RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Ordered an SVR.... Not what I had hoped!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Wokkaman is the 3.0s.c man

That’s him Tim,,haven’t heard from him for a while,wonder if he still has it.?

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #569125 Sat Nov 17 2018 10:50am
Silty

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Silty wrote:
I don't have one and never will.

My humble opinion is that the SVR is a cartoon car, larger than life and shockingly vulgar. A car intended for footballers and lottery winners; conspicuous new money. As my mother would have said, 'I suppose it's OK for those that like those sort of things'

Big Cry Bow down You have some balls to say this here Laughing

Do you really think so? Most non-SVR drivers would agree that my comment isn't far off the mark. Meanwhile SVR drivers are the sort who love any sort of attention (even negative) and don't care what people think about them. If this were not so they wouldn't have bought an SVR. QED? 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #569133 Sat Nov 17 2018 1:54pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I’m afraid that a SVR is on my wish list to be my next LR product.After owning my SC for just over a year I don’t think I can go back to a diesel.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #569136 Sat Nov 17 2018 2:45pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I probably wouldn't go for the 3 litre car on its own but 3litre in PHEV form like in the S560e and I'd take a stab at it as the three litre petrol engine RRS I drove was a nice car but the engine on its own didn't suit the character of an RRS - I think with the batteries and electric motors thought that would be the sweet spot.

But again thats just my opinion, for now looks like its the normal V8SC for me.

Post #569163 Sat Nov 17 2018 10:45pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
I’m afraid that a SVR is on my wish list to be my next LR product.After owning my SC for just over a year I don’t think I can go back to a diesel.

Andy.

Same here!!! Thumbs Up 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #569166 Sun Nov 18 2018 12:57am
stfn333

ayu wrote:

Just collected my new MY19 SVR after a looong wait (ordered in march), love how it looks!
So far only did 10 miles drive home, 16.6mpg
Sound wise a little disappointed but I have high expectations and only did slow speeds so far so reserving full judgement for later! I'm hoping they didn't tune it down too much..

Hi Ayu,

Any update on the sound?

If its really that muted since MY2019, can it be somehow "unmuted" ?

Just waiting for my SVR delivery which is due 03/2019

Post #569176 Sun Nov 18 2018 9:54am
Canary

England 

@ Dangermouse

I absolutely loved my v8SC it had an amazing sound track and whilst the SVR was louder preMY18 im not sure if the new svr variant is now closer soundwise to the regular v8 i dont know??

We do high miles living between Perthshire and Milton Keynes and found the comforts including rear seat entertainment an absolute must when your stuck in the car for 9hours each way plus the seats ofcourse!

I am also aware that the insurance is an awful lot more for an SVR where as my v8 was £400 -£500 and i was 36 year old at the time, I had two v8 sc back to back and i was suprised that when i traded earlier this year for a diesel v8 the insurance is the same, and believe me when i say they do not drive the same, the petrol is just such a pleasure.

Its the perfect choice in my opinion if your a high miler and want the performance and a petrol ofcourse. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #569232 Mon Nov 19 2018 1:42pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

you changed a 5.0SC for a Diesel ? Big Cry SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #569237 Mon Nov 19 2018 1:58pm
Canary

England 

Yes with a heavy heart traded my SC because it had so many issues that neither morons at Milton Keynes & Aylesbury were able to fix, and so in the end I havent the time to dedicate my life to a heap of metal, so at great financial loss to me it went but unfortunately at the time wasnt a decent spec with what i needed so i had to take the better of two evils, so a v8 diesel it is!

its a lovely car with a great spec but it drives like a diesel which I hate, and i really miss my petrol but its the way it is, I have a 24 month pcp and when it ends i can walk away from JLR with no baggage, but if i get 24 months of hassle free motoring i will most definately buy another scv8 since there is very little choice up that end of the market.

I had a cayenne 4 years ago and did not get on with it, so unless i go for german next time which im not sure about itll be another land rover Thumbs Up

frankly i feel like an idiot, like a dog returning to its vomit, but im hardly gonna buy something sensible like a kuga Big Cry MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #569249 Mon Nov 19 2018 6:42pm
ayu

United Kingdom 

stfn333 wrote:

Any update on the sound?

Hey, spent a bit more time with it now and the amazing sound is definitely there. I haven't driven the previous MYs and only seen videos of it so it's hard for me to compare. The latest MY is definitely an amazing car regardless!

