RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > LR Warranty or Others
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Puslinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red
LR Warranty or Others

Time to renew my warranty on my MY2012 with 75k miles, I received the renewal from LR:

Extended 1,210.00
Select Extended 745.00

I purchased the car from a LR dealer, it came with Extended for 2 years, I haven't had any claims or issues with the car (knock on wood). The Extended looks to cover everything, for the peace of mind is there another provider that you could recommend that has equal coverage at a lower cost?

Many thanks, Gary 2018 Telsa MS
2012 Range Rover Sport HSE+
1990 Porsche 944
1985 LR 90 Soft top V8

Post #571042 Fri Dec 14 2018 9:42am
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Warranty direct will cover more items including wear & tear and crankshaft, their cost for 2 years will be roughly the same as Land Rover's offer for 1 year but much better cover..

Post #571057 Fri Dec 14 2018 11:40am
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

what he said ^^^ Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #571061 Fri Dec 14 2018 12:31pm
Puslinch

Thanks gents will have a look. Appreciate the feedback! Gary 2018 Telsa MS
1990 Porsche 944
1985 LR 90 Soft top V8

Post #571064 Fri Dec 14 2018 12:55pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Whilst the LR Extended Warranty sounds good, wait till you try to claim. My daughters 2011 Sport has a leaking exhaust crossover pipe. The immediate response from LR Warranty was that it is part of the exhaust system and was not covered. It was pointed out to them that the crossover pipe actually formed part of the manifold system as it connects the exhaust manifold to the turbos. They then said it was not covered due to wear and tear! The vehicle has covered 78,000 miles and this sort of problem is not acceptable.

I would strongly advise against the LR Warranty as they will use every excuse to avoid paying out.

The end result is that my daughter is moving from the LR brand as am I. There have ben too many problems with my 2017 Sport I also will be changing brand.

It is such a shame a basically good product is spoilt by unreliability and poor customer support

Post #571086 Fri Dec 14 2018 5:52pm
Puslinch

A quick follow up to this thread, LR warranty approved a crossover pipe leak along with a number of other issues this week. Finally paid out! With this said end of the year I’m heading to Warranty Direct for coverage, the car has 85k and I plan on keeping it for a bit. 2018 Telsa MS
1990 Porsche 944
1985 LR 90 Soft top V8

Post #585418 Fri Aug 16 2019 5:20pm
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

In my view LR Approved is a waste of money, they don't pay up easily and if they consider a claim is due to design issues they refuse outright.

I’m very relieved to be with Warranty Direct, very easy to deal with, and I have tailored my policy to my acceptance of risk and therefore cost.

Post #585427 Fri Aug 16 2019 8:18pm
Rusty Novice

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

MAC wrote:
Whilst the LR Extended Warranty sounds good, wait till you try to claim. My daughters 2011 Sport has a leaking exhaust crossover pipe. The immediate response from LR Warranty was that it is part of the exhaust system and was not covered. It was pointed out to them that the crossover pipe actually formed part of the manifold system as it connects the exhaust manifold to the turbos. They then said it was not covered due to wear and tear! The vehicle has covered 78,000 miles and this sort of problem is not acceptable.

I would strongly advise against the LR Warranty as they will use every excuse to avoid paying out.

The end result is that my daughter is moving from the LR brand as am I. There have ben too many problems with my 2017 Sport I also will be changing brand.

It is such a shame a basically good product is spoilt by unreliability and poor customer support

Had a similar experience myself Censored

Post #586016 Thu Aug 29 2019 5:46pm
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Spoke to my local Indy and they advised against warranty direct said they are a pain to deal with, I was adamant I was going with warranty direct but now they have given me doubts.

Has anyone had issues with warranty direct? Planning on taking the full package with them, there is a local LR service centre that can claim direct from them which should make it easier.

Post #586019 Thu Aug 29 2019 6:00pm
syl

United Kingdom 

I’ve got two coming up to end of warranty in the next year. I was considering warranties for both, at least until the end of their service packs at 5 years, but the more I read, the more I think I might just suck it up myself. After all, the warranty companies are in it to make money so unless they can get such better rates on parts and labour than the general public to cover all their costs and profit, I’m probably better off just putting the £4-5k in the bank and taking the risk myself. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #586024 Thu Aug 29 2019 6:42pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Warranty Direct have never refused a claim for me. I let the garage talk to them directly. It’s as easy as it gets. On renewal when haggling over the price they’re very pleasant to deal with. They no longer haggle, but they do offer more optionality in terms of coverage.

I’ve been with them for 3 years now and I am at the break even point in terms of premiums paid vs claims received. Given I know they would pay for a catastrophic issue, like turbo, engine, gearbox, the peace of mind is great.

Thoroughly recommended. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #586032 Thu Aug 29 2019 8:08pm
syl

United Kingdom 

What do you mean pleasant to deal with when haggling over price, but they no longer haggle? RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #586034 Thu Aug 29 2019 8:17pm
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

ilard wrote:
Warranty Direct have never refused a claim for me. I let the garage talk to them directly. It’s as easy as it gets. On renewal when haggling over the price they’re very pleasant to deal with. They no longer haggle, but they do offer more optionality in terms of coverage.

I’ve been with them for 3 years now and I am at the break even point in terms of premiums paid vs claims received. Given I know they would pay for a catastrophic issue, like turbo, engine, gearbox, the peace of mind is great.

Thoroughly recommended.

What he said - I have found them very good, so have my Indy

Post #586035 Thu Aug 29 2019 8:41pm
Gerd1986

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

ilard wrote:

Thoroughly recommended.

Do you take it to a stealers or an Indy?

Post #586048 Thu Aug 29 2019 9:50pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

syl wrote:
What do you mean pleasant to deal with when haggling over price, but they no longer haggle?

I mean they are professional, courteous, knowledgeable, good humoured, efficient. So not like a BT broadband or Sky call centre, which I would say are relatively unpleasant to deal with. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #586267 Tue Sep 03 2019 6:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>