Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Surround view distorted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Arkenbout

Sweden 
Surround view distorted

Rolling Eyes Hi all!

Although this is my second Range Rover Sport, I’m new to the forum. About 5 months ago my 2018 Supercharged Autobiography was delivered to me. Unfortunately it has many problems and a retailer that’s not able to solve them. One of them is the distorted surround view, see picture. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any idea what a solution could be. The car has been in the workshop for 5 weeks and this is one of the things they couldn’t repair...

Post #566302 Thu Oct 04 2018 10:42pm
MrM

Surround view is afterall a montage of images from the various cameras around the car; there is no camera 40ft above the car looking down, so some distortion is to be expected I guess.. It’s a little hard to see from the picture, I assume you are referring to the imagery to the front of the car? In truth, I don’t think mine looks an awful lot different to that....

Post #566312 Fri Oct 05 2018 8:27am
Arkenbout

Sweden 

Well, if you look at the white stripes on each side of the car, you'll see 1 in front, completely on the wrong spot. Almost like the camera is turned 90 degrees and the computer tries to make something out of it. And the grey pieces on each corner shouldn't be there either, it wasn't on my old Sport, and it wasn't on the courtesy Velar, see attached picture.

Post #566315 Fri Oct 05 2018 10:27am
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Mine is also distorted. I asked my dealer to take a look while my SVR was in for something else and they said they couldn't see anything wrong, or it was working "as designed" or something like that. Which would be very weird if so because I had a Velar before this one and the overhead image was perfect, without the solid corners in the image. I have a feeling they saw the issue but have no idea how to fix it.

In my example you can see how the curb is all distorted and the parking spot markers aren't accurate. I don't use this image to get close to the curb anyway and use the side cameras for that. I only use it to ensure I'm centered in the spot. But still disappointing considering what these cost.

Anyway it's not just yours.

2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #566350 Sat Oct 06 2018 6:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1