RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY18 (Sept 2018) media screen failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

challigan

Scotland 
MY18 (Sept 2018) media screen failure

travelling home from Aviemore yesterday, reversing out of a parking bay the reverse camera image froze and then the media screen (top and centre of the dash) went blank, main drivers console and lower screens all OK but lost all media, volume control etc - strongly the bluetooth still worked. Pulled over and stopped, turned car off and then restarted, still dead. Called LandRover Service and they booked the car in for next week although suggested a longer off time. Screen stayed blank all journey home. Later (1 hour) tested the car in garage and all back to life.

Question is, anyone else seen this, is it a known bug, random? Do I need to take the car in to service to sort - now it's clear - and will it happen again?

Love to know if anyone else has had this and if it happens a lot.

Car is new, delivered late Sept 2018 not sure if MY18 or MY19 (as don't know the difference)

Thanks, Colin

ps Saw a great looking SVR in the main pay-and-display car park in Aviemore, looked like a custom red Colin

Current - 68 plate RRS2 HSE in Corris Grey
Gone - 16 plate RRS2 HSE in Montalcino Red
Gone - 64 plate RRS2 HSE in Barossa
Gone - 2012 Porsche Cayman R
Gone - 2012 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Previous:
2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic (too small unfortunately)
2012 VW Amarok (too slow and not enough engine!)
2009 Audi R8 V8 Coupe (lots of fun but sadly gone)
2008 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 (great but unreliable)
2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe (great car sadly missed)

Post #570479 Wed Dec 05 2018 9:33am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I've been reading lots of stories like this for both model years. You can't rule out a hardware issue - it could, for example, be bad memory chips or storage that crash the system when stuff gets written to the bad address. But it's more likely a software failure in my opinion, perhaps an error handling issue or a memory leak that is entirely patchable but it doesn't seem like their boffins are exactly swarming it given how many months it's been going on. I wonder if JLR directors' cars have the same issue. I've read the issue has been prevalent since Touch Pro Duo debuted in the Velar yonks a go.

When I got my old smoker new all those years ago the surround cameras would routinely go into a blue screen failed state, often just 2 or 3 out of 5 failed at a time. On restart next day they would be miraculously fixed and then later another one would blue screen. I suffered this for a couple of years and then one day I realised they had stopped failing, presumably the effects of an earlier successful software patch during a service.

So give it 3 years and I am sure your pride & joy's media screen will be running just fine! Thumbs Up

p.s. JLR, please bring back Montalcino Red. Ta. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #570482 Wed Dec 05 2018 9:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1