoque but its basically a small Velar.

Don't get me wrong JLR still make desirable products looks and handling wise, but pretty much everything else the Volvo trump them for me personally and its not too far off in the looks or handling either.

Also the T8 with Polestar is a nice engine choice for me and as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy.

Personally I think JLR have lost their way a bit and I can't be that wrong with so many long term customers turning their backs on them, this was bound to happen eventually . . .

Post #573750 Wed Jan 23 2019 11:56pm
BKHK

Australia 

It takes a while to get the RRS bug out of one’s system. Even now, in spite of not liking the SC at all and getting rid after 11 months (it’s still for sale at the dealer) I still think of the 2010 V8 L320 I had before “ upgrading” and wonder if I should find a late model L320 V8 as a runaround. But I said to myself “no more JLR” and my head says stick to my guns.

Post #573751 Thu Jan 24 2019 12:21am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Just to cheer the mood up a little...

My RRS 5.0SC AB is awesome. Absolutely loving it so far and far more exciting car than my previous ones which included Audi’s, Mercs and Beemers.

Works like a dream. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573767 Thu Jan 24 2019 1:15pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

RRSman wrote:
Nice downgrade DangerMouse - every time you see a RR at the traffic lights you'll punch yourself Rolling with laughter

Joking mate - hope you enjoy the new car - brave move as I have heard the Volvos have huge problems with their infotainment systems too!

So true. My coworker has a 2018 XC60 and she's had so many problems with it, especially the infotainment. The dealer hasn't been able to help at all and the updates didn't solve anything. I was telling her about my Velar and then the problems with my SVR (occasional blank screens) and mine were very mild in comparison. Actually made me feel better about mine and more patient. And I'm pretty happy that 18C fixed all the problems. Anyway I hope Volvo has also made progress with the bugs. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #573801 Fri Jan 25 2019 6:43am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Hi andrew,

You need 18d.

It’s like all your Christmases as once when that baby lands... Laughing MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573802 Fri Jan 25 2019 8:26am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

18D is now replaced by Phase 5!! Rolling with laughter 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #573803 Fri Jan 25 2019 9:36am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Phase 5? What’s the difference?

Got any release notes...? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573807 Fri Jan 25 2019 11:57am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

That’s the one that rolls your system back to how it left the factory when your car was built, to show you how much you will miss 18d......... Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #573821 Fri Jan 25 2019 8:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>