RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > STOLEN VEHICLE TRACKER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

J2D

United Kingdom 
STOLEN VEHICLE TRACKER

Just seen from the original build sheet that our 16 plate RRS has a STOLEN VEHICLE TRACKER, do I have to pay an annual subscription to activate this?
Are any of you guys doing the same on yours?
Is it worth doing?

John

Post #569003 Thu Nov 15 2018 6:50am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Yes you have to pay a subscripition,,but check with your ins first as its a cat6 fitted to LR products & some ins ask for cat5 to be fitted.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #569005 Thu Nov 15 2018 8:48am
J2D

United Kingdom 

Cheers Andy,

Who do we take the subscription out with? LR? Or tracker themselves?

Post #569010 Thu Nov 15 2018 9:26am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When the car gets to 3 years old you will be contacted and asked to pay an annual fee, given the option to buy a longer period or to cancel the subscription That’s what happened to me in March this year when my car got to 3 years old and fell out of warranty. I extended for a year. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #569014 Thu Nov 15 2018 10:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J2D

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info,

Is this still the case with change of ownership? I’m picking it up Saturday, and it will be 3 years old in June next year

How much is the yearly subscription?

John

Post #569020 Thu Nov 15 2018 11:41am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

I just paid for another years cover today £240

Post #569026 Thu Nov 15 2018 4:11pm
Tim in Scotland

J2D wrote:
Is this still the case with change of ownership? I’m picking it up Saturday, and it will be 3 years old in June next year

If the previous owner ticked the Tracker box when they bought the car then you will have it through to the end of the warranty as it was (and still is) an option to choose. It may be listed in your spec on Topix 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #569039 Thu Nov 15 2018 7:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J2D

United Kingdom 

Yes he did 👍🏻, looks like he ticked most of the boxes tbh 😉

Post #569050 Thu Nov 15 2018 10:18pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Get the dealer to set up the LR app for you (will also ensure it the data isn't still available to the previous owner). The tracker info is on there. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #569052 Thu Nov 15 2018 10:22pm
Tim in Scotland

You don’t need the app for the tracker to work, the app shows you where the car is and a few nice To have functions (and despite what you think of the app it is a million times more useful than the BMW/Mini Connected App which is quite rubbish and tells you next to nothing) are added in.
The dealer that sold you the car ShOULD have informed the controlling centre when they sold you the car, like they are supposed to do when you sell a car back to the dealer (and which many dealers don’t do). If the dealer didn’t remove the previous owners details from the system then the previous owner can still log in watch all your journies and where the car is parked etc. I have owned 4 cars with the system and only in one case (the most recent RRS) did the buying dealership remove my access to the car within 12 months of me selling the car - I had to ask them to remove my access to the system because even if you delete the car’s VIN from the app, you can go back and add it manually. The JLR dealers who bought my last car from the BMW dealer that I traded it into (they are both in the same group) notified me within 7 days of them getting the car from the BMW dealership as part of the however many points checks that they do on approved used cars before putting them on the forecourt for sale. Most JLR dealers seem not to be aware of JLR’s requirements (and now the new Data Protection rules) that they, the dealerships, are the people who have to do this not the last owner. As far as I am aware only franchised JLR dealers can perform this so if you bought a car outwith the franchised network you will have to go to one of them with proof of ownership, ID proof etc etc and ask them to delete the previous owner’s contact details from the system. If your car were stolen tonight the the controlling station would only know to notify the previous owner too! I kno from experience that the controlling station staff are very good as they contacted me onboard my ship by satelitte link to tell me that the car;smbattery had gone flat and it was continually flagging up on their system as a car with a problem until I explained the situation, they then arranged for a recovery from my house to get the battery looked at and the car returned to my parents house before I got home....

Regarding the app - you can download it for free from the Apple App Store or the equivalent Android App Store and register with your email address and the car’s VIN, however the selling dealership will still have to notify the controlling network that the previous owner is no longer the owner and block them from accessing your car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #569059 Fri Nov 16 2018 1:01am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

The Controllers are on the ball as they phoned me once saying Incontrol had triggered & did I know where the car was. I was in the main dealers at the time & the car was in their workshop being attended to while I waited. Service guy had a red face when I handed him the phone to explain why this happened, but it was reassuring to find that Incontrol works & not the hard way

Post #569097 Fri Nov 16 2018 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1