Post #569272 Tue Nov 20 2018 8:24am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

DangerMouseUK wrote:
Violetpiano wrote:
DangerMouseUK wrote:
Hey mate,

I don't actually own a V8SC - own a SDV8. I am in the market for a new RRS though hence the questioning and thoughts on the only car I've driven - the SVR - haven't driven the normal version yet - sorry if there was some confusion over that point.

Also the SVR demo I drove for a few days was a MY17 so pre-facelift model, it definitely had a drone (possibly thrum being the wrong word) at motorway speeds of about 70-80mph - made making telephone calls slightly annoying which negated the whole point of a Range Rover to me personally.

I've heard the MY18 is a lot quieter from people here and people who've driven one which would tick one box for me but the no rear seat entertainment and the slightly uncomfortable seats without massage option would again for me personally, detract from what having a Range Rover is about.

With that being said, some of my friends absolutely love the RRS SVR so it really is down to personal preference.

Having owned a MY15 5.0L SC for almost 3 years and a MY18 SVR since March, I can honestly hardly tell the difference in ride comfort / quality when just cruising on a motorway / highway. I have driven a couple of MY15 SVRs but not extensively so can't compare with the prior facelift models.

Jas

Hey mate, again I can't speak for MY18 cars which are apparently considerably quieter under normal driving conditions but I the only V8SC RRS I've been in was a pre-facelift SVR for a few days and it was a little bit too loud for me for every day driving - again we're all different and I know people who love it and drive F-Type SVRs every day and love them and I can't stand that car - at 70mph you can't even have a conversation with someone in the cabin let alone hold a bluetooth phone call - guess its just what you want from the car.

I'd like something that can be fast but is super quiet and comfortable - hence the normal V8SC - but I'm concerned even that might be too loud and as there aren't many around just have to go on what the forums say Smile

Also the SVR was noticeably stiffer sprung (again the one I drove) than other RRSes which were already on the stiff side for Central London driving with all the pot holes and speed bumps so if I had a chance to not go stiffer then I'd take it - maybe the MY18 onwards cars have more adaptability with Comfort mode vs Dynamic, not sure.

Hey DangerMouse, understand - have you thought about renting one to try out? I live in Central London and although only use it occasionally in London - or at night because I am an introvert Whistle I find the ride comparable to my old 5.0L SC. Last year I did a drive to Monaco and back with my children in the 5.0L SC and this year to Marseilles in the SVR and apart from the slightly worse MPG when just cruising, there is hardly any difference.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #569288 Tue Nov 20 2018 11:30am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

ayu wrote:
stfn333 wrote:

Any update on the sound?

Hey, spent a bit more time with it now and the amazing sound is definitely there. I haven't driven the previous MYs and only seen videos of it so it's hard for me to compare. The latest MY is definitely an amazing car regardless!

I would not worry it sounds superb, most of the time i drive mine in normal mode exhaust off and its still loud!

Canary i hope you get yourself another 5.0SC soon. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #569289 Tue Nov 20 2018 11:47am
DangerMouseUK

So just to clarify.

Is the MY18 SVR noticeably quieter day to day than the previous ones?

How much quieter?

I know you guys think that's a massive negative but I am quite intrigued now as my biggest gripe with the older SVR was that it was too loud.

Say you're cruising at 70/80mph on the motorway is it as quiet as say the normal SCV8 or SDV8?

Thanks!

Post #570129 Thu Nov 29 2018 8:53pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

In my opinion as I have said in a previous post...having owned a MY15 5.0L Autobiography for just under 3 years and a MY18 SVR since March this year, when just cruising along a motorway / highway, noise and ride comfort feel the same to me.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #570142 Thu Nov 29 2018 9:41pm
DangerMouseUK

Hey mate;

Would you say sound wise they are almost identical?

I understand comparing a pre facelift and facelift car might not be ideal but still.

Humming over SVR vs SCV8 Autobiography, I do like the look of the SVR more, but dislike the seats, lack of RSE, massage seats, potentially firmer suspension (not sure how much firmer) and obviously the extra noise.

Don't mind having access to a really loud mode, but I'd prefer the default mode to be whisper quiet so I can make and take calls and just have silence when I want to unwind - something other RRs do quite well!

Cheers

Post #570165 Fri Nov 30 2018 1:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>