RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone got Apple Car play working yet.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 16 <123 ... 111213 141516>

MaximusDM

Hi I have an MY17 and just had the car back from a service and noticed the infotainment has been updated and when I checked it’s version 18D. I can now no longer make and receive phone calls via the infotainment system with iPhone connected and don’t seem to have an option for CarPlay, is there something else I or they have to do to enable this? I, be taking it back anyway due to the phone issue but thought I’d ask.

Post #573330 Thu Jan 17 2019 10:56pm
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

You may need to pair the phone again

Post #573331 Thu Jan 17 2019 11:00pm
rangiejools

Australia 

MaximusDM wrote:
Hi I have an MY17 and just had the car back from a service and noticed the infotainment has been updated and when I checked it’s version 18D. I can now no longer make and receive phone calls via the infotainment system with iPhone connected and don’t seem to have an option for CarPlay, is there something else I or they have to do to enable this? I, be taking it back anyway due to the phone issue but thought I’d ask.

How did you check which software you have? SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #573342 Fri Jan 18 2019 3:30am
MaximusDM

blueanchorinn wrote:
You may need to pair the phone again

Yeah tried this a few times and even tried a few phones incase it was mine but no dice. I can play music via the phone but just wont make or receive calls through it. Under software update it tells you oh your current version.

Post #573344 Fri Jan 18 2019 9:25am
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

Back to the dealer then by the looks of it🙄. Mine rang yesterday to say they needed the second key as something happened during the download that caused the BCM to have a hissy fit and they’ve had to order a new one and need to program the keys🙄

Post #573345 Fri Jan 18 2019 9:54am

United Kingdom 

HaggisMan wrote:
So - you can get CarPlay but it’s a chargeable extra, either at time of order (only very recently) or as a dealer fit for £240! Nice though it might be, I don’t think it’s worth that, especially when InControl Apps does nearly the same. Annoying when cheaper cars include it as standard but welcome to the world of Range Rovers I suppose...

Just had my new MY19 delivered. Had blithely assumed that ACP would be installed on all new cars now. Am now told it has to go back in for it to be fitted for £240 as you say. Astounding. Just assumed it would be standard as for so many other cars these days.

Anyone else have a view as to whether it’s worth the hassle / cost?

Post #573663 Tue Jan 22 2019 11:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It came for free with my £33000 Countryman and TBH I don’t see why I have it as the car is connected so satnav etc get over the air updates, the BMW nav anyway I find not as good as JLR apart that for a PHEV it has road gradients in the database so can work out the routes to gain most recharging from downhills and avoid uphills which Apple or Google maps don’t have. I don’t read or send SMS while driving so that bit is dangerous in my view and if I want to stream radio it costs me in phone data and DAB is free on the car radio, OK you don’t get the huge selection of stations you get over the internet but so long as I can get R4 and Classic FM on DAB or FM i’m happy. If you have incontrol pro or whatever it is now called I cannot see what extra you get for your £240, it seems to me ACP just duplicates a lot of Incontrol functions. How JLR justifies the extra cost of ACP when a £13000 Skoda or FIAT gets it included for free in the purchase price fails me. RIP off JLR again. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #573668 Wed Jan 23 2019 8:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

ACP was an optional extra for my top of the range XC90 as well but I still ordered it. I get Waze (far superior to any car’s built-in satnav IMHO) on the centre console screen (along with some other apps). I don’t need a phone holder because I don’t need to look at my phone and faff around with it, which I believe is illegal while driving. No dangling phone cables in sight. For me it’s worth it just for these reasons.

I do see Tim’s point about gradient recognition in the car’s satnav and it sounds quite clever. I don’t know if the factory nav in my XC90 PHEV has that feature because I have never even tried to use anything other than Waze in this car. In reality I will always choose the fastest route rather than the most economical one.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if a navigation app that points out width restrictions (magnetic kerbs) on a chosen route? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #573673 Wed Jan 23 2019 10:01am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

fkarim - do you get speed limit alerts and police alerts on your XC90 when using Waze on ACP as on the RRS we don't and for me this is the MOST IMPORTANT feature of using Waze (I'm on 6 points!!)

Post #573679 Wed Jan 23 2019 12:30pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Definitely get speed limit and camera alerts in Waze but haven't seen police alerts yet. I believe they will work but just haven't driven it enough yet to experience everything. I get speed limit alerts from the car's own system as well, even though I don't use the built-in nav (it has traffic sign recognition). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #573701 Wed Jan 23 2019 2:57pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thanks - I get the police camera alert blip blip from my RRS too but Waze is in real time and also captures where hidden police and speed cams are (usually very accurate). I used a rental car in the US that had ACP and even on that the police alerts did not work on using Waze via ACP.

Post #573702 Wed Jan 23 2019 2:59pm
PlasticKnife

United Kingdom 

I get speed camera notifications in Waze and the JLR standard beep. Waze is really good for real time traffic. Loving it! MY19 - HSE Dynamic. Black with black pack

Post #573707 Wed Jan 23 2019 4:31pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

PlasticKnife - are you sure? So your Waze actually announces "speed camera ahead" or "Police Reported Ahead" along with showing an icon on the car's screen?

Post #573709 Wed Jan 23 2019 5:18pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Forget Phase 4 18D, apparently Phase 5 is here? Rolling with laughter 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #573806 Fri Jan 25 2019 10:47am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

What’s phase 5 got that 18d hasn’t? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573820 Fri Jan 25 2019 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 16 <123 ... 111213 141516>