RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > EV mode on a P400e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
EV mode on a P400e

Can anyone please confirm, or otherwise, whether the plug-in hybrid will actually drive in zero emission EV mode for any distance, and if so how far? Or does it always require the engine to be running?

Thank you
Adam..

Post #567975 Wed Oct 31 2018 3:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes it will run in EV mode - it is the default start out mode if there is enough charge in the HV battery. Claimed by LR is 30’ish miles, I would imagine in real life 20-23 miles depending on how many lights/heaters and wipers you have running........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #567980 Wed Oct 31 2018 4:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Garry

United Kingdom 

Land Rover say up to 31 miles in EV only mode. There is a switch you can press to keep it EV, untill you run out of battery or if you ask the car to accelerate beyond the EV only capability. Going over a certain speed (70 ish) I read also brings the engine in. I managed 29 on mine this week in pure EV mode.

Post #567990 Wed Oct 31 2018 6:45pm
Black Bess

Thank you both, you have answered my question perfectly!! I needed know for work and it is marvelous what you can find out on the forum.

Adam..

Post #568032 Thu Nov 01 2018 11:14am
Davegrillo

Malta 

Hi Tim and Garry

I ordered a Carpathian Grey HSE Phev this week. Can you please give me some feedback on how its going with the car? Any major hitches?
There were some issues with batteries lately but Im hoping they are the older models. Thank you

Post #568094 Thu Nov 01 2018 11:00pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Im tempted to order one myself i cant get how good i thought it was out of my head.

Im only holding off as dont want to order one and next year it does 80 miles on a charge or a full EV one turns up doing 200+ miles.

I think i could drive it daily almost totally on battery if i charged it everyday that would be a huge difference to my 18mpg in the SVR

Post #568095 Thu Nov 01 2018 11:09pm
Black Bess

But you didn`t buy an SVR for the fuel economy did you?

Post #568105 Fri Nov 02 2018 10:29am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Your right the SVR is a boys toy.

I guess I’m slowly converting to hybrid tech and can see the advantages from another perspective.

Post #568107 Fri Nov 02 2018 11:02am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Before going down the PHEV route try a Jaguar I-Pace, I drove a demo one recently and was really impressed - you will have a similar battery range as you have with a 5.0lt S/C petrol in the SVR when driven as it should be but it will cost you less than the cost of 5 litre of Premium 4* Petrol to fill up and you get 700nm of torque available from pull away with no need to take it easy to warm up the engine...... plus the added benefit of reduced BIK tax if that matters and the lowest rate of VED...... 0-62 in 4.5secs isn’t far off the SVR too - need I mention that it’s cheaper to buy than the RRS PHEV Autobiography to boot. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #568110 Fri Nov 02 2018 11:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ilard

United Kingdom 

The I-Pace does feel tiny inside by comparision, though... more like a regular hatchback than an SUV and it also does not feel as plush as a RRS, so that is the compromise for going pure EV with JLR and saving some money into the bargain.

I do not foresee the LR PHEV range improving before the new Range Rover platform comes to market (FFRR 2020/21, RRS 2021/22) because to improve range you need more battery (surely cannot be space, so it would need the new platform), significantly lower weight (needs the new lightweight platform) or an astonishing improvement in battery technology (I've not heard any rumours that ZF are on the cusp of such a break throw with their hybrid package, although I am are they are investing like crazy).

Autocar mentioned that a fully EV RR Sport/Fatty will not appear until a dedicated RR EV is launched (perhaps this is a different body on the I-Pace platform... no idea).

Conclusion: buy P400e now! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #568114 Fri Nov 02 2018 12:29pm
Garry

United Kingdom 

Davegrillo wrote:
Hi Tim and Garry

I ordered a Carpathian Grey HSE Phev this week. Can you please give me some feedback on how its going with the car? Any major hitches?
There were some issues with batteries lately but Im hoping they are the older models. Thank you

Davegrillo

I can give you very positive feedback so far. However, I’ve had my car just over a week and have hardly used it. I’ve spent more time sitting in the car in my garage or on the drive fiddling with all the settings than actually driving!

I will write a short report in a month or so once I have put a few miles on the clock.

Post #568142 Fri Nov 02 2018 8:51pm
Garry

United Kingdom 

ilard wrote:
The I-Pace does feel tiny inside by comparision, though... more like a regular hatchback than an SUV and it also does not feel as plush as a RRS, so that is the compromise for going pure EV with JLR and saving some money into the bargain.

I do not foresee the LR PHEV range improving before the new Range Rover platform comes to market (FFRR 2020/21, RRS 2021/22) because to improve range you need more battery (surely cannot be space, so it would need the new platform), significantly lower weight (needs the new lightweight platform) or an astonishing improvement in battery technology (I've not heard any rumours that ZF are on the cusp of such a break throw with their hybrid package, although I am are they are investing like crazy).

Autocar mentioned that a fully EV RR Sport/Fatty will not appear until a dedicated RR EV is launched (perhaps this is a different body on the I-Pace platform... no idea).

Conclusion: buy P400e now!

Interesting conclusion and comments on the Jaguar ilard. Very similar to my thoughts, you can put off a purchase for ever waiting for the next model or newer tech.

Post #568143 Fri Nov 02 2018 8:54pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Davegrillo wrote:
Hi Tim and Garry

Hello mate. am thinking of ordering one in december and was wondering what delivery date they have offered you as i have been told there is a long wait for p400e's

Post #568151 Fri Nov 02 2018 11:08pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

Thank you Gary.
Ill try to keep an eye on the forum since for some reason I did not receive any notification that you replied. Would appreciate feedback. Its scary when you spend half of your life savings on a car which develops issues. So im hopinh for the best.
My email is grillodavid@gmail.com if you wish or can

Post #568172 Sat Nov 03 2018 12:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1