RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Adaptive Cruise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dlongson

Adaptive Cruise

Hope this hasn't been asked already... looked and didnt find...

In the UK, the ACC works nicely - as far as I can tell, it slows down behind a slower car, and then if the right indicator is selected, it appears to start to accelerate (whilst behind the slower car), in anticipation of an overtake manoeuvre. Which means that you are in an accelerating situation as you pull out. Good stuff

In the UK, choosing a left hand indication does NOT behave in the same way, which is fine as 'overtaking on the left' is not supposed to be allowed anyway.

So far so good.

However, on the continent, the car behaves in exactly the same way, which is a bit pointless as now acceleration for a left overtake is required (i.e. the opposite to the UK). The only adjustment I can find on the car for foreign driving is for the automatically dipping headlights, which makes no difference to the ACC (obviously). Am I missing an obvious option somewhere? There must be a way of setting the car up for driving on the right as a default, given that RRS are sold all over the world?

Cheers
Damien

Post #566548 Tue Oct 09 2018 9:10pm
Chips

England 

I had no idea it did that , every day is a school day ! I just hit the throttle at the same time as the indicator and so have never given it chance MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #566555 Tue Oct 09 2018 9:21pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

When you pull out to overtake/undertake the cruise senses that there is nothing there so accelerates anyway up to your set limit.
Going by what you are saying, if you select the rh indicator but do not pull out, your car will accelerate into the car in front which is not the point of adaptive cruise.

Post #566556 Tue Oct 09 2018 9:22pm
dlongson

Hi Lindab
I know I have to pull out...! It’s just that the behaviour seems to differ between left and right indication in a way that only makes sense in the UK...
D

Post #566557 Tue Oct 09 2018 9:37pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I’ve had ACC on my last 3 sports and mine certainly has nothing to do with the indicator.

It only accelerates if it sees a clear road ahead, irrespective of left or right, I.e, overtake or exit slip road.

It certainly does slow down on right hand bends on the motorway if traffic on the inside enters radar range, I’ve learnt just to keep gentle accelerator applied in that situation.

Had a loan car recently with normal cruise - never again!!! Embarassed

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #566611 Wed Oct 10 2018 4:24pm
Chips

England 

I tried this today and it works , Brilliant Very Happy MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #566633 Wed Oct 10 2018 7:34pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Never felt it behaved like that based on indication on mine at least. I thought it was more about steering wheel angle as you pull out and the radar doesn’t detect any obstacle in the direction you’re headed in.

Any chance your overtaking manoeuvre is slightly different when driving on the other side of the road? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #566635 Wed Oct 10 2018 7:42pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I wonder if you changed the speedo units to kmh it would think it’s in France Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #566640 Wed Oct 10 2018 8:08pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I did not experience this behaviour when driving in continent and the workshop manual also does not mention anything like this, I tend to think that we overtake closer to the passing vehicle when driving on left (as we sit on the left) and this preventing ACC from seeing the clear lane ahead. Even in the UK when going around bends it picks up slow moving vehicles very easily.
I use ACC daily and would find it very hard to use normal CC now.

Post #566669 Thu Oct 11 2018 10:20am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Decided to try this today. I was on a 50mph dual carriageway, adaptive cruise on set at 50. Traffic slowed to 40 and it was fairly steady flow. Outside lane was empty so I put on RH Indicator but did not move the wheel. Car continued at the same speed as the car in front, it did not accelerate. I then switched off indicator then pulled out into outside lane & as expected once the car had sensed there was nothing in front, it accelerated up to the set 50. As far as I am concerned the indicator has nothing to do with cruise accelerating.

Post #566674 Thu Oct 11 2018 11:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1