RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2006 RRS Write Off - To buy back for parts or not?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
2006 RRS Write Off - To buy back for parts or not?!

Our 2006 2.7 RRS looks like it’s going to be written off after bin wagon hit it.

At the moment we keep being told it’s a write off..... no it’s being repaired..... to no it’s a write off! We had hoped she would be repaired as we will lose out if write off value as she was Low mileage for year and in excellent condition as we had anything that needed fixing sorted. She also had all the black plastic painted to body colour, upgraded alloys and tow bar fitted. All this extra spent we will not get back.

If she was written off and we bought her back to strip down for parts is there a market out there? Even to get wheels off they are worth £800 or more and the tow bar would a 2006 fitted tow bar fit onto a 2011 RRS? (We replaced RRS with a new one that my husband collected today a 2011 SDV6).

Just trying to work out some options as to whether to buy her back as a write off to sell for parts or repair (air suspension and rear quarter body panel, window and door damage) or just accept the money and let them take her to salvage?

Post #570395 Mon Dec 03 2018 9:42pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

If you break it for parts, you’ll find yourself busy listing, packing, posting, paying PayPal and eBay fees (if you go that way) and all the other crap that goes with it. It will all depend on how much they will sell it back to you. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #570401 Mon Dec 03 2018 11:03pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I think it would depend on what the buy back price was, there are lot of parts that will fit facelift, wheels, tow bar and some body trims etc. but a lot of parts are different as well.

Cheers
Col

Post #570402 Mon Dec 03 2018 11:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A friend of mine has just gone through this with a lowly Nissan Micra that was stolen and then recovered after it had been torched. She was offered a less than generous settlement and after threatening a legal fight her settlement was quadrupled - it wasn’t a big sum in the first place being a 10year old cheapo car but was less than the scrap value of just the metal work, but she considered the settlement was derisory. So evaluate the settlement with care and don’t accept their first offer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #570406 Tue Dec 04 2018 8:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

or
buy back do the minimum to put back on the road and run it as it is Shocked

did that with our D2 although we did a lot of laning then so it just had Character and Life lines Whistle Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #570509 Wed Dec 05 2018 7:00pm
Flinders

They still haven’t come back with anything. The insurance still said being repaired but garage sent a further quote with more detailed work so now waiting again for engineer to look over further report and make a decision!

It all will depend on how much and to be honest I’m not up to taking parts off the motor to sell on just wanted wheels and tow bar off her! I’m not mechanically minded to be taking bits off!

Would places like motor hog take her if we had taken wheels off and tow bar? That’s an option.

I think it’s going to be an expensive repair as rear door, wing, window and air suspension on that corner all need replacing. Big Cry

Post #570517 Wed Dec 05 2018 8:17pm
Flinders

I’ve uploaded photos to the gallery. I thought they were added to my post above but they are added here now Very Happy

Post #570518 Wed Dec 05 2018 8:19pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
If its the removable swan neck towbar, then its yours, contact the garage and say you have remembered some of your personal effects that are still in the car (rear boot side panels or under the spare wheel) things like tow ropes, waterproofs and the like and you want to come and collect them.
Take the key and remove the towbar as well, different matter if its a fixed type but the removable is yours (or one you borrowed even Whistle )

as regards the car/repairs if the door shuts, locks and can be made safe (no sharp edges) and the glass can be put in Question
that leaves the suspension to sort and run it like that Shocked

to use round figures a 2006 car worth $5000 has a salvage of about $1250 (25% ish) hay its just an option Thumbs Up

blimey I am becoming more interested myself, back to green laning in comfort Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #570525 Wed Dec 05 2018 9:19pm
Flinders

I wish it was the removable swan neck tow bar but sadly it’s fixed and we only had it fitted 12 months ago and used 3 times! We could do with it back to attach to the new RRS!

The door does lock but takes a bit of a tug to open. The suspension defo gone as sat on tyres. She did drive onto tow truck though so they weren’t stopping the wheels turning.

Post #570528 Wed Dec 05 2018 9:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1