RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

mannchris

Ah so that's how remote climate would still work - starts but no gear selection!

Post #571314 Tue Dec 18 2018 1:56pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Had it fitted today. Seems a clever bit of kit Thumbs Up Steve.

Post #571331 Tue Dec 18 2018 9:21pm
ayu

United Kingdom 

Just had it fitted yesterday to my 2019 svr. Works well so far however this morning after driving it for 5mn or so I received a theft alert text and call from land rover, anyone had this happen after fitting ghost?

The text said this:
Your vehicle ****** has automatically triggered a theft alert. You will shortly be contacted by the Tracking Call Centre who will assist. If possible, please check the vehicle is physically at its last known location. You can also call us now on +443456004999

Land Rover Customer Support

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this sms.

Last edited by ayu on Wed Dec 19 2018 12:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #571348 Wed Dec 19 2018 11:02am
MrM

That’s not good. Sounds like it’s interferring with the InControl tracking device somehow. Would get in touch with the installer if Inwere you, else Land Rover will be trying to get in touch with you quite often! The InControl guys are pretty good and I’d speak with them and ask them what they are seeing on their side that has triggered the alert.

Post #571349 Wed Dec 19 2018 11:40am
ayu

United Kingdom 

Land rover said they were alerted the car was being moved with the engine off which obviously did not happen. Hopefully it's a one off..
Also had the installer fit a dash cam at the same time so that may be the reason too, not quite sure.

Post #571352 Wed Dec 19 2018 12:14pm
mannchris

Be interesting to see what the installer has to say about that, Does your InControl climate still work OK?

Post #571353 Wed Dec 19 2018 12:27pm
MrM

I too would be keen to know and hope that you can get it fixed. My insurance relies on the InControl tracker being functional so I would have concern if it was acting up. They have contacted me twice, once when I disconnected the battery and once when my dash cam came off of the windscreen due to hot sun causing the adhesive to give. Was impressed at their response time I have to say.

Ghost sounds great in theory, I just need to get comfortable about installing it.

Post #571364 Wed Dec 19 2018 3:50pm
ayu

United Kingdom 

The incontrol climate works ok.

The installer (immobiliserdirect.com, recommended by Autowatch Ghost Ltd) said it may be caused by being in a bad signal area. It was parked in an underground car park where there is no signal so I suppose/hope that the theft alert was recorded during installation and then LR received the alert as soon as I drove out of the underground car park. Installer said to contact him if it happens again. I will update as soon as I can do another test.

Post #571368 Wed Dec 19 2018 4:38pm
MrM

Trying to understand how the Ghost has a bearing on your scenario, admittedly knowing little about the subject. Presumably many people park in areas where there is poor signal, underground car parks or otherwise. Surely InControl can’t be getting in touch with all these people as they drive off from their parking spot?

Post #571373 Wed Dec 19 2018 5:10pm
ayu

United Kingdom 

The installer played with a lot of stuff/cables in the car to install both ghost and dash cam, so maybe the car/tracker didn't like that and complained to LR as soon as there was signal. That's all I can think of. I always park the car there and never had any issues before so it's almost certainly linked to the installation in some way. I am hoping it is just a one time thing.

Post #571374 Wed Dec 19 2018 5:14pm
ayu

United Kingdom 

Looks like it may have been a one-off in the end as I didn't get the alert again today after driving off. Probably the alert I got was triggered during the installation itself.

Post #571432 Thu Dec 20 2018 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12