RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Courtesy car availability
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

hoppy_70

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Courtesy car availability

Just had a small issue fixed under warranty and really not happy with LR dealers courtesy car availability. It was around 2 months away for each dealer I rang and it was made clear that unless the car actually broke down and was undriveable, wouldn’t get one from lr assist either.

Having come from Bmw who were more like 2 weeks, I find this a big downside to ownership. I need my car for work and need to know that when it has a fault, they’ll lend me something. I also have no idea how soon I should book service. It’s such a randomiser, booking two months in advance to get a car and accurately guessing the service light coming on, is NOT going to be easy.

It’s such an issue to me I doubt I’ll return once this one is gone Big Cry

Which is a shame as the new x5 is fugly. Range Rover Sport HSE DYnamic SDV6 Velocity blue 2020 MY
Range Rover sport HSE Dynamic P400e Silver
Range Rover Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic 2016 MY
Range Rover sport 3.6tdv8HSE 2007 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2005 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2007 honey
Range rover Vogue 2005 4.4 - GONE and missed
BMW 535d M sport 2006 - GONE not as missed
BMW X5 4.4 2004 sport - GONE

Post #567582 Wed Oct 24 2018 9:10pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

My indie has loan cars (used to be Freelander 2, now Disco Sport) which are usually available in the next 7-10 days. You pay a small fee but they're available and ready to go when you get there.

As for LR Assist, it was only ever intended to keep you mobile for the first two days of a breakdown. After that, the dealer is responsible for the courtesy car.

Last time I used a LR dealership, I booked in on the understanding that a car would be available. When I got there, there wasn't one but they'd organised for an Enterprise car to be provided. An i10. Which I would have to pay for. I used it for the day, was told they wouldn't get the car sorted for some days so returned the i10 and organised car use with SWMBO. Luckily I could drop her at work and use her car for my work.

Shower of Censored the lot of them. Which is why I've used the indy for the last 5 years... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #567605 Wed Oct 24 2018 11:21pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It isn’t just JLR who have issues with providing a courtesy car, my local BMW/Mini dealer couldn’t offer one for nearly a month either so I asked them if they could arrange either a lift home ( 20minutes drive away) or a lift to the bus station then I would use my concession card.......... even those options were not available ( both were available at the JLR dealership up the road whenever my RRS was serviced by them). It isn’t a requirement of JLR that service outlets provide a courtesy car and they doncost dealerships plenty as they have to put them on the road for a bunch of people who, generally, don’t take good care of those cars. My local JLR dealer always said to me that because I didn’t buy my cars from them they had to give priority to customers who had purchased from them and that was why I was rarely offered a courtesy car - and then when one was available it would be a Fiat or a Jaguar XE rather than a Land Rover product. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #567609 Thu Oct 25 2018 7:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hoppy_70

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Maybe I just got lucky with my BM dealer then. If I needed a car for this booking then it would have been Xmas week! Range Rover Sport HSE DYnamic SDV6 Velocity blue 2020 MY
Range Rover sport HSE Dynamic P400e Silver
Range Rover Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic 2016 MY
Range Rover sport 3.6tdv8HSE 2007 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2005 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2007 honey
Range rover Vogue 2005 4.4 - GONE and missed
BMW 535d M sport 2006 - GONE not as missed
BMW X5 4.4 2004 sport - GONE

Post #567610 Thu Oct 25 2018 7:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1