RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Am I insane????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Eskimo

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Am I insane????

So first of all Hello to all out there in RRS world, I'm new to the site and the world of RRS ownership, however not new to LR products - this will be my 4th........a sucker for punishment I know Laughing Laughing Laughing

So returning to my potential insanity, I've just traded my 2013 Kuga 2.0TDCi with 60,000 on the clock for a 2006 2.7TD V6 Sport HSE with 138,000 on the clock.

The RRS has full dealer service history up until around the 100,000 mark and is then full history with a local indy garage. It has had Timing belts, water pump, new air suspension drier (I think - does that sound right) or could have been compressor.

Appears to be an honest car, now major faults/marks/damage, only had 2 MOT failures years ago, 1 for the rear number plate bulb not working and 1 for insufficient water from one of the screen washers, otherwise every MOT a pass with only 2 advisories on windscreen chips, at different times and 2 on tyre tread depth, oh and comes with what initially appears to be a decent 6mth warranty - although I'm sure they'll find a way to wriggle out of paying!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

As far as I can tell everything appears to function as expected, suspension moves to all heights, seems to hold air with no sagging, radio, heated seats, AC, fornt and rear window heaters etc etc etc all working. The only faults I found were 1 of the washer jets was blocked, the split tailgate top opening switch was a little temperamental and 2 of the bottom door moldings wer a bit (all of which they have agreed to repair before I pick it up)

So general concensus folks - Am I insane for doing such a trade?? Very Happy Shocked Whistle All answers gratefully received Thumbs Up

Post #567487 Mon Oct 22 2018 10:25pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

There’s a little insanity in all of us! May as well have a RR product to go with it! Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #567488 Mon Oct 22 2018 11:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ilard

United Kingdom 

Did that dealer also sell you some ice? Rolling Eyes L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #567493 Tue Oct 23 2018 5:57am
BJH1959

Portugal 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

If your car performs as well as the 2005 2.7TDV6 HSE that I bought a year and a half ago you'll be a happy man. I've said it before here and I'll say it again... best car I ever bought. Barrie.
2005 RRS 2.7TDV6 from 2017 -2024. Best car I ever had.
Current: 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2

Post #567494 Tue Oct 23 2018 6:03am
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Not insane just a bit mad but you will love the sport more than the kuga Thumbs Up

Post #567502 Tue Oct 23 2018 8:41am
Eskimo

Yep - will be loving it more than the Kuga, never really got on with it, wasn't really a car, wasn't really a 4x4 (AWD) and wasn't really a SUV (not overly sporty). It was bought when my Jeep Cherokee finally gave up the ghost and was a rush purchase - never a good idea to be fair.

Will be glad to get back into an LR again, always found them comfortable and generally pretty reliable beasts to own, as long as they are serviced regularly.

ilard - no the dealer didn't sell me some ICE as the radio was still in it Wink Wink not sure why you would think that though, any particular reason in case I've missed something important when looking at it?

I haven't picked it up yet so could always pull out if necessary.........

Post #567517 Tue Oct 23 2018 12:40pm
Sit

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Think it was in relation to your username Wink

Sometimes a little chaos and insanity is wahts needed, there are dozens of troublesome experiences documented on these very pages but there are also probably just as many happy owners.

Just enjoy it for what it is I say Thumbs Up and don't forget to post some pics.

Si

Post #589461 Tue Oct 29 2019 8:09pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Eskimo wrote:
wasn't really a SUV (not overly sporty)

The 2.7 TDV6 isn't exactly sporty either. It's a very comfortable 5 seat bus. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #589467 Tue Oct 29 2019 9:57pm
Eskimo

Well a year to the day since I took ownership and here's the list of faults:

1 x Compressor £364 (fitted myself)
1 x relay number 6 (packed on the drive to holiday last Saturday)

And that's it, a few standard maintenance things like brakes, tyres, service ut no major faults Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Happy days 2006 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6 (The Baby one as I keep being told)
1999 Discovery 4.0 V8 (Gone but not forgotten)
1997 Range Rover 3.5 V8 (Long gone now)
1966 Series II SWB with RR 3.5 V8 (Never finished, now sold)

Post #589662 Fri Nov 01 2019 9:12pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

That’s really good, I’m thrilled to hear this worked out even if it’s not been proven one way or the other if you are insane or not Laughing

And it’s testament, I think, to the adage that if you look after a RRS it will look after you. But you have to expect the unexpected at some point in its life so keep a slush fund! Thumbs Up L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #589664 Fri Nov 01 2019 11:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1