RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Just not sure....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Just not sure....

Hi Folks

Well time has come for me to consider coming back into the fold and possibly via an SVR Confused

Having looked around it seems the new 18> year vehicles have a few issues (then again when don't LR's have issues) so not sure if I should go for the Autobiography S/C or jump in for an SVR Question

Depreciation is obviously an issue on both as is the order time for a new vehicle but are there other things to consider that I am missing Question

Looking for an ex-demo or pre-reg seems to be impossible as the dealers are asking the same if not more than for a new build order Exclamation

Please let me know your thoughts on the above Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #572226 Wed Jan 02 2019 3:24pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

I was in just this situation recently...and ultimately decided against the SVR.

To be honest, if depreciation is an concern (SVR versus 5.0), you would be better going for the SVR as they seem to retain their value better. But you can't avoid the fact that 6mth old ones on forecourts are attracting similar prices to new - so the wait is worth it! Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #572281 Thu Jan 03 2019 1:23pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I,m biased but i would definitely go for the SVR.

There were some early problems which now seem to be resolved, though my 18 mdl has been faultless.

As Rich says they are holding their money very well especially as the wait for a new car is around 4/6 months.

Good Luck. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #572287 Thu Jan 03 2019 4:08pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

I’m biased too and would suggest going for the 5.0SC AB!!!

Mine is faultless except for two minor ICTP issues which I’m having addressed with the 18d upgrade next week.

Depends if you want everyone to hear you coming from several miles away I guess.... Rolling with laughter

I definitely wouldn’t worry about the issues reported on this site, I did and it was a waste of energy.

Drives like a dream and I can’t find enough excuses to go out for a drive especially at night. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572341 Thu Jan 03 2019 10:26pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

richamartin wrote:
I was in just this situation recently...and ultimately decided against the SVR.

To be honest, if depreciation is an concern (SVR versus 5.0), you would be better going for the SVR as they seem to retain their value better. But you can't avoid the fact that 6mth old ones on forecourts are attracting similar prices to new - so the wait is worth it!

I hadn't quite realised how well SVRs were holding their value. Just checked out of curiosity and filtered searches on Autotrader and Land Rovers sites to see how much cars with similar mileage to mine are going for and there doesn't seem to be anything there less than £100k!

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #572343 Thu Jan 03 2019 11:07pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

You are right in one way Jas,,but try selling one private & you will really struggle,most folk want finance or peace of mind so they go to dealers so this means you have to sell yours/mine back to dealers & they know this & that's why they give you Censored all price wise. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #572350 Fri Jan 04 2019 7:49am
Japseroony

dc44back wrote:
I’m biased too and would suggest going for the 5.0SC AB!!!

Mine is faultless except for two minor ICTP issues which I’m having addressed with the 18d upgrade next week.

Depends if you want everyone to hear you coming from several miles away I guess.... Rolling with laughter

I definitely wouldn’t worry about the issues reported on this site, I did and it was a waste of energy.

Drives like a dream and I can’t find enough excuses to go out for a drive especially at night.

So is that the FFRR you have or the RRS AB Question I get confused with the new model variants as there seems to be 2 5.0SC versions of both Confused

My local dealer has a FFRR AB in stock that they are putting in the showroom next week so thinking of having a look but not sure if I can afford the extra £30K+ Big Cry "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #572386 Fri Jan 04 2019 12:36pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Dude, this is a Range Rover Sport forum.

For FFRR, you need to go up 10-20 years.... Laughing MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572389 Fri Jan 04 2019 12:57pm
Japseroony

dc44back, sorry I did not mean to insult you lol and yes I understand at 56 I may still be too young for a FFRR but like I said I get confused over the model varients.

I had one of the L322 4.4 V8 diesel's a few years ago (2011) and liked the drive but not the electrical issues so the dealer eventually took it back off me!

So you have the 5.0AB but decided not to go for the SVR? How do you find it and did you drive both prior to making up your mind?

Interested to hear how you are getting on and how the drive differs to the SVR? "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #572393 Fri Jan 04 2019 1:11pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Hah! Forgiven. 56 is like a teenager these days...

Mind you, when Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon took their Trip to Spain in an FFRR it did look pretty cool. And neither are completely silver foxes just yet.

