RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone got Apple Car play working yet.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 16 <123 ... 789 ... 141516>

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Right - picked car up from the dealers with Car Play now installed. All I have to say is don't bother!! My infotainment was working absolutely fine until this update but now it's very laggy...every press on either top or bottom screen has a 4-5 second delay before it responds Evil or Very Mad

Car play seems to work ok - used Waze on the way home but it is missing one vital and most important function of using waze on a phone - the speed limit and your actual current speed - neither show up on the RR screen Crying or Very sad

I think it may need to go back soon to get this firmware update reversed....tried to check for over the air updates but there are none available.

As usual I think JLR have rushed this one out... Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #569354 Wed Nov 21 2018 1:36pm
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

Think that’s more of an Apple Waze thing as I have read elsewhere that full functionality is not enabled

Post #569356 Wed Nov 21 2018 1:40pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Yes agreed, Apple don't allow it to display the speed but Apple never said Censored up the infotainment system by adding Waze Embarassed

Post #569359 Wed Nov 21 2018 1:42pm
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

My infotainment wasn’t working properly when I took it 10 days ago so I will see when I pick it up Friday

Post #569362 Wed Nov 21 2018 1:53pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Probably why my dealer said 18c is just a beta release used to overcome issues for current owners and that a full release will come early 2019.

But they’ve probably used that one before... MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #569501 Fri Nov 23 2018 12:48am
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Picked up my SVR yesterday with 18C installed. It's only 24 hours and perhaps too early to tell but everything is working perfectly so far. I don't see a lot of lag using apps with CarPlay. Sometimes with TuneIn radio app but it's hitting the servers etc and I think some small delays are to be expected. The UI itself is responsive. It feels like the way the system should have been from the start. I like that Over The Air updates are enabled now and I hope that is for more than just navigation updates.

The main problems I was having was the lower screen going completely off 2-3 times per week, and the backup camera intermittently not working. Fingers crossed those two things don't happen anymore. Time will tell.

A user on another forum passed on his personal experience that even with 18C it's a bit finicky in regards to when you plug in your phone. It has problems if plugged in before starting the car, and you have to let it all start up and wait for the computers to do their handshakes with each other before plugging it in. I've been doing that so far and it's been fine. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #569507 Fri Nov 23 2018 6:04am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

I used to have problems with CarPlay on my Audi but after IOS12.1 things seemed to get better. As long as you close all Apps open, plug in and instantly remove screen lock it fires up ok. Only time
It gets tricky seems to be when you start a journey and stop, remove the phone and then reconnect shortly after - like if you were to get petrol - for some reason the iPhone and car seem to stop recognising themselves. Only fix
Is to stop engine, switch off and restart. Even then if connection has gone it’s still a bit iffy.

But as I say ios12.1 is much better.

Anyway, enough with my perfect performing Audi.... I’m off to Solihull now to enjoy my VIP In-line Experience where I’ll see my actual new car going through the final factory production line.

They called me Tuesday to reconfirm arrangements to say whilst they didn’t want to jinx things all was going to plan. They advised that because my car will have SVO paint - the beautiful Bosphorus Grey - the chassis had already been sent to the SVO paint facility in Coventry and that it should be back in time.

They called again yesterday to confirm it arrived back at the factory on Wednesday at 5.00am - military precision so far!

I shall try to ignore posts on this Forum for now and assume they’re going to put together a perfect T1000...

I’ll be back to report on my experience! MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #569508 Fri Nov 23 2018 6:50am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Created a separate topic re the factory visit today.

Re ACP - spoke to JLR today directly. They reckon they’ve suggested to dealers to try and charge £270 for Smartphone pack but many are offering FOC especially if owners are having issues.

MY19 models like mine have slipped through the net as the configurator didn’t offer the Smartphone pack as an option (that is there now as of 22/11) but they have been prepped and just need a simples software upgrade. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #569552 Fri Nov 23 2018 5:43pm
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

Got mine back yesterday with Apple play. Early days but it seems to work so far

Post #569673 Sun Nov 25 2018 12:49am
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Thanks for the tips and relaying your experience with ACP. It's all new to me. 3 days of frequent driving and I'm happy to see ZERO issues or weirdness. However I haven't done what you described below with your Audi. After 10 months with a Velar and 4 with a Sport I've come to really like the ICTP duo when it works properly. I think overall it's a somewhat painful but completely worthwhile transition for LR.

dc44back wrote:
I used to have problems with CarPlay on my Audi but after IOS12.1 things seemed to get better. As long as you close all Apps open, plug in and instantly remove screen lock it fires up ok. Only time
It gets tricky seems to be when you start a journey and stop, remove the phone and then reconnect shortly after - like if you were to get petrol - for some reason the iPhone and car seem to stop recognising themselves. Only fix
Is to stop engine, switch off and restart. Even then if connection has gone it’s still a bit iffy.

But as I say ios12.1 is much better.

Anyway, enough with my perfect performing Audi.... I’m off to Solihull now to enjoy my VIP In-line Experience where I’ll see my actual new car going through the final factory production line.

They called me Tuesday to reconfirm arrangements to say whilst they didn’t want to jinx things all was going to plan. They advised that because my car will have SVO paint - the beautiful Bosphorus Grey - the chassis had already been sent to the SVO paint facility in Coventry and that it should be back in time.

They called again yesterday to confirm it arrived back at the factory on Wednesday at 5.00am - military precision so far!

I shall try to ignore posts on this Forum for now and assume they’re going to put together a perfect T1000...

I’ll be back to report on my experience!
 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #569677 Sun Nov 25 2018 1:14am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Mine seems to be sorting itself out too..the lag is now less apparent but not using car play much tbh..

Post #569678 Sun Nov 25 2018 1:41am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

RRSman, are you saying the RR ICTP is working well for you now?

My dealer claims the latest upgrade sorts out the niggles. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #569683 Sun Nov 25 2018 12:21pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

On the day I drove back from the dealer with carplay installed the infotainment was very laggy and slow. Day 2 seemed to be improved but still slow...day 3 its back to normal with no lag but I have not been using car play much as yet. I'll give it a proper go next week and report back.

Someone here earlier said carplay only works with the wire but mine works via bluetooth as well.

Post #569685 Sun Nov 25 2018 12:43pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Really? I was under the impression that ACP only works with a wired connection as it’s not compatible with Bluetooth.

On my Audi and wife’s VW Golf that’s certainly the case.

Weird. Maybe JLR are offering a better experience of ACP.

Is it the case that you can only use it on the top screen? Not on dashboard or HUD? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #569686 Sun Nov 25 2018 12:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Yep, when I connect via bluetooth the screen pops up asking if I want to connect to carplay..

Post #569687 Sun Nov 25 2018 12:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 16 <123 ... 789 ... 141516>