RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Battery issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

HXM

United Kingdom 
Battery issue

I’ve had the amber engine management light on, however the car drove fine, so I called LR assist this morning anyway and the guy pinned it down to a low battery triggering a power steering fault. The fault code was b1304-00.

He recommended I take it for a long run after clearing the fault, which I did. The car sat for 2 hours afterwards, as soon as I’ve hopped back in the light is on again. It doesn’t get many short drives, it’s used daily for a 26 mile motorway commute each way. There aren’t any low battery warnings and all the electrics work as they should including start stop.

The car is 3 years old. I don’t object to fitting a new battery as its in for a service soon and they will pick up the warning light, but I’ve only had the car 5 months. First of all can I push the dealership to replace the battery, and if not will a third party battery replacement invalidate the approved used warranty?

Thanks MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #568786 Mon Nov 12 2018 4:30pm
J2D

United Kingdom 

I have just purchased an approved used Sport, 2 and a half years old, and they have fitted a new battery as part of there 165point check, if that helps?

Post #568793 Mon Nov 12 2018 5:13pm
HXM

United Kingdom 

Interesting thanks. I’ll mention it. Looks like it had new tyres and brakes before it was sold anyway. Easily £2k worth there! MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #568794 Mon Nov 12 2018 5:19pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

The original battery is an Exide battery. I got one (Exide) recently from Euro car parts. I have just looked & the battery is £320 but use code Winter35 at checkout which gives you 35% off (£112) so battery is £320- £112=£208
Free delivery to your door. I ordered mine just about the deadline for same day delivery, think its 3.30pm & it was delivered at 4pm. Great service
Hardest part is removing the full size spare from the boot. The strap they supply for this is next to useless

Post #568796 Mon Nov 12 2018 6:35pm
HXM

United Kingdom 

Update... car away back to the dealership for the second time in 5 months.. MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #569260 Mon Nov 19 2018 10:43pm
Farmer Chalk

Are you running any type of dashcam? Couldn’t believe the draw they actually take out of a battery! Mine caused all sorts of flat battery issues before changing it!
Had to have LRA out a number of times before it was diagnosed correctly.

Post #569268 Tue Nov 20 2018 6:51am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I have the Thinkware dashcam which has a setting in the menu which shuts it down once the car battery falls below a certain voltage, which you can pre-set. If you do have a dashcam, as suggested, it's worth checking the settings before binning it.

Post #569284 Tue Nov 20 2018 10:55am
HXM

United Kingdom 

Well actually it’s interesting you mention that, because I do intend to have Thinkware front and rear cams fitted in the next couple of weeks. At the minute though nothing aftermarket on it. MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #569287 Tue Nov 20 2018 11:42am
HXM

United Kingdom 

Battery issue turned out to be an O2 sensor (no idea) and the fuel slosh problem is not covered by the extended warranty as it’s a known problem (can’t figure that out either) but they’re going down “other avenues” to fix it and it’s a big job. So I got a new discovery in the meantime, which is no RR Sport !! And who on earth decided to put a 2 litre 4 cylinder in one ?? MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #569387 Wed Nov 21 2018 8:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1