Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Extended Warranty Handbook - Crankshaft
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

MrMeg

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Bill Portland wrote:
MrMeg wrote:
RR could turn this problem into a winner by announcing that they will only cover this whilst been serviced at RR history that way the would prob even make money in the longer run with cars 3 years+ old.

I don't think they're allowed to do that, as long as the service is carried out by a reputable business, the service is as good as any.

And it would certainly drive me away form the brand. There's no way on this earth that I would let my local Land Rover dealer anywhere near my car.

Oh really, I always felt RR should be good especially with there labour rates although ive always used someone I know to work on my wife's evoque. The RRS has a service plan on mine so I will use RR and see I guess.

Post #568619 Fri Nov 09 2018 2:27pm
wilf

Crankshaft failures, rather than camshaft. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #568625 Fri Nov 09 2018 3:57pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

MrMeg wrote:
I would say its irrelevant on a recall on the S Korea cars it should be the country we are in as the cars would differ a little. I have googled camshaft failures ref rrs and not loads come up and actually some hits on the older models, its mostly forum hits. But then if you google any car and reliably issues most will give you things to worry about if you let it.

I wouldn’t say it’s irrelevant by any means. Just adds more fuel to the fire that there is an issue that needs addressing if that failure occurs. Same crank and block no matter what country it’s being delivered too. 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #568626 Fri Nov 09 2018 4:14pm
MrMeg

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I mean irrelevant with them saying its a known cause, surely if they go that route then it should be covered at there cost due to the recall in s.korea.

We really need numbers of RRS made vs how many claims and why, crazy its putting some buyers off although I guess lot of buyers wouldn't even know about it including me until I bought one haha Whistle

Post #568627 Fri Nov 09 2018 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123