Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Adaptive xenon headlights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Adaptive xenon headlights

Hi Guys.

With the Adaptive xenon headlights when does the headlight swivel ? Only at certain speeds ? I think it moves a tiny amount while stationery but not alot.

Plus the kerb led lighting when it's parked up these don't operate when you turn the wheel but again I guess it has to be moving at something like 5mph or more ? Had a look in the manual and online but can't find any information ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #565749 Sun Sep 23 2018 3:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The corner spotlights used to to work at speeds below 30mph when the steering was turned more than a certain amount or if you used the indicators. They were very useful in dark multi-storey car parks when going round the in/out spiral ramps. The headlights only moved a tiny amount but on startup in an L320 RRS they used to do a little self levelling dance which was entertaining for passengers! I have adaptive LED headlights on the Mini but they don’t do any light show on start up. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #565750 Sun Sep 23 2018 3:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Hi Tim.

Cheers for your reply.

Yea my old L320 used to do that little self leveling dance I miss that. Like all new things you always seem to gain something in one way but loose it somewhere else !

So the cornering led lights work up to speeds of 30mph or if you put the indicator on. But not stationery I guess ? Or I just need to turn the wheel more ! Didn't try it with the indicator though I must admit will try that tomorrow Thumbs Up

Yea the headlight does seem to move a little while you turn the steering wheel but maybe they turn more while driving. To be honest I haven't even driven my sport in the dark yet Rolling Eyes

My campervan has adaptive headlights and I wouldn't be without them anymore they are brilliant in the dark when cornering Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #565751 Sun Sep 23 2018 3:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I replaced the 1 candle power main beam headlights in my 1996 Defender with LED headlights two years ago, i’m Not frightened of driving it in the dark anymore ! They are so powerful that they reflect back off road signs in the daytime yet I have never had any oncoming drivers flash headlights at me - I run with them on as DRLs 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #565756 Sun Sep 23 2018 5:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

He, he I know your pain my 1990 200tdi discovery still has pretty poor headlights even with upgraded headlight bulbs, I guess today we are spoilt with modern technology Rolling Eyes

I remember buying her new back in march 1990, it was high tech back then, electric windows, mirrors and a heater that actually worked especially coming from my LWB series 3 Safari Landrover Mr. Green

Still probably more reliable then any new Landrover today Thumbs Up

Post #565761 Sun Sep 23 2018 6:31pm
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Hi Tom,

I assume my 2014 Autobiography has Adaptive Xenons (it certainly has Xenons) but I haven't really noticed them swiveling on corners etc and yes, I do miss the "up/down" dance the ones on the old RRS did!

If anything, I'd say the headlights don't seem as powerful on the L494 compared to the L320- I'm probably wrong but just seems that way.

Matt

Post #565838 Tue Sep 25 2018 2:15pm
thomas brown

Hi punkawallah.

You can normally tell if you have adaptive xenon headlights by looking at the little reflective light beside the xenon convex this should have two high power LEDs up in the top which when activated shine down onto the reflective part. These lights are closest to the front grill.

If you don't have adaptive lights there will just be two round holes open up in the top of the light Thumbs Up Hope that makes sense Rolling Eyes you have to really look up into the light to see this though.

To be honest I haven't drove my current sport in the dark yet but my older HSE Dynamic which was a 2014 which didn't have adaptive xenon headlights I found to be much brighter then my older L320 but I guess that's just opinion.
They must be better being bi xenon Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Post #565854 Tue Sep 25 2018 8:11pm
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Thanks Tom - good knowledge - will have a look - interesting to hear how they work.

Post #565873 Wed Sep 26 2018 12:26pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Well I tried them today in my garage as it was dark but nothing ! The swivel headlights were moving quite a bit so that was good Thumbs Up

In the end I got the cornering led lights to work Mr. Green , i found out that you have to have the sport in drive then they will come one when you slightly turn the steering wheel Thumbs Up I like these they are smart. Very bright in my garage, I look forward to using these in the dark Mr. Green

Cheers.

Post #565894 Wed Sep 26 2018 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1