RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > I have the Logic 3 system, sounds awful!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
I have the Logic 3 system, sounds awful!!

I don't have the Logic 7 system which I had in my other RRS and really notice the difference. On the audio settings menu it has a control for subwoofer - great I thought so I turned it up... Thumbs Up What subwoofer I can't personally hear any difference or at best very little.... Big Cry How can such an expensive car (when new) have such a poor quality sound system - LR should be ashamed of themselves!! Anyway I do like my Barry White with a decent amount of depth and bass so I guess I need to upgrade the sub or amp or something? What have you guys done to improve the very poor standard tin can quality sound system any advice would be helpful....... Thumbs Up Cheers Laurence.

Post #572512 Sun Jan 06 2019 7:35pm
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Sounds like the sub isn't working. Mine comes and goes, it never sounds amazing but it's a lot better when it's working. Check for fault codes on the audio system

Post #573111 Tue Jan 15 2019 9:01am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The V6 subs are usless.

You can check it works by leaving the radio on, and opening the tailgate and feeling the vibrations on the interior tailgate panel

Post #573129 Tue Jan 15 2019 12:05pm
Buster007

Ill run it in to my local car audio centre they worked wonders on my current Defender! Guess I’ll have a better sub nailed in there! LR should be ashamed of themselves it’s the little finishing touches like the quality of audio sound system that makes all the difference IMHO for what it’s worth? Great product let down by silly little things - ridiculous Rolling Eyes

The HSE should’ve had the Logic 7 as standard! Cheers Laurence.

Post #573133 Tue Jan 15 2019 12:44pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I wouldn't agree the subs are useless but they are not hugely loud and will not make the earth move if that is your thing. More the issue is JLR skimped on the soundproofing in the tailgate and trim so they rattle like a pig as a result. But that is relatively easy and cheap to fix for around 30 quid or so and I put a how to in the tips and tricks.

Post #573198 Wed Jan 16 2019 8:55am
Buster007

I've been advised by my local car audio centre to change the sub in the tailgate. Has anybody done this to improve the base? What one did they instal? Cheers Laurence.

Post #573734 Wed Jan 23 2019 8:34pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

See above and my post on the topic in tips and tricks section. No need to change out driver just sort the lack of dampening which causes the problem. Cheap and effective.

The basic hk system isnt the best. It is reasonable though these things are subjective of course. My home system is way better than any RR system. I have also had the privilege of working in Abbey Road studios and have heard master tape recordings on a system of a quality few will ever of heard so I have a reasonable understanding of these things.

As with many systems, fed with a decent source, eg cd or hi resolution it is ok. Feed it mp3 at crappy bitrates (spotify standard rate) and it will sound poor. Garbage in, garbage out.

Post #573737 Wed Jan 23 2019 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1