There are horror stories galore on this site which made me sweat the entire 7 months I waited for my first Range Rover.

But pleased to say the quality is top notch and compared to my already awesome 2017 SQ7 which I traded, I feel the 5.0SC AB is a far better car to sit in, drive and enjoy technology advancements even though both cars had much of the same extras. (I.e. everything they offer!).

The RRS in my view looks better and drives better thanks to the 5 litre petrol engine which although isn’t anywhere near as efficient as the 4 litre twin turbo diesel of the SQ7, sounds better, drives smoother and has more enjoyable all round feel on the road. And far more presence.

The suspension is much smoother and that was one of the reasons why I chose the AB instead of the SVR which I thought rode slightly too hard and had less comfortable seats. Also, I experienced the sound in my old F Type which wears off after a while.

What doesn’t wear off is the sheer enjoyment in sitting in the cabin which has crisper, more richly graphic tech than even the newest that Audi has to offer. And so far, it’s almost 100% trouble free save for a couple of minor issues I mentioned earlier which I think stem from JLR offering a little too much customisation (remote start and climate are good but not that essential in my view, although I don’t live in extreme weather conditions). And now that Apple CarPlay is provided it’s bang on. The system works better than the Audi that had glitches trying to work between their own infotainment system and ACP. JLR have done a better job in my opinion. I hear the JLR ICTP system has been an effort to get right but now they are on version 18d I hear it’s flawless.

I’m anycase CarPlay bypasses most of the need for the ICTP as it takes over the phone, messaging and nav mapping functions. But the ICTP sat Nav is excellent quality and a match to Google maps. It’s nice to have the choice anyway. And there’s Apple Maps, Wayze and Sygic also if you want.

There are some UX bits that could be improved but it seems JLR are releasing upgrades to enhance features as well as fix bugs and they’re free to owners.

Overall, I would say MY18 / MY19 models supersede previous ones in terms of quality and reliability in the electrics but as my next door neighbour says, if you get a good one you’re fine but if you get a stinker, you’re f*****d!!!

I’d say that is more likely to be the case with models pre MY18 which was a game changing corner turn for JLR.

As long as you have ICTP version 18d Smile MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572403 Fri Jan 04 2019 6:51pm
Japseroony

Dc44back, many thanks for the comprehensive reply - I have some further thinking to do lol

Like the idea of the SVR but when adding the extras it comes to around £120k whereas if I went for the AB I could save £10k and have a more comfortable seat and ride but lose some power but then again I doubt you would notice the loss as the AB is still extremely capable and has plenty of horses Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #572429 Fri Jan 04 2019 9:59pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

From the owner of a 5.0SC Jaguar XKR, 5.8 Bi-Turbo SL63 AMG, 3.0SC F-Type, an Audi SQ5 and SQ7, I’d say you’ll enjoy the power and performance of the RRS 5.0SC AB... especially in Dynamic mode... MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572430 Fri Jan 04 2019 10:23pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I haven't had the pleasure to compare the MY18 SVR Onwards but its been said on here its quieter than the previous pre facelift car and the seats are more comfortable and the suspension rides slightly better all tweaks so nothing major i expect but something to consider.

It all comes down to what you want from the car long term.

Given your adding so many options you want to make sure you get the right chassis setup for your style.

Post #572432 Fri Jan 04 2019 10:56pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Out of the 5.0 liter, RRS i would say both are superb as that engine is just fantastic and if you do not do loads of miles the extra consumption is more than worth it.
If you want extra, extra luxury and a fast cruiser the 5,0sc AB is a lovely car however if you want the mad extrovert side of LR nothing imo is better then the SVR its covers nearly all circumstances and really questions if you need any other type of cars.

They have a reputation and rightly so! Bow down SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #572439 Sat Jan 05 2019 10:10am
Japseroony

dc44back wrote:
From the owner of a 5.0SC Jaguar XKR, 5.8 Bi-Turbo SL63 AMG, 3.0SC F-Type, an Audi SQ5 and SQ7, I’d say you’ll enjoy the power and performance of the RRS 5.0SC AB... especially in Dynamic mode...

Wow, that’s a pretty impressive garage full you have there, can I be your Chauffeur lol "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #572442 Sat Jan 05 2019 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>