RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > P400e charging questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gijsv

Netherlands 
P400e charging questions

Received my P400e about 2 weeks ago and loving it since!
I'm new to Hybride cars so charging is new for me.

I'm charging the car at home with the standard home charger. It takes about 8-9 hours to completely recharge the battery. The remote app shows it adds about 9% per hour.
Yesterday i charged at a public charging spot (22KW). The remote app shows charging with about 16% per hour. The car had only 2% capacity left. So if i calculate it, it would take about 6 hours to completely recharge. But the showed it would take about 4,5 hour. How is this possible? What to believe? 16% per hour or the 4,5 hours? I left about 45min later, so i don't know how long it would actually take...

An other option of the remote app is the remote climate control.
When i use it in the morning, with an outdoor temperature of about 5 degrees celsius and plugged in with te home charger it uses about 13% from the battery! And i have the option "preserve range" checked on. Is it normal it uses the battery?
I would like te know if plugged in at a high capacity charger, more than 7KW, it uses the battery or the wall power to pre heat.
And what does the "preserve range" option means? When the car is nog plugged in it still uses the battery to pre heat...

I hope someone can answer my question Wink

Update:
Today i charged at an 11KW public charging spot and the P400e only took 3,7KW. But why? 🤔

Update 2:
Found the answer why the P400e charges slowly. The onboard charger can only use 1-fase charging. If the public charging spot for example is 11KW, it offers 3x 3,7KW (3-fase). And because of the onboard charger, the car uses only 1 -fase, so 3,7KW. If you want to charge at maximum speed you need an 22KW charger (3x 7,3KW).

Post #569317 Tue Nov 20 2018 8:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1