Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Audi SQ5 Plus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Audi SQ5 Plus

Has anyone owned one of these that can give me a few pointers?
Diesel version from 2016 to 2017. Thumbs Up

Post #567920 Tue Oct 30 2018 3:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

A good friend of mine had one and she liked the car but didn’t like the build quality of certain things. In the 2 1/2 years she had it, she had 2 new sunroof cassettes and it was in the garage a dozen times for the same sunroof rattle. Eventually a Audi tech told her on the quiet that they have a known issue which they can’t fix. Her husband has (for the moment) an A4 which has now been in the garage for 6 weeks to have the sat nav fixed. It has had 2 new units and hasn’t fixed it and since having the same model A4 as a courtesy car, he now realises how much connectivity he’s missed out on. He’s told the dealer the car isn’t fit for purpose and wants them to buy it back. Neither want another Audi! Are they going the same way as JLR? 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #567948 Tue Oct 30 2018 10:53pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My sister moved from a 2006 Tdv6 RRS S that she ran to almost 300,000 miles with one faulty EGR in all that time....... my b-I-l decided that an Audi Q5 (I know not the SQ5) would be a nice change and they bought a new one in January 2016 and regretted it. They ran Q5’s to 2 replacement cars later (that is the original rejected + 2 further rejected cars in 2 years) and they are now back into a Land Rover, but a Discovery Sport this time (it would have been another RRS but they felt the price couldn’t be justified..........) - the problems with the Audi were above mentioned sun roof problems, suspension components snapping after severe testing on their 4 mile long rough track drive that the RRS and the DS have shrugged off, but also they had a lot of mechanical problems that my BIL put down to the “fix” for the diesel gate problem. vAG were always very helpful and the replacement cars were always supplied with the least of fuss but the Audi couldn’t hack the use that they required of the car. Did I mention also that the “bulletproof” construction mentioned everywhere isn’t quiet as good as it is made out to be? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #567961 Wed Oct 31 2018 8:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Hmm, thanks for your replies guys.
I have searched several sites and the SQ5 seems to be generally a good car. Yes i have heard of the sunroof issues, but not much else.
I am not one for having to either put up with issues, or one for continually visiting a dealer to rectify faults. I have been very lucky with all my vehicles over the years and got away with just visiting the dealer for services. I really don't want this habbit to change. But i have always fancied the SQ5. My Mrs wanted me to consider either a Discovery Sport or an Evoque. But they seem plagued with problems, so i'm not going down that route. Rolling Eyes

Post #567972 Wed Oct 31 2018 1:30pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

As I said above, she loved the car, especially the loud button as she called it, but her frustration grew to the point that when the warranty was 6 months from expiry, she asked if Audi would honour any further work to the sun roof after the expiry date. They confirmed verbally but wouldn’t put this in writing so she sold the car. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #567973 Wed Oct 31 2018 1:39pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

Ady 555

I had an early SQ5 and it was bullet proof. It didn't have a single fault that I can think of. The engine is an absolute gem, for a diesel and it sounded really nice in loud mode.

The only fault, if can be called one, is that it wasn't exciting to drive. I had a RR Sport and chopped in in for the SQ5 and I really missed the high up position, hence why I went back to the RR. The SQ5 feels like a car, not a 4X4. It's also a bit tamer than the statistics suggest. I don't know how Audi manage to make a car that will do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds feel 'normal', but it just didn't feel that fast. It was though, make no mistake, the Bi turbo is very strong

Overall, it's a really good car.

Post #567987 Wed Oct 31 2018 5:08pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Thanks once again for your replies guys.
A sunroof was on my list of favourable options, but it might be worth giving that option a miss.
Good to hear you had a reliable car Essex. Thumbs Up
The performance of these SQ5's is a major attraction amongst a lot of owners. They put a lot of sports cars to shame with such performance figures.

Post #567989 Wed Oct 31 2018 5:43pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Ady 555 wrote:
Hmm, thanks for your replies guys.
My Mrs wanted me to consider either a Discovery Sport or an Evoque. But they seem plagued with problems, so i'm not going down that route. Rolling Eyes

Wise man, unless you are happy with 7000 mile service intervals on the 2.0d (that’s if you can get a dealer who tells the truth rather than telling porkies about software glitches)

I moved from a 2013 RRS to a Discovery Sport last year.
Having had enough of LRs arrogance on the situation, even though an internal document released admits design errors on the DS engine and exhaust layout, I now drive a Lexus RX

Post #568081 Thu Nov 01 2018 8:03pm
SRE

Spain 

ADY....I thought you had finished with SUV's, and moving to fast Fords Thumbs Up (or white Vans) Whistle
Syd In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #568130 Fri Nov 02 2018 1:